Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recent CA update plugged the retail discs into the CA and I suggest that the play sessions wouldn't be on modified/dev hardware - so yes, or yes within the next week.

Yeah, exactly. Cool. So we can assume BigAnt are closer to "Go" with that stuff than 505/Trickstar are... then there's distribution channels, getting all this stuff to suppliers which clearly BigAnt having TruBlu onboard are much closer to than 505 would be in Australia, but perhaps have a better angle in the UK market. SO... there might be a scenario whereby DBC14 hits the street in Australia and owns the town, while Ashes hits London and they split the spoils? Likely?

Then it comes down to who gets their game on the PS/XBOX/STEAM networks quickly and/or is that Region blocked(ave)?... there's so many things at play than just two companies playing calendar-chess here.

Whatever the release date, it's going to be fun to be a spectator over the next few weeks. Either that or Ashes sh#ts the bed again and we get DBC14 fever until whenever....

Biggs I agree with what you say bout DB doin better in Aus and ashes maybe sharing the spoils here in UK, I only came to know about DB through this forum( I was trying to find out about ashes). The problem is, IMO AC13 has been well advertised here( the cricketer) and other game mags have shown ads etc, whereas DB is still relatively unknown outside this forum, casual cricket fans who MIGHT buy a cricket game while ashes are on could well go for the ?20 AC, mainly because they're unaware of the debacle AC has become and its worth a bash while series is on! I genuinely hope the play sessions are a massive success, AND it gets some sort of press in The Cricketer etc, to raise awareness of DB14 here, AC may not of shown us anything of late, but DB hadn't advertised here and most people are unaware of this little gem over here.

Biggs I agree with what you say bout DB doin better in Aus and ashes maybe sharing the spoils here in UK, I only came to know about DB through this forum( I was trying to find out about ashes). The problem is, IMO AC13 has been well advertised here( the cricketer) and other game mags have shown ads etc, whereas DB is still relatively unknown outside this forum, casual cricket fans who MIGHT buy a cricket game while ashes are on could well go for the ?20 AC, mainly because they're unaware of the debacle AC has become and its worth a bash while series is on! I genuinely hope the play sessions are a massive success, AND it gets some sort of press in The Cricketer etc, to raise awareness of DB14 here, AC may not of shown us anything of late, but DB hadn't advertised here and most people are unaware of this little gem over here.

i think if DBC is out first, they will do very well against ashes in England. even if you've only heard of Ashes 13, if you go into the store and see bradman as well, i think you're at least picking the box up based on the bradman name (maybe not as big as an effect in UK, especially amongst youngsters, but it's still powerful enough), and the fact that you've got "14" against "13" (newer perception)... so it comes down to oomph on the box, and the bradman feature list is mightily impressive - especially with career mode.

of course if they're just typing "ashes 13 game" into amazon, it might not work so well, but even then you'll get the "people who viewed this also viewed"/"people who viewed this bought" features helping bradman.

plus, they obviously haven't done any promotion yet but i am sure they will do a fair bit of promotion in the UK in the lead up.

if they let ashes get out first, well it's no secret that i think ashes would stink up the market and make a huge dent in their sales... who's gonna buy another cricket game a week or two after getting their fingers burnt by a previous one?

I think that's the worry block (AC13coming out 1st and people buying it) if its does come out at all, that people will be out off buying another cricket game, if people pick up the DB box they'll see all the graphics and features and you'd hope they'll make the best choice, but with the financial side of it as well, most people will wanna play cricket more with ashes series goin on, there's no other cricket around til April here, and if they can buy an ashes game for half the price or even 75%, DB will do well to get half the market here. Hopefully AC doesn't make it and DB cleans up, but I'm now starting to see why it makes sense to have held off announcement/release of DB. Hope DB's out and selling by the shipload before AC gets any money from the rest of us poms.

----------

I can't believe I agreed with Biggs!!!! Feel all unholy now, last week it was Dutch!!! I blame my new meds, amitriptiline makes you weak!!!!

I can't believe I agreed with Biggs!!!! Feel all unholy now, last week it was Dutch!!! I blame my new meds, amitriptiline makes you weak!!!!

I was on amitriptilene a couple of years ago. Man I hated that - half a pill and I'd wake up in the morning feeling like the worst hangover ever. Delighted when the doc put me on gabapentin instead!!!

50mgs and still can't sleep!! I don't get the "hangover" effect luckily though but was on zopiclone before this so that's maybe why, drivings not a good idea though!!!

Anyway at least I get to read this forum through the night, its good practice for staying up for the upcoming series against the colonials!!!

Any news on whether Ross/team are planning any new vids/screenshots etc before play session?

I agree but Ross has been confident about the promotional activities they have planned for the game since the start and I think with the confidence we have about the game and Ross and the team we must support the decisions taken by them [Both publisher and creators].....:thumbs:cheers

I agree but Ross has been confident about the promotional activities they have planned for the game since the start and I think with the confidence we have about the game and Ross and the team we must support the decisions taken by them [Both publisher and creators].....:thumbs:cheers

Completely 100% behind this game, whenever it comes out, I was a bit frustrated it hadn't come out yet, but the reasons are valid and I can now understand it. At least when there's a bug or whatever DB notice it and fix it, we get regular feedback and in some cases even discover the bugs and help overcome them, this is the kind of thing we expected from the other lot, but didn't get!!

Don Bradman cricket 14, its got all that and more, and it isn't AC13!!!!! Gee, that should shift a few copies!!

Plenty of sheckles for bigant, and 'alf a dinari for fagans life story!!

And the main advantage of this game is that we will have a follow through after the game releases....We have a place to ask stuffs and discuss about the bugs found in the game and get a patch for them as well which is main in regards to a game....Ross and Mikeymerren have always been there for us to clear our doubts and update for the bugs found in the CA and am sure for the game as well....:cheers

And once this playsession gets over we will have loads of gameplay videos and loads of stuffs to discuss with...Waiting for that....:yes

Yes, but Ross has been confident about everything. He's just generally a confident fella.

I don't think it's a spoiler working, I think some things are genuinely not ready yet in terms of the commentary having additional recording sessions (as Ross let us know about weeks ago) and the more complicated areas of the DBC Academy needing some ironing out in Beta... I don't think it's Ashes having any effect on the release, I think it's all down to timing + game stability = release.

You don't release a game when there aint any cricket on in the country you're focusing that release inside of. I (months ago) said end of October beginning of November... now I'm sitting in Australia reading the papers and nobody gives a ---- about the recent Aus/India series. Therefore, October/November is a stupid time to release a cricket game. Nobody cares here. Best money is now on end of November. It's really nothing to do with a spoiler working, as much as Trickstar/505 would LOVE to think they're having an effect on their competition, they're really (and most likely) not...

...other than their game being cheaper than Naveen's Movie + McDonalds calculation months ago which is looking more and more prophetic as time clicks on.

Where was this posted??

Weeks/Months... Time blends into one linear moment of daylight these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread