Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What infuriates me is that in all likelihood we won't have a playable cricket game by the end of the year. IF you told me that in May, I would have laughed at you, but here we are, still pretty much clueless. Not BigAnts fault, cricket games just seem to be cursed.

Unfortunately missing 2013 is going to grab a LOT of negative attention, whether it is right or wrong, the casual public who thought the game was coming this year are going to be left feeling pretty upset.

not so much scored a try, but spooked the opposition into granting a walkover...

Well, they've done what they aimed to do in scaring off the opposition...

because of how bad they are.

e: mods; possible that you could edit that poll to something else? it seems a little silly to be guaranteeing 2013 when it looks like it probably won't hit that date (I'm 50/50; but it needs to be announced on Friday...)

So DBC14 will not release this year ?

Apologies, I have said that a couple of times. It just doesn't seem LIKELY at this point, but stranger things have happened. When everyone is confused and annoyed, I have added to that confusion, sorry mate

why oh why do people just make shit up...

What infuriates me is that in all likelihood we won't have a playable cricket game by the end of the year. IF you told me that in May, I would have laughed at you, but here we are, still pretty much clueless. Not BigAnts fault, cricket games just seem to be cursed.

Unfortunately missing 2013 is going to grab a LOT of negative attention, whether it is right or wrong, the casual public who thought the game was coming this year are going to be left feeling pretty upset.

the point i have been trying to make all morning.

perception is: cricket games are all crap, and they all get delayed or disappear.

in 2013, we've got one that was delayed and showed up as the worst game ever and one that looks like being delayed. that is not going to change either perception, but rather confirm them.

only releasing a good game is going to, as politicians say "shift the narrative"...

Well, they've done what they aimed to do in scaring off the opposition...

because of how bad they are.

e: mods; possible that you could edit that poll to something else? it seems a little silly to be guaranteeing 2013 when it looks like it probably won't hit that date (I'm 50/50; but it needs to be announced on Friday...)

while i think a 2014 release more likely, i think it's possible there would be an extremely short window between announcement and release, like a week or possibly even days, if they go for 2013, just to give no heads up at all to 505

why oh why do people just make shit up...

Ross I've bought every BigAnt sports game for years, and I have always been a vocal advocate for BigAnt. But when stuff like this is left up in the air for so long with so much doubt, people ARE going to assume things, most of the time they are WRONG. You CAN'T just tell us what your plans are, but the most reasonable conclusion one can reach about this whole fiasco is the game isn't getting released in December when we have 3 days left in November and we still don't know.

Whenever the game comes out, I'm to to bloody enjoy it, and everyone will. I UNDERSTAND that in order for the series to grow into something big, it needs to release at the perfect time. None of us know that time, and as such, we WILL speculate on it as it is human nature.

Confusing one to be honest. Based on what Ross is actually saying a 2014 release seems more likely now but I guess the business decision has to be based on proximity to Ashes 2013 versus proximately to cricket season.

Everyone is fed up with waiting. Not giving a "release date" may mean that Big Ant can claim they haven't delayed their release but here we are at the end of November and no idea when the game is actually coming.
People make stuff up in the total absence of reliable information from official sources.

A straight answer whether it will be 2013 or not will stop all the assumptions...:D

Their release strategy involves secrecy so 505 can't spoil the party. Unfortunately that approach affects the consumer, but BigAnt would consider this the best way to go about it I'd imagine

For me any release between Dec 13 and Jan 7 would be the same, as I'll be AFX (away from xbox) during those days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread