Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia's Gabba Test team announcement on November 12

Just to give people an idea of when the Australian media focus will significantly shift towards the cricket.

the problem with that however is that Ross also stated previously that you need to be out BEFORE the focus is on the event, not when or after. and i would assume the focus will switch before that, as speculation etc. occurs. especially as you will have the "will he/wont he" shenanigans over Clarke's back. plus England will already be into the tour.

I am not entirely sure how the media in Aus works, but if you were going to release a cricket game in the UK only when the media focus was primarily on cricket, that would have given you only 2 windows during the last 10 years, 1 during the 2005 Ashes and 1 when the Pietersen/Strauss "textgate" blew up.

If we're winning the media talks about Cricket - otherwise we talk about the prospects for the next football season.

If we're winning the media talks about Cricket - otherwise we talk about the prospects for the next football season.

so, if you were to lose the first test heavily, that gives what - 2 weeks of "peak interest" - assuming a 14 Nov release and first test going 5 days.

Missed my point about the window, no wants to buy things considered "old"... FIFA World cup is half price immediately when the WC finishes, London Olympics was less than that two weeks after the London games were complete.

If you are to sell an event base game then the optimal time is before the event, during and after die pretty damn quickly.

now you can all throw out the "event based" bit, i've bold-italiced it myself to help you. but we all know, even if they don't have the license, there is only one event to throw peak interest on cricket in their two biggest markets this year.

rolling the dice?

Matt is exaggerating slightly...regardless of the result of the first three tests, the Boxing Day test and the Pink Day at the SCG will be big.

lol - well you know there is this place that apparently has cheap kitchens....

I dread to think what those kitchens are like, "you're kitchen is on its way delivery soon, just polishing the counter tops, and making sure its bug free, hang it there!!!!

the problem with that however is that Ross also stated previously that you need to be out BEFORE the focus is on the event, not when or after. and i would assume the focus will switch before that, as speculation etc. occurs. especially as you will have the "will he/wont he" shenanigans over Clarke's back. plus England will already be into the tour.

I am not entirely sure how the media in Aus works, but if you were going to release a cricket game in the UK only when the media focus was primarily on cricket, that would have given you only 2 windows during the last 10 years, 1 during the 2005 Ashes and 1 when the Pietersen/Strauss "textgate" blew up.

That was in reference to having a licensed product that was for an event, like a World Cup of <anything>, Olympics, or say, Ashes.

----------

Matt is exaggerating slightly...regardless of the result of the first three tests, the Boxing Day test and the Pink Day at the SCG will be big.

I agree the boxing day of the boxing day test is huge for sure...

so, if you were to lose the first test heavily, that gives what - 2 weeks of "peak interest" - assuming a 14 Nov release and first test going 5 days.
Boxing Day Test + Boxing Day sales are a good combination regardless of how we perform. I think we've also got the team and the weather to keep the contest alive with a few early draws.

A big advertising push through December, once the game is already on shelves so there's an impulse buy factor that focuses on the career mode (the ultimate differentiator) would work well at bringing in cricket fans.

I can see a lot of parents buying their kid a cricket game with Bradman on it for Christmas.

That was in reference to having a licensed product that was for an event, like a World Cup of <anything>, Olympics, or say, Ashes.

a point which i addressed. your game isn't "event-based" per se, but it's disingenuous to make out the event isn't going to have a big impact on interest in a cricket game this autumn/winter.

----------

series could well be over by the boxing day test.

i am not saying i expect it to be, just that it could. hoping it's not is "rolling the dice".

a point which i addressed. your game isn't "event-based" per se, but it's disingenuous to make out the event isn't going to have a big impact on interest in a cricket game this autumn/winter.

----------

series could well be over by the boxing day test.

i am not saying i expect it to be, just that it could. hoping it's not is "rolling the dice".

disingenuous is strong - I was making the point that after the Ashes is over our game wont be "old"... never did I say that the event wont have an effect, it just wont have as big effect on a game that does not bear the events name.

Also, I don't think you could have Ashes 2014 on Xbox One/PS4 next year but you could have Don Bradman Cricket 15

----------

I hope the Aussies win it in three and it's all over mid-December :)

disingenuous is strong - I was making the point that after the Ashes is over our game wont be "old"... never did I say that the event wont have an effect, it just wont have as big effect on a game that does not bear the events name.

Also, I don't think you could have Ashes 2014 on Xbox One/PS4 next year but you could have Don Bradman Cricket 15

----------

I hope the Aussies win it in three and it's all over mid-December :)

It's still a cricket game ross, sure no ashes on the front cover but who knows about that other game anymore.;)

PS You work so close to them Ross, maybe send HBK or Mike M dressed as cookie girls to get into fort Trickstar just watch out for the Snipers ok.:yes

Fortunately for your sales I can't see us wrapping it up in 3 tests this time. Maybe 4.

I'd prefer the Aussies won in three, of course, but either in three is what I would like to see from a professional point of view ;)

PS You hope the Aussie win in 3 and it's over by mid December.:facepalm
Ross let's hope for a 2-2 going into the 5th test in Sydney where the Aussie win by 1 wicket.:clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread