Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ agree 100%

Hi I read on wikipedia that the release date is the 9th of december and knowing that wikipedia isn't the most reliable source I was wondering if I could get confirmation as to whether or not this is true

I'm assuming that the rugby situation has taught you and TruBlu much about how to be successful with such a competitor. Especially, as you said RC2 has come out.

The benefit also of not being tied to a particular event. *cough* Ashes *cough*

Like many on this board, I'm frustrated and just want the game as well. But there is a bigger picture and I'm happy to wait if it means a longer term commitment to the game rather than the ad-hoc nature we've experienced in the past with cricket games.

Still wish AC13 would just bugger off though.

To me the difference is both them rugby games never had a evil game like Ashes 2013 to deal with mate.

Now for the future well there will be only one cricket game soon as 505 games will never go with Trickstar again and if they do well no words for that.

PS I just hope we get some news by Friday and if it's still 2013 for DBC14 as many of us have this feeling it could slip and as the days go bye that is becoming more and more likely.

Now for Ashes 2013 by Friday, I will be shocked if we hear anything but they have to show soon.

The import shops are saying $20 locally, they will impact the EB's and JB's of this world.

I wish you were a retail buyer, life would be a lot easier, I'd just sell all our inventory to you at full price regardless of the competition, job done :)
Why wouldn't they want to maintain retail pricing? The people buying online/importing would mostly be people making a slightly more informed decision than a normal retail sale.

Blind impulse buying seems to be 505's only marketing strategy.

Even if the difference in PC price was $10, price would still be a factor in many purchasing decisions. Advertising, the one thing you can't do when selling a $20 game, would be crucial to communicate the feature differences.

*If* the console version makes it out then it will not hold that price because of the PC versions pricing.
The fact the console editions are an if (and knowing you'd probably hear if they submitted), it means that it matters far less.

The PC edition is already hampered by huge minimum system requirements, if they didn't make it to consoles then it is essentially just Cricket Revolution - totally irrelevant to the majority of the market.

Now for something completely different...and update on the potential Big Ant visit Matt?

Now I atleast hope that ashes 13 will release as soon as possible .. We ll atleast have some cricket game to play with...

some thing is better than nothing :facepalm

Now I atleast hope that ashes 13 will release as soon as possible .. We ll atleast have some cricket game to play with...

some thing is better than nothing :facepalm

You can't polish a turd mate!!

You can see a turd mate, Ashes 2013 is even less as no one has seen the game for months. Maybe it's great now:lol but I don't think so.

Lets face it, if it was good, they'd be posting screenshots etc showing people how good they're game is, if its gonna release they'll be little or no advertising and it'll probably just appear in stores on the discount shelves

One factor regarding the name brand of Ashes vs the name brand of Bradman, using an example of someone (parent, kid, other non-informed purchaser) walking into their local EB Games and seeing some type of Bradman marketing (shelf box, single title stand, wall hanging poster or banner.. I'm sure something along these lines has been arranged), then seeing both games on the shelf side by side.. even with the bigger price tag I'm sure they'd initially pick up the Bradman box, check the back.. look at the features.. then may pick up the Ashes box, but I'm sure, unless cash strapped was a big issue, they'd go with Bradman.

One factor regarding the name brand of Ashes vs the name brand of Bradman, using an example of someone (parent, kid, other non-informed purchaser) walking into their local EB Games and seeing some type of Bradman marketing (shelf box, single title stand, wall hanging poster or banner.. I'm sure something along these lines has been arranged), then seeing both games on the shelf side by side.. even with the bigger price tag I'm sure they'd initially pick up the Bradman box, check the back.. look at the features.. then may pick up the Ashes box, but I'm sure, unless cash strapped was a big issue, they'd go with Bradman.

That's what I think too. It is normal to spend $80+ on a video game in Australia. Surely, someone would see a game with a higher price tag and assume quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread