Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...that and it's being made by a different team of folks from the DBC14 crew, so... Apples and Oranges. Existing game engine, mass of licensed stuff, approvals and all sorts different things at play there with the RL stuff?

I'm still confused about what these contradictions are, given we've been told the game will release in 2013 on page one, in his own words. Anyone suggesting otherwise must know something Ross doesn't.

You obviously didn't read what blocker was saying in his posts

...but anyway, only ten people are showing up so maybe one of them can get Charlie's golden ticket into Ross' magic factory and find out.

Well apparently Captain Oz won the golden ticket, but I'm a little concerned we've seen nothing of him since! I'm hoping he's not stuck in a pipe, turned into a blueberry or miniaturized... (I think the other one was something to do with squirrels, but my memory fades).

Meanwhile, after recent dissent, Blocker receives a very different welcome to the studio: You Get Nothing! - YouTube

Sk8r: Show me where Ross said:

- Game will release in October or November

Or said...

- Game will now release next year

He's said neither, therefore... Storm in a teacup. It's people making assumptions based on threadbare statements with a dash of overreaction.

Game will be out in 2013. PLAYING THE THING in store in about 3 weeks, what contradicts any of that?

Willy Wonka references become more apt by the minute. Augustus Gloop as played by Blocker, LITERALLY falling in a big old brown river of his own making... "BUT I WANT A GOLDEN GOOSE NOW, MUMMY!"... Gee, who could that be?

Last edited:
Ross stated, clearly, optimum time is pre-event. Obviously that was bull as RLL World Cup is releasing a month after the event starts, but that's part of the continuing contradictions that have annoyed me. You're right October, except maybe last week, never made sense. Early/mid Nov does, still does. They can still do that I guess, though I don't expect them to. My whole point about my own goodwill/enthusiasm being exhausted is because my personal view is the spirit of most info was leading to the mid-nov release. Now that's up in the air because they're playing chess against a game that I seriously doubt will even release and I am bored of it. I have tried to voice what I feel, and the posts that have led me to the conclusions, and tried to remain courteous when insulted.

Only one person on the forum knows anything and he ain't telling. Fine, his money is on the line after all and he will do what he can to protect his investment. All power to him - lot harder to do than think. For my part, as I say, I am just personally out of patience with the contradictions.

Haha do not get me started on RLL2, this is going to be the 3rd release of the same exact game.I'll leave my final verdict on BA after the release of DBC14. All though i am not too happy with all the RLL releases it is still impressive to see developers here every day getting into so much depth with fans over a sporting simulation title when they have no obligation to do so.

Yes some of those points you make are certainly true, when i jumped on here in June it was looking like(MY OPINION,NOT FACT) an October release. I think that is something they should have ruled out a long time ago regardless of what was going on with Ashes13.

If you live in Australia and are aware of the AFL,NRL and Rugby season you would understand why an October release for a cricket game is just unrealistic.

I do not understand why the whole xx/10/13 release date thing was not nipped in the bud nice and early. I can understand to a very slight extent why Sub-continent fans of the game feel a little annoyed about the game still not having a release date.

On the other hand though Ross and the BA crew have been very up front about all the issues surrounding play sessions and release dates on this forum.

Last edited:
Facts are, Blocker OD'd on the player creator and when he realised there were a few bugs and he'd wasted his time he got all uppity. It's all there in one of the threads, go find it. I saw it happening in slow motion. He thought he would have the game in his hands and went all gluttony with the thing. Too much, too soon. Augustus Glooped it. All this nonsense stems from that...

5th Dec release, announced 14 Nov.

If I'm not playing DBC14 before Dec 1st I'll eat my cake-hat.

they want to avoid a ('non-existent') $20 game that 'will' release mid nov.

Haha. Whut?
Seriously. Have you been drinking tonight? Where are you getting this stuff, Balkeet?

----- jump to ashes thread -----

The long silence, in defiance of their promise to keep everyone better informed, suggests that submission may not have gone smoothly.
No-one has a clue...

I'm going to go out on a limb* and suggest Barmy has probably nailed it.
*Not really that far out, to be honest.

my money is still on this not releasing.

The price keeps dropping, it's releasing.

----- back to DBC thread -----

So we need to be in the height of the Cricket season and not near their $20 game... if you can please let me know when they are going to drop that thing on us then I'll tell you when we are releasing.

Anyone thinking that at THIS STAGE BigAnt and TruBlu are worried about what Ashes is doing, are insane in the membrane.

People have a way of ignoring history and just making stuff up

oh dear... who makes stuff up???

Honestly, it's probably a better BUSINESS decision in December anyway.

you know, when you take up every possible position, one of them has to be the right one, but your credibility is still shot to pieces.

a contortionist can't take up as many positions as you. but at least they spare us the self-righteousness.

------------
yeah, I consider a lot of the time I spent in CA wasted. I've not hidden that. it is one of the reasons my goodwill is spent, yeah. because we've got a supposedly finished game, that is ready to release at the drop of a hat, but one of its essential components doesn't work. too much stuff doesn't add up for me, and I mentioned it. for me personally, the goodwill and enthusiasm I had is spent. I acknowledged that those who retain that are bigger men than me. I pointed out what led me to my current position. i'm happy to be engaged in a factual discussion, to be shown where my interpretation of posts is wrong, overthought, missing nuance whatever. but contradicting yourself, making stuff up that is 100% contrary to Ross' posts to let you blow some smoke up his arse and just insulting people, well that's one way of doing I suppose. prefer my way, personally.

----------

Suggestion blocker. If the supposed contradictions annoy you that much, then don't support the game/developer's actions by buying it.

I've stated above that I will buy it, that I have nowhere else to go. I thought the edit in my previous post was just a joke, but you actually do have the reading comprehension skills of a bowl of pot pourri at the back of a dusty wardrobe. your carer has my sympathy.

Last edited:
IMO blockerdave has made valid points. If you don't agree with them, either debate the points or ignore BD's posts but to brand BD a troll serves no purpose. One would assume the purpose of this forum is for like minded folks with differing opinions to come together and talk about what we love, i.e., cricket video games.

Last edited:
Sk8r: Show me where Ross said:

- Game will release in October or November

Or said...

- Game will now release next year

He's said neither, therefore... Storm in a teacup. It's people making assumptions based on threadbare statements with a dash of overreaction.

Game will be out in 2013. PLAYING THE THING in store in about 3 weeks, what contradicts any of that?

Willy Wonka references become more apt by the minute. Augustus Gloop as played by Blocker, LITERALLY falling in a big old brown river of his own making... "BUT I WANT A GOLDEN GOOSE NOW, MUMMY!"... Gee, who could that be?

What I meant when I said you obviously didn't read his posts is that aside from the release date blocker was mentioning other points and statements ross had made and then backtracked on to a degree

IMO blockerdave has made valid points. If you don't agree with them, either debate the points or ignore BD's posts but to brand BD a troll serves no purpose. One would assume the purpose of this forum is for like minded folks with differing opinions to come together and talk about what we love, i.e., cricket video games.

Fully agree with you and thats how it should be, blocker has bought up good topic of discussion but as always anyone who has a "free thinker" opinion is made to be mad/crazy/troll :(

I would agree but the fact is that is not what is happening. A few people are trying to validate their opinion and the whole discussion has nowt to do with cricket games but whether they are right or wrong. And to be perfectly honest, I find it very, very boring. But that's me.

I would agree but the fact is that is not what is happening. A few people are trying to validate their opinion and the whole discussion has nowt to do with cricket games but whether they are right or wrong. And to be perfectly honest, I find it very, very boring. But that's me.

I find it pretty boring, people ignoring what you post, or taking typos out of context or obvious exaggeration literally and indulging in ad hominem attacks rather than engaging in the substance of what people are actually saying. but what the hey.

equally I find it boring being told we have a finished game, just waiting to decide release when a huge part of it obviously isn't working; being told that the biggest cricket event in the two biggest markets this year isn't that relevant to releasing a cricket game in that market; releasing pre-event is optimum though the one game they are releasing is a month after its event starts; that we're to expect less than a month between announcement and release then that game is announced over a month before release; that it'll release before ashes 13 to a likelihood of releasing before. all that and more...(the more being the army of sycophants telling me how unconcerned Ross is about Ashes when he has stated the EXACT opposite). but that's just me, and i'm a troll/conspiracy theorist/children's literary character / epithet of choice. unless the contortionist has twisted again and i'm suddenly cool again? dunno - what is in this season?

----------

most of the above I can put down to competitive circumstance. but the line of how if ashes had released in June Bradman would be out by now is palpably untrue. CA doesn't work properly. It could not have released by now.

Ross, we need something new to talk about, help us.
This forum is literally painful to read at the moment.

I didn't see any DBC14 stuff. It was just a good old chat with Ross and Mikey for a couple of hours. Good stuff.

I find it pretty boring, people ignoring what you post, or taking typos out of context or obvious exaggeration literally and indulging in ad hominem attacks rather than engaging in the substance of what people are actually saying. but what the hey.

equally I find it boring being told we have a finished game, just waiting to decide release when a huge part of it obviously isn't working; being told that the biggest cricket event in the two biggest markets this year isn't that relevant to releasing a cricket game in that market; releasing pre-event is optimum though the one game they are releasing is a month after its event starts; that we're to expect less than a month between announcement and release then that game is announced over a month before release; that it'll release before ashes 13 to a likelihood of releasing before. all that and more...(the more being the army of sycophants telling me how unconcerned Ross is about Ashes when he has stated the EXACT opposite). but that's just me, and i'm a troll/conspiracy theorist/children's literary character / epithet of choice. unless the contortionist has twisted again and i'm suddenly cool again? dunno - what is in this season?

----------

most of the above I can put down to competitive circumstance. but the line of how if ashes had released in June Bradman would be out by now is palpably untrue. CA doesn't work properly. It could not have released by now.

didn't follow for a week or so.. May I know which feature of CA isn't working properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread