Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game showed at the playsession was better than any cricket game released before it, and far, far superior to the Ashes 2013 build I *saw* with my own eyes around the time of their intended release in June. These two things are irrefutable fact.

As said here before, we have not given any retailer the exact date, it is all speculation. That said, there are enough dates being sprayed around that someone here will be right and claim it but they will be right for all the wrong reasons.

Anyway, flogging a dead horse, I want it in your hands asap but I also need to make sure there is a good base for the franchise and that it long continues in the future. I am sure no one here wants Don Bradman Cricket 14 to be the first and last release. I cannot be blind to a $20 game in the market, some of you here are being ridiculous and almost insisting that we commit suicide.

Running scared of an inferior product is more suicidal if you ask me. This game needs to release before Christmas and during the ashes, that is when this game will sell weather there's competition or not and that window is getting smaller. You've shown you have the best product with great videos,screen shots,play session and a thriving forum so there is nothing more you can do really.. It almost feels like your asking us to 'hang in there'!

If I hadn't shown a product then you might be able to level the "hang in there" comment. I've shown a lot more than a Vine clip and buggy screenshots.

[/COLOR]

Cheers, southern Turkey. Should be low 20s C.[/QUOTE]

Put shin pads down the back of your trousers bud, they have a thing for stabbing you in the ass!!! I got the scars to prove it!!

I think if both were on the shelves at the same time, DBC would stand up well in sales terms. The name and box are getting people to at least look... The features sell the rest. If they get the back of the box as good as they've got the front...

Few people are as cricket tragic as us, perhaps, but I'd still bet few people interested enough in cricket to go and buy a cricket game haven't heard of Bradman. They go in the shop, see the great box, see the features... I reckon it's doing pretty well.

(If it was out before Ashes and established, I reckon it's doing even better...)

The import shops are saying $20 locally, they will impact the EB's and JB's of this world.

I wish you were a retail buyer, life would be a lot easier, I'd just sell all our inventory to you at full price regardless of the competition, job done :)

----------

*If* the console version makes it out then it will not hold that price because of the PC versions pricing.

Can you just confirm whether release still stand as 2013?

Well I think you could have had 4 weeks with an early November release and still 2 had you been releasing this week. Those are pretty pessimistic estimates to my mind but with my marketing hat on I would have three considerations:
1. Once the Ashes starts there are going to be people who want to play along, recreate it etc.
2. The "date" for Ashes Cricket is late November. Knowing what we know about their delivery issues I think it would be safe to assume slippage of one or two weeks working on the assumption that the game was actually going to deliver.
3. When can I give my game the most clear water?

It just seems to me that the longer you wait the more you increase your chances of what you are seeking to avoid. As I understand it the original strategy was to wait until people had played AC13 as per the June release and were picking holes in it and saying what they really wanted from a cricket and then to say "well, now you mention it" around early October time (possibly for a late October/early November release).
Obviously that changed due to events beyond your control but I think you've been over-fearful of the Ashes brand and effect on the market of a lower-cost, series-tie-in, branded alternative.
Clearly as the newcomer to the market you have all the disadvantages when it comes to exposure but I would have felt that having the game out by now might have overcome that.

Anyway ultimately you have a track record on bringing games to market and I'm certain there are factors that I'm unaware of and have been unable to account for. As a fan I'd love to be playing a new cricket game now but from a business point of view I can also see the pressures you're under now you have investors on-board and it's not just your money.
If PC was representative of the wider market you'd have no problems but I doubt we're even 0.001%.

Hindsight is 20-20 :)

There are many factors that people are unaware of that dictate the release.

Not sure about 0.001% but it would be less than 1% of sales volume from Planet Cricket which is why it doesn't hurt the other guys to do the disappearing act, it's disrespectful and pisses people here off but it won't effect sales much especially when most here will buy the two games regardless.

I think if both were on the shelves at the same time, DBC would stand up well in sales terms. The name and box are getting people to at least look... The features sell the rest. If they get the back of the box as good as they've got the front...

Few people are as cricket tragic as us, perhaps, but I'd still bet few people interested enough in cricket to go and buy a cricket game haven't heard of Bradman. They go in the shop, see the great box, see the features... I reckon it's doing pretty well.

(If it was out before Ashes and established, I reckon it's doing even better...)

Yeah fair enough but around Xmas, parents buying stuff for the kids, see a game with"ashes" on it, would have been hearing about the series in Oz, see its cheaper and buy that!! If AC had released in June, we'd all be playing DB now knowing a sequel was on its way, Fegan was workin as a janitor in big ants offices and that's that, but the problem is that didn't happen,

I'm a builder,I do mainly brickwork/groundwork but occasionally I do a bit of carpentry, now if I go into a builders merchants to buy wood chisels, ill buy generic cheaper ones, a carpenter would pay more and buy Marples cos they're the best! I kno its not a good example if the point I try to make but, I'm a brickie!!!

Big Ant's DBC14 "release strategy" seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy. They were so scared about going against AC13 all the way through, they have boxed themselves in a no-win corner. If AC13 comes out, which most probably should in some form, DBC14 don't have any window left this year. The other option to go next year is equally poor as most people will be wary of purchasing a previous gen game and that too right after the holiday season is done and dusted.

Looks like the scenario in the following post may well turn out to be the reality...
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2625476-post2762.html

Last edited:
If I hadn't shown a product then you might be able to level the "hang in there" comment. I've shown a lot more than a Vine clip and buggy screenshots.

Indeed you have and we applaud you for a fantastic job.. the hang in there comment was just a joke. To be honest its all very intriguing.. perhaps your next venture could be a chess game..lol

I think there is more chance of Biggs, Blocker and I agreeing on something than that situation turning out to be the reality

Looks like you haven't been a long time cricket gaming fan... As I said earlier I will believe it when I see it. There are less than 2 weeks to go before Nov ends and if the game is coming out this year we will have the release date announced by then.

Big Ant's DBC14 "release strategy" seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy. They were so scared about going against AC13 all the way through, they have boxed themselves in a no-win corner. If AC13 comes out, which most probably should in some form, DBC14 don't have any window left this year. The other option to go next year is equally poor as most people will be wary of purchasing a previous gen game and that too right after the holiday season is done and dusted.

I don't think they're scared!!! Barmy made a good point about if ashes had released in June, people would have been crying out for all the features etc DB has, and bigant would've been able to say here you go, this is what you wanted and that would've been perfect for big ant. The comparison between the two games isn't an issue quality wise DB wins hands down, fegan isn't using his own money, Ross is. Fair enough with tru blu on board it eases the burden a bit but for big ant, it has to blow AC out of the water, if both release at the same time, especially in the UK its not gonna do that, quality wise it will but financially less so! Maybe for the UK market the game would've done better releasing earlier but as UK isn't their biggest market we can't expect bigant to do that. Other countries not so involved in the upcoming series are more inclined to buy DB14, I don't kno about Australia but I'd imagine it'll outsell AC there too. I as much as snyone( more so with winter coming and work slow) want to play this game ASAP, but I always like to see the little guy do well, so what's best for bigants success long term is more important to me, they obviously care more about their customers than trickster, as a matter if principle I wouldn't buy AC no matter what. We've had. The CA to play about with, countless vids screenshots and interactions with bigant, what have we had from AC??? Bugger all. I don't get why people are so agitated, maybe I'm older and had years of rumours the sex pistols would tour and didn't before finally seein them in 96 but you need to learn some patience and put things into perspective.

PS Ross did you guys make jet pack joyride?? My sons been goin on about it and its blow his mind to show him I talk to the games maker!!!

We made the ps3 and vita JPJ - has he got a vita or ps3?

We made the ps3 and vita JPJ - has he got a vita or ps3?

I think he plays it on his kindle?? He's obsessed with that and mind craft!!! Definitely think he'd make a great games tester when he's older ( he's 9) tunnel vision, completely obsessive!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread