Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's changed wording because nobody has any idea whats happened/happening with Ashes... It could be on shelves Nov 1 for all we know. It's LITERALLY nothing more than that. It's contradictory because it doesn't fit your conspiracy theories. From a logical perspective, it makes perfect sense and is totally consistent with the "there is no release date, game will be out in 2013" position since this thread began.

LITERALLY the only person in this thread with crazy person theories of the game not making 2013 is you.

There will LITERALLY be more than 10 people at the play session. Chat to you after that event, hey?

Last edited:
If AC13 doesn't release, I wouldn't bank on this being in your Christmas stocking.

So if AC13 doesn't release...you think DBC14 is going to give up Christmas sales and miss the majority of the cricket season.

Okie dokie

I'll throw this out there as pure speculation; I would be genuinely shocked if EB Games wasn't taking pre-orders during the play session. I would also be genuinely shocked if they were giving up store space just out of the kindness of their hearts for a game that was moving goal posts based on another products spurious status. No evidence. Speculation. But business is business and EB Games aren't a charity or likely to "debut" a game they thought they wouldn't have in store sooner than later.

I'll throw this out there as pure speculation; I would be genuinely shocked if EB Games wasn't taking pre-orders during the play session. I would also be genuinely shocked if they were giving up store space just out of the kindness of their hearts for a game that was moving goal posts based on another products spurious status. No evidence. Speculation. But business is business and EB Games aren't a charity or likely to "debut" a game they thought they wouldn't have in store sooner than later.

Totally agree...:thumbs:cheers

I feel that there will be an announcement in the coming week regarding the game and release will be around mid-november...

And I'd be more than incredibly shocked if Big Ant would lock in a play session for the first week of November if they had any plans of releasing in 2014. 2 months is a long time in that context.

These guys get it.

But business is business and EB Games aren't a charity or likely to "debut" a game they thought they wouldn't have in store sooner than later.

Oh I dunno... All of these events are an opportunity to get people in the store who wouldn't have been there otherwise... And if they can't buy the game, maybe they buy another one in the meantime... and THEN come back for DBC.

I'm not saying I agree/disagree overall, but I don't think this particular part of your logic is right.

Yeah play session is already happening so obviously all announcements are in the works.

Missing out on a November release is probably a positive if anything, considering the Ashes do not start until mid to late November. An Early-mid December release could be even more productive for the franchise's future. Especially if the 1st and 2nd test are close and make for gripping viewing.(Cannot speak for others but for me watching good cricket on TV will get me even more keen to play the game)

I do not understand all the people that were absurdly crying out for an October release. It made absolutely no sense at all and it annoyed me enough to get me off this forum for a month because some of the release date theories started to get beyond idiotic.

As fas as i am concerned the moment the 5th test rapped up at the Oval and the release still was not announced, i did not expect anything earlier than a late November release(logical).

So if AC13 doesn't release...you think DBC14 is going to give up Christmas sales and miss the majority of the cricket season.

Okie dokie

Should have been does, my bad. The context of the whole post makes it clear I meant does and doesn't is a typo. But a selective quotation is much cleverer than I dunno, basic reading comprehension. Well done.

@biggs because yeah, the 10 was so obviously literal. Yawn.

Last edited:
You would almost, just almost think something important was going on here. Time to avoid this thread again until I see the thread title change.

Yeah play session is already happening so obviously all announcements are in the works.

Missing out on a November release is probably a positive if anything, considering the Ashes do not start until mid to late November. An Early-mid December release could be even more productive for the franchise's future. Especially if the 1st and 2nd test are close and make for gripping viewing.(Cannot speak for others but for me watching good cricket on TV will get me even more keen to play the game)

I do not understand all the people that were absurdly crying out for an October release. It made absolutely no sense at all and it annoyed me enough to get me off this forum for a month because some of the release date theories started to get beyond idiotic.

As fas as i am concerned the moment the 5th test rapped up at the Oval and the release still was not announced, i did not expect anything earlier than a late November release(logical).

Ross stated, clearly, optimum time is pre-event. Obviously that was bull as RLL World Cup is releasing a month after the event starts, but that's part of the continuing contradictions that have annoyed me. You're right October, except maybe last week, never made sense. Early/mid Nov does, still does. They can still do that I guess, though I don't expect them to. My whole point about my own goodwill/enthusiasm being exhausted is because my personal view is the spirit of most info was leading to the mid-nov release. Now that's up in the air because they're playing chess against a game that I seriously doubt will even release and I am bored of it. I have tried to voice what I feel, and the posts that have led me to the conclusions, and tried to remain courteous when insulted.

Only one person on the forum knows anything and he ain't telling. Fine, his money is on the line after all and he will do what he can to protect his investment. All power to him - lot harder to do than think. For my part, as I say, I am just personally out of patience with the contradictions.

I'm not saying I agree/disagree overall, but I don't think this particular part of your logic is right.

You're suggesting I DON'T GET IT? BLASPHEMY!

It's all pure speculation, I wouldn't dare suggest I know anything more than anyone else, or know how this sh#t works. But nobody in their right mind would hold a play session for a game that wasn't going to be available at a reasonable time after said play session. Or a play session for game that was waiting for some arbitrary date that wasn't in their control, (he lol'd)

...but anyway, only ten people are showing up so maybe one of them can get Charlie's golden ticket into Ross' magic factory and find out.

Suggestion blocker. If the supposed contradictions annoy you that much, then don't support the game/developer's actions by buying it.

Last edited:
I'm still confused about what these contradictions are, given we've been told the game will release in 2013 on page one, in his own words. Anyone suggesting otherwise must know something Ross doesn't.

Ross stated, clearly, optimum time is pre-event. Obviously that was bull as RLL World Cup is releasing a month after the event starts, but that's part of the continuing contradictions that have annoyed me.
A previous answer from Ross about their release timing might go some way to explaining their ability to go pre-event. Second line mostly.

I suppose the ideal would be to release before the event and then patch the finalised teams and squads into the game, but I imagine that's hard to justify cost-wise on small scale sports. AC13 releasing supposedly before the event leaves the late changes to squads issue open, especially without a good player editor. There's pitfalls either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread