Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashes for a minimal price during Ashes vs Bradman at full price. Think about it.

I think I'll bow out on this now...

Ultimately Big Ant made a blunder with the game release. Admittedly, I don't know much about the video game industry but i have launched many products in my day and still do.

To be honest Big Ant has missed the plot with this one, and right now the most logical solution would be to release the game on next gen consoles as a current gen release would not make much sense, so the logical thing to do would be to just release the game next year.

For those of you not au fait with the nuances of marketing some things do not change you still have to get the 4 "P's" right (product, price, place and promotion). Now, marketers will tell you getting only one of the P's wrong will result in product failure. Now as a businessman from the outside looking in some things don't quite make much sense but again I will differ to Big Ants' knowledge about the industry.

I marketing first mover advantage is critical with any product, and big names don't always guarantee a better product, one only has to look at NBA Live vs. 2K Sports NBA. I personally believe Big Ant may still have some reservation with their own product, because there are several ways to boost knowledge about your product without spending a lot, I believe the vast majority of the persons who bought Trashes Cricket 13, did so because they haven't played a cricket game in a really long time (hell I got it even after to reviews just to see how bad it was).

Simply what I am saying is DBC looks good, but timing is everything and I believe for the viability of this franchise its best to release on next gen and call it a day.

on this topic. I'm not taking the bat & ball and leaving :)

Ashes for a minimal price during Ashes vs Bradman at full price. Think about it.

I think I'll bow out on this now...

It has been a hard year for BigAnt really...

In a perfect world, the game would be out by now, but due to the other game, it isn't. Really, at the end of the day, that is the most frustrating part. If you take Ashes Cricket 2013 out of the equation, this time period is the best time to release a cricket game in Australia.

By delaying the game to 2014, BigAnt are effectively taking the Ashes out of the equation.

But what time is it right to release? The next release window for a cricket game seems to be this time next year, even though that sounds extreme, it would be especially disastrous wouldn't it?

I have a beta version of the Ashes Cricket 2013 patch!

Its a little weird, the file name is "Uninstall.exe".

Should I click it?

not capable of making a good game.. but capable of spoiling the market with worst strategies.... ONLY AN EXCELLENT Trailer would do the job for DBC14..:yes:yes:yes:yes

R.I.P Ashes13...:wave:wave:wave:wave

TGTKoFe.gif

Ultimately Big Ant made a blunder with the game release. Admittedly, I don't know much about the video game industry but i have launched many products in my day and still do.

To be honest Big Ant has missed the plot with this one, and right now the most logical solution would be to release the game on next gen consoles as a current gen release would not make much sense, so the logical thing to do would be to just release the game next year.

For those of you not au fait with the nuances of marketing some things do not change you still have to get the 4 "P's" right (product, price, place and promotion). Now, marketers will tell you getting only one of the P's wrong will result in product failure. Now as a businessman from the outside looking in some things don't quite make much sense but again I will differ to Big Ants' knowledge about the industry.

I marketing first mover advantage is critical with any product, and big names don't always guarantee a better product, one only has to look at NBA Live vs. 2K Sports NBA. I personally believe Big Ant may still have some reservation with their own product, because there are several ways to boost knowledge about your product without spending a lot, I believe the vast majority of the persons who bought Trashes Cricket 13, did so because they haven't played a cricket game in a really long time (hell I got it even after to reviews just to see how bad it was).

Simply what I am saying is DBC looks good, but timing is everything and I believe for the viability of this franchise its best to release on next gen and call it a day.

So dramatic, "for the viability of this franchise", respectfully, I think we'll be fine.

Ashes are the first mover btw :p

patch? pull the other one. we're expected to believe they took from June till November just to get it this "good". and we think they can knock up a patch in 2 weeks (to meet posited Dec 6 PC release).

Never gonna happen.

You're right. I think they need to go right back to the drawing board. But this is probably their last cricket title anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread