Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone thinking that at THIS STAGE BigAnt and TruBlu are worried about what Ashes is doing, are insane in the membrane.

Avoid the market killing $20 game... That was what, a joke?

And when I said 2 days ago I thought Dec was the release, you said "huh what" then asked if I was drinking. Now it's the better business decision?

Man...

This to me will be like Fifa and PES, the latter has no or had no licences when it first came in, but still it had a fare share of the market, today they are up there with Fifa if not neck and neck,,,players want a good gameplay and with few extras that makes it next to reality, its a +,,,back of the box will sell for itself with regards to Don Bradman Cricket 14

Move over 505/Trickstar, real competition is here, you have robbed us of quality cricket games because of complicancy

All these would be relieved soon, MF's ashes crew is actually under the knife edge to release it before ashes or give up on it. ;) it's not too far for them to give up! :spy

All these would be relieved soon, MF's ashes crew is actually under the knife edge to release it before ashes or give up on it. ;) it's not too far for them to give up! :spy

They shud just follow your name, Surrender, lol

I can't wish for anything better than that, it'll be the best announcement I've been waiting for, and that will leave Don Bradman Cricket 14 to dominate the market un-contested

This to me will be like Fifa and PES, the latter has no or had no licences when it first came in, but still it had a fare share of the market, today they are up there with Fifa if not neck and neck,,,players want a good gameplay and with few extras that makes it next to reality, its a +,,,back of the box will sell for itself with regards to Don Bradman Cricket 14

Move over 505/Trickstar, real competition is here, you have robbed us of quality cricket games because of complicancy

Not sure PES is anywhere near Fifa anymore mate, fifa is miles ahead but i get what ur saying! Licenses will come with time and people will buy for the gameplay and not the name.

just when you think you've seen it all 'this brilliant thread out does itself.35 pages in the last 2 days.

Not sure PES is anywhere near Fifa anymore mate, fifa is miles ahead but i get what ur saying! Licenses will come with time and people will buy for the gameplay and not the name.

Majority of people will buy a cricket game on name and licences alone. We are a very small percentage of people here on Planet cricket and there will also be another small minority that will look at DBC14 videos on You Tube.

Big Ant will be relying on the average Joe gamer and cricket fan to go out there and buy the game and a lot of people that end up buying will not even know of the existence of Planetcricket.net or even have seen gameplay footage on youtube.

This is also an inaugural cricket title for Big Ant so name,cover and licences will have a very substantial say in the sales figures.

If gameplay alone sold titles Big Ant wouldn't have gone through all the efforts of getting Don Bradman on the cover.

I get u as well DAP, I dnt have the facts, but yes DBC will sell for its features and gameplay

Avoid the market killing $20 game... That was what, a joke?

It's easy to avoid when it's missing approvals and release dates. Ross is stirring, flare for the dramatic, call it what you like but other than spoiling the market with a cheap game (which long term does just as much damage to their brand as any others) I seriously doubt the Ashes product is causing any sleepless nights for anyone that isn't on the Trickstar payroll.

when I said 2 days ago I thought Dec was the release, you said "huh what" then asked if I was drinking. Now it's the better business decision?.

Listen, you're being such a drama queen about the smallest of things lately. I'm "huh whatting" about 74.3 percent of what you say, so just assume it was something else other than your strange conspiracy theory on December, that pretty much everyone has debunked at this juncture. Devils advocate would say December isn't a terrible time to release a game, what I was saying is business-wise that close to xmas would be fine, but unlikely.

Logically, it's November. Everyone pretty much is agreed on this. Me? I could care less because cake and cricket happens when it happens and anyone wanting to create drama out of a missing date on a promotion video for a play session is a liiiiiiittle hard to be taken seriously with whatever other "theories" they're promoting. That isn't a dig solely at you, but there's some odd stuff being typed out by folks lately and you're going to feel really silly in a couple of weeks, methinks.

People will buy for lots of reasons. Some will make informed choices based on reviews, or word of mouth, or the 10 people who can actually attend the play session might buy it based on playing; some will buy for the bradman name, some will buy for the ashes license. Some will buy for the features on the box. Lots will probably buy the game that is available when they're thinking about cricket, maybe in the week before the first test.

Other than nobody will buy for the licensed kit items, it's probably very difficult to know which of these factors - or the ones I have missed - will influence the majority. That presumably is why this is such a complex release.

I am convinced an early Nov release was best for DBC. Before Ac13 can release, when people are thinking about cricket. I think dec is when they will release because they want to know if AC13 will release. If it doesn't they might squeeze for late Nov. if ashes does release, well I think all bets are off, it would be 50-50 for a 2013 release. (Citation being Ross' statements of avoiding a market killing 20 dollar game, preferring only mover advantage, and the release being most advantageous. One thing we can all agree on, a couple of weeks after a competitor, missing the peak of the start if a tournament between the teams of their 2 biggest markets, with next gen on the shelves, isn't the most advantageous.)

Bottom line, it's hard to know which of the contradictions we've been fed to take at face value, but my hunch is if AC13 doesn't release, you'll see this 28/11 or 5/12
If AC13 doesn't release, I wouldn't bank on this being in your Christmas stocking.

-----------------------

for those like snowy who have the reading comprehension of a bowl of pot-pourri at the bottom of a dusty wardrobe, please be aware that the sentence "If AC13 doesn't release, I wouldn't bank on this being in your Christmas stocking." should of course be "If AC13 does release, etc." I won't edit the above because I don't want his post below to look more ridiculous than it already does.

for those like biggs, who are unable to appreciate hyperbolic understatement as a rhetorical device, please be aware that I am not expecting literally 10 people to turn up. I am just assuming it will be a statistically insignificant amount in relation to the final sales.

for those people who don't have a brain injury, sub-normal IQ, or major personality disorder, I apologise that I had to insult your intelligence by writing the above two paragraphs.

Last edited:
You lost me at "10 people at the play session"

Something tells me they're going to average more than two people an hour into the store just wanting to take a dump after some dodgy maccas from down the road, let alone play the game... It's centre of the city, man.

It's easy to avoid when it's missing approvals and release dates. Ross is stirring, flare for the dramatic, call it what you like but other than spoiling the market with a cheap game (which long term does just as much damage to their brand as any others) I seriously doubt the Ashes product is causing any sleepless nights for anyone that isn't on the Trickstar payroll.

Listen, you're being such a drama queen about the smallest of things lately. I'm "huh whatting" about 74.3 percent of what you say, so just assume it was something else other than your strange conspiracy theory on December, that pretty much everyone has debunked at this juncture. Devils advocate would say December isn't a terrible time to release a game, what I was saying is business-wise that close to xmas would be fine, but unlikely.

Logically, it's November. Everyone pretty much is agreed on this. Me? I could care less because cake and cricket happens when it happens and anyone wanting to create drama out of a missing date on a promotion video for a play session is a liiiiiiittle hard to be taken seriously with whatever other "theories" they're promoting. That isn't a dig solely at you, but there's some odd stuff being typed out by folks lately and you're going to feel really silly in a couple of weeks, methinks.

This week, literally this week, Ross changed the "before ashes" timeframe to "each day passing", increasing the "likelihood" of releasing before ashes. He's talked of them killing the market for everyone. He's cited them as resin for the complexity of release. This isn't conspiracy theory, it's literally what he said.

The only person making anything up is you, because there is literally no evidence that big ant don't care about ashes. Ross' statements are the exact opposite.

Now the game might release earlier in Nov than I assume, but I won't feel silly. We're trying to interpret a lot of contradictory information. I think I've taken the right inference, but maybe I didn't. I haven't called anyone a troll because they didn't agree with me, haven't accused people of making stuff up when doing so myself, can back up every inference. Nothing to feel silly about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread