Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
*P.S it's spelled italicizing but i'll do it all in small so we can pretend it's not really here

we're not going to have to go into Anglicised v Americanized (or Kiwi-ized) spellings now, are we?

in English spelling, italicise is the verb, italicised is the past tense, italicised is the past participle, italicising is the present participle

in American spelling, italicize is the verb, italicized is the past tense, italicized is the past participle, italicizing is the present participle*

*source: being literate.

Matt beat you to it. His was better, less bitter. Learn.

EDIT:

Though as I've said previously, the less notice that Big Ant give of the release date, the less room for Ashes to run a spoiler campaign.

I think you're giving the 505/Trickstar team a little TOO much credit. I honestly don't see them having their ---- together to actually run a spoiler campaign on short-notice. Can you see them genuinely doing that?

Last edited:
Good thing I reside in your backyard at the moment... I hear Canberra has great weather...

Matt didn't take the time to spell it out for you.

---

On a separate note, Ross seems to be expecting them do a release announcement as a spoiler for the play session, at least. Don't know if they will or not.

But if they do, and it has the intended effect, that will bring attendance down to what, six?

God bless you, Blocker. God bless your little cotton socks. Never wrong, aintcha? Never. I just want to hug you and tell you it's okay.

I'm sure, no matter what the general foot traffic down one of the busiest streets in Melbourne will have PLENTY of people walking past to check out the game.

I think you're giving the 505/Trickstar team a little TOO much credit. I honestly don't see them having their ---- together to actually run a spoiler campaign on short-notice. Can you see them genuinely doing that?
They don't need to do it well, they just need to jump up and down and detract from the attention, put that seed of doubt that perhaps the 'Ashes' game will be better to buy around the time of a certain cricket series.

I hear Canberra has great weather...
I found Canberra to be great - especially the fact you can sit on top of Parliament House. That said, I got to leave after going there, which is the problem with the place for some people.

They don't need to do it well, they just need to jump up and down and detract from the attention, put that seed of doubt that perhaps the 'Ashes' game will be better to buy around the time of a certain cricket series...

I honestly can't seem them doing that though, I mean, all due respect to Mr Fegan and team but they have NOT had their ---- together since, oh well, I call it "AC" (After Chief). When he left the project, it plummeted downhill in an "audience participation" side of things and information about anything dried up like a nuns funbox and then the whole missed-date for the Ashes in the UK was blasted through like the Dukes of Hazard so all things being equal, I don't honestly see them having anything of substance to "spoil" the BigAnt party with since Ross and the team are miles ahead of the competition in the goodwill stakes, let alone having a completed game ready to go.

Sure, we may get a couple of screens on the 7th during the play session, but that would be completely at odds with the DEFCON SILENCE we've had for months now.

EDIT:

As I've always said; I believe Ross' "concern" about the Ashes project is more related to price based reasons than release-date shenanigans. Ie: The game gets released BEFORE theirs at a price-spoilage rather than "released before us" being the sole reason.

Last edited:
I honestly can't seem them doing that though, I mean, all due respect to Mr Fegan and team but they have NOT had their ---- together since, oh well, I call it "AC" (After Chief). When he left the project, it plummeted downhill in an "audience participation" side of things and information about anything dried up like a nuns funbox and then the whole missed-date for the Ashes in the UK was blasted through like the Dukes of Hazard so all things being equal, I don't honestly see them having anything of substance to "spoil" the BigAnt party with since Ross and the team are miles ahead of the competition in the goodwill stakes, let alone having a completed game ready to go.

Sure, we may get a couple of screens on the 7th during the play session, but that would be completely at odds with the DEFCON SILENCE we've had for months now.

i have to say I agree... i don't think they'd make any announcement without anything to see, or actually being able to make any date they announced. missing 2 announced dates is bad enough, missing a third would be inconceivable... and i don't think they want too much scrutiny before they release, and certainly don't want a couple of crap screenies being directly compared to real gameplay footage from a play session attended by (x>10) people.

but ross thinks they will, so the spoiler is already working, because otherwise we might have had more info/details from DBC (in terms of release/commentary - i know they've given us lots of "assets").

I don't think it's a spoiler working, I think some things are genuinely not ready yet in terms of the commentary having additional recording sessions (as Ross let us know about weeks ago) and the more complicated areas of the DBC Academy needing some ironing out in Beta... I don't think it's Ashes having any effect on the release, I think it's all down to timing + game stability = release.

You don't release a game when there aint any cricket on in the country you're focusing that release inside of. I (months ago) said end of October beginning of November... now I'm sitting in Australia reading the papers and nobody gives a ---- about the recent Aus/India series. Therefore, October/November is a stupid time to release a cricket game. Nobody cares here. Best money is now on end of November. It's really nothing to do with a spoiler working, as much as Trickstar/505 would LOVE to think they're having an effect on their competition, they're really (and most likely) not...

...other than their game being cheaper than Naveen's Movie + McDonalds calculation months ago which is looking more and more prophetic as time clicks on.

If Big Ant was to announce the release date a month before it comes out, and Ashes wanted to crash the party, effectively they would need to be ready to release at any stage and would need to quickly announce a date and get all the approvals etc.

I can't see that happening.

Exactly. I mean, do they have discs printed for their game? Ross said Box Art has been done, but the guide-book was still in draft stage... Does BigAnt have that stuff ready? Is that part of the hold up? Who knows...

There's more to consider than just "spoiler campaign" mentality.

I mean, do they have discs printed for their game?
The recent CA update plugged the retail discs into the CA and I suggest that the play sessions wouldn't be on modified/dev hardware - so yes, or yes within the next week.

i think there's enough in some of Ross' statements to consider AC13 is having some effect, but equally there are bound to be other process issues that are contributing. I think CA has been more troublesome than originally anticipated, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread