Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure we won't hear anything until we know whether Trashes 13 is coming out on the consoles.

My main concern about a December release would be having to go into the shops in the height of Christmas shopping.

People make stuff up in the total absence of reliable information from official sources.

I wouldn't say that "people make stuff up"; lots of people are assuming certain things with no real knowledge of how games get from developer to retail shelves (me included). That's why I'm leaning towards 2014; they may want to release this year, but I can't see how the short time-frame between announcement and release of no more than a week would allow for a clean release unless you tell retailers to be quiet until announcement; and even then someone will break their silence. If you were to try it; wouldn't you end up with some shops simply not having copies of the game on release date because there was not time to get them there? I wouldn't say that I'm making this up; its based on a few assumptions that may be wrong, but its not like I'm going "The release date's not been announced... that must mean that its coming on December 30th!" which some people are doing...

Ross I've bought every BigAnt sports game for years, and I have always been a vocal advocate for BigAnt. But when stuff like this is left up in the air for so long with so much doubt, people ARE going to assume things, most of the time they are WRONG. You CAN'T just tell us what your plans are, but the most reasonable conclusion one can reach about this whole fiasco is the game isn't getting released in December when we have 3 days left in November and we still don't know.

Whenever the game comes out, I'm to to bloody enjoy it, and everyone will. I UNDERSTAND that in order for the series to grow into something big, it needs to release at the perfect time. None of us know that time, and as such, we WILL speculate on it as it is human nature.

Firstly, that wasn't aimed directly at you, you got in quickly with your post.

Of course I can't tell you our plans are right now, I think anyone can understand the commercial realities of that.

Regarding this:
"Unfortunately missing 2013 is going to grab a LOT of negative attention, whether it is right or wrong, the casual public who thought the game was coming this year are going to be left feeling pretty upset."

- No, the casual public do not know about either game.

Anyone here proclaiming to be an expert from a consumer point of view has got it wrong right out the gate. The consumer does not matter in this transaction - the retail buyers will decide when you get the games - everyone forecasts when those buyers will be ready, willing and able to buy them. End of.

I wouldn't say that "people make stuff up"; lots of people are assuming certain things with no real knowledge of how games get from developer to retail shelves (me included). That's why I'm leaning towards 2014; they may want to release this year, but I can't see how the short time-frame between announcement and release of no more than a week would allow for a clean release unless you tell retailers to be quiet until announcement; and even then someone will break their silence. If you were to try it; wouldn't you end up with some shops simply not having copies of the game on release date because there was not time to get them there? I wouldn't say that I'm making this up; its based on a few assumptions that may be wrong, but its not like I'm going "The release date's not been announced... that must mean that its coming on December 30th!" which some people are doing...

I agree. I'm just responding to Ross's comment. He is the one causing the speculation (informed or otherwise).

Confusing one to be honest. Based on what Ross is actually saying a 2014 release seems more likely now but I guess the business decision has to be based on proximity to Ashes 2013 versus proximately to cricket season.

Everyone is fed up with waiting. Not giving a "release date" may mean that Big Ant can claim they haven't delayed their release but here we are at the end of November and no idea when the game is actually coming.
People make stuff up in the total absence of reliable information from official sources.

No, idiots make shit up.

Reasonable people do not just make shit up.

Sorry, that was an awkwardly worded term, what I'm trying to talk about are the people who know the game exists but not the intricacies of it? The people who liked the facebook page, for example.

Now that I think about it, there isn't many people that are in that category, so my point is moot :)

Some people have cancelled EB pre-orders of our game today based on Ashes "reviews", I rest my case*

*I don't care if you call them idiots or whatever, it is what it is.

Have they not seen the videos etc of DB? Talk about biting their nose off to spite their face! I didn't realise how fickle the market was. I wonder how long trickster will hold off in announcing the games not for console, surely they can't release it in that state, and to believe it was a red herring, when really they have a good game is completely implausible.

Surely then it would be worth getting things moving before the console version of Ashes 2013 poisons the market and makes the whole sport a laughing stock among gamers. I guess that time has now passed unfortunately

Is it? Ross has made clear that if the commercial realities make a 2014 release better he will go with that (as per Snowy's sig).

Someone said that weeks ago, for the wrong reasons, obviously...

Worth also highlighting that he said in the video we'd know stuff by end if Nov but indicated earlier that is not the case... Things are moving, obviously

It's not far away whatever happens. Chill.

If you predicted how bad the Ashes 2013 Game then let it rip, otherwise don't.

----------

Someone said that weeks ago, for the wrong reasons, obviously...

Worth also highlighting that he said in the video we'd know stuff by end if Nov but indicated earlier that is not the case... Things are moving, obviously

So you predicted Ashes was coming, the rest of us had a couple of days warning, and also how bad Ashes was going to be. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread