Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if ashes13 has to lower their price before an ashes series there's no way they'd release it after, I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole! DB14 is far more than a niche game, it has a longer shelf life, I could see people buying DB14 even up to DB15s release just to get a feel of it(probably pre owned or reduced by then). If this does turn into a francise some of us will want to buy every years release for nostalgia!

Last edited:
Who said there will be a ashes 2014, god i'm not going though this again.:noway
PS I just want to play a good cricket game and DBC14 sounds the best by a mile.

PS Ross on the 8th of November, say you still have not heard anything from ashes team. How long would it take to release the game ?

Boxing Day Test + Boxing Day sales are a good combination regardless of how we perform. I think we've also got the team and the weather to keep the contest alive with a few early draws.

A big advertising push through December, once the game is already on shelves so there's an impulse buy factor that focuses on the career mode (the ultimate differentiator) would work well at bringing in cricket fans.

I can see a lot of parents buying their kid a cricket game with Bradman on it for Christmas.

This is debatable imo, a lot of them will probably be buying an ashes game just because of the name + young kids getting jacked up about the ashes (i remember i used to) as blocker said it seems like a "rolling the dice" type scenario

I think blocker brings up some interesting points here, it does seem very touch and go in terms of time

Yeah it does feel like that sometimes.
Ashes does nothing and Bigant wait for them to do nothing.
It's like a Western movie, a shoot first or die.:eek:

----------

Bigant fear a magic trick from trickstar, magictrick/ trickstar I see ross.:D

If Ashes releases, Big Ant simply need to focus their advertising on the massive feature gap - career mode especially.

The familiarity of the Don Bradman name to a slightly older generation is why I think a lot of parents will make that buying decision - the box art also looks far more professional.

If Ashes releases, Big Ant simply need to focus their advertising on the massive feature gap - career mode especially.

The familiarity of the Don Bradman name to a slightly older generation is why I think a lot of parents will make that buying decision - the box art also looks far more professional.

Yeah this is a fair shout actually, but surely wouldn't BA want to be first in the market? sure there is the feature gap but that seems like way too much of a gamble, I'd imagine a lot of people will see the licences and players on the ashes cover and that would draw them into buy it. especially with an ashes series going on, as you said there are fans of bradman but how strong will that be during the ashes period, just seems like a lot of risk.

also what if ashes does actually stink up the market, I can't see a lot of the casual players and kids buying or getting two cricket games so close together

Last edited:

it's why i have been adamant all along about first mover advantage. Actually Ashes13 would have bigger first mover advantage than DBC, because of the Ashes license it means they would have lower switch costs than DBC if they released second. (if DBC release first, ashes would need to spend less to get focus to switch to their product, because of the topical license. if ashes released first, DBC would have to spend a lot more, and wait for WOM to do the rest. that's why DBC cannot let Ashes release first) because of that, DBC need to release 2/3 weeks before Ashes, to allow the WOM to have built. If someone is buying Ashes, the guy in the store says - you know the other game is much better?

i think at the moment, the biggest thing in Big Ant's favour is being 14, and more expensive. it will seem newer.

Last edited:
To be honest the year is getting closer to finishing now, I would just act like ashes 2013 never was and if and that's a huge if they release sometime in November then maybe ashes out sells it for a short period of time but over say 6 months DBC14 should win. PS This is just my opinion as I am not the CEO of bigant or true blu either.

PS Ross what does True Blu want if you can tell us.:spy

----------

it's why i have been adamant all along about first mover advantage. Actually Ashes13 would have bigger first mover advantage than DBC, because of the Ashes license it means they would have lower switch costs than DBC if they released second. (if DBC release first, ashes would need to spend less to get focus to switch to their product, because of the topical license. if ashes released first, DBC would have to spend a lot more, and wait for WOM to do the rest. that's why DBC cannot let Ashes release first) because of that, DBC need to release 2/3 weeks before Ashes, to allow the WOM to have built. If someone is buying Ashes, the guy in the store says - you know the other game is much better?

i think at the moment, the biggest thing in Big Ant's favour is being 14, and more expensive. it will seem newer.

Both games could release in mid to late November at the moment or neither, 21st of November is the start of the ashes so if we still have not heard from ashes by then well no ashes 2013 you would think right.
PS I bet this all gives ross a huge headache guys, I can see ross talking the same thing with true blu like everyweek.

also what if ashes does actually stink up the market, I can't see a lot of the casual players and kids buying or getting two cricket games so close together

spot on.

also, i am assuming it will be released before the series starts, but some of Ross' comments hint that that is not definite. i imagine a large slice of the UK market, like me, are looking for a game to play in the evening while we wait for the cricket to come on. if i had thought there was even a possibility i wouldn't be able to do that (from day one), i wouldn't have wasted so much time in CA.

If ashes game was comin out we'd have seen something by now, I'd be more inclined to believe that they don't want to announce anything about it in fear of bigant cornering the market, as sad as it is, some people still hold on to the hope it'll release. If DB14 sells well trickster can't even repackage AC13 as IC14 and run with it, but if they keep schtum enough people may still hold off buying DB just in case! As far as I'm concerned unless trickster can get rhianna to lick my balls I won't buy anything they put out!!!

To be honest the year is getting closer to finishing now, I would just act like ashes 2013 never was and if and that's a huge if they release sometime in November then maybe ashes out sells it for a short period of time but over say 6 months DBC14 should win. PS This is just my opinion as I am not the CEO of bigant or true blu either.

This made me think of a few things. Does anyone know if BA's aim is to market against AC13 anymore? Because ross has said they are in it for the long haul so in that respect your point is right, they shouldn't be focused on what ashes are doing even if they outsell them for a bit as their game has more shelf life so to speak, no? That's what is confusing.

Also does anyone know if the game is finished? maybe the BA team have ran into some late problems whilst testing or something?

Well CA is obviously having more bugs than expected.

The rest of it is like a chess game played by correspondence. One guy is still thinking through 20 moves ahead unaware the other guy stopped playing 3 months ago.

I would be very shocked if Ashes came out first.

(sentence holds true without the last word)

From Ross' statements I feel if Ashes does release before the first test, DBC14 would release after AC13 (somewhere in December). Thats what I could comprehend....might be totally wrong.

I think you have to look long term. There's no way 505 are going to fund another Trickstar cricket game so even if AC13 does outsell DB14 the latter franchise is the future and by the second and third iterations they will have built a brand and reputation.
Personally I don't expect AC13 to make November anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread