Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly misinformed opinions that clearly ignore information provided to us.

This thread is 312 pages long. There are many others hundreds of pages long on this section of the forum.

Do you expect people to go through every single post?

Regardless of whether their opinion is misinformed or not, it reflects poorly on you more than anything else when you take the "oh they're just idiots" approach to it.

Do you expect people to go through every single post?

No, not at all. I remember back in the earlier days I used to just read Ross's posts only and just skip everyone else's.

Nope, do you expect them to continuously make things up and present it as informed fact?

I've been on online forums long enough to expect that, tbh.

Calling them idiots won't stop them from doing any of that though, so I still don't see any reason in doing that.

Anyways, I've derailed this thread enough.

Goodnight.

so its 30th November..last day of November still no announcement....nope i don't think it will come out before 31st dec..its time NOW to edit first page Ross.."The game will be here in 2013" make it 2014 :facepalm

ross
atleast edit the poll option to vote for 2014
:D:D:D:p:p:yes:yes:facepalm:facepalm

Thanks for your invaluable input.

--------------

Name-calling really is the way to go when you don't agree with other people's opinions. Kudos to you for taking the right approach. :thumbs

You hatin' on snowy's style? He'll beat yo' ugly ass!

Sorry, sometimes I can't contain my inner gangsta.

Last edited:
The problem is, as I have stated multiple times before, there still isn't a better time to release then now, unless you maybe delay the game by a year or three. In my opinion, the interest in cricket at the moment at least in Australia is the highest it has been since possibly even the 2006/07 Ashes series. The general public, not just the cricket/sports followers, are interested in what's happening. The atmosphere around cricket is buzzing and I'm no expert but I think a cricket game could be really successful if released prior to Christmas, before interest dies down as the series nears the close.

Agree with that. During an Ashes series is the peak of interest in cricket in Australia and England, presumably the 2 largest markets for the game. Once the series has ended, I'd also assume the fans of the country who lose may not be in a rush to re-live it all through a game.

Looking at the fixtures though, Australia tour South Africa in February and March so that would be a good time for the focus on cricket in those 2 markets while England are also playing in the West Indies at that time so there should be good interest in cricket then. NZ are also playing India in January and February so perhaps February seems good with all the major markets playing and a couple of them at home.

After that though, as I said earlier we come to the Football World Cup which will have the major sports focus from May-July. EA will also presumably be releasing the usual FIFA World Cup edition which will be hard to compete with in the market for sports games. So the optimal times for sales and profit would seem likely to be now which is during an Ashes series, or in February/March when England, Australia, South Africa, NZ and India will all be involved in tours so cricket will be a big focus for fans of those countries. It seems bit tight now to get it out before the current Ashes has finished.

If it can't make it for Feb/March then the next best looks like being Jan/Feb 2015 in the lead up to the World Cup in Australia/NZ.

Maybe I'm wrong and it would still sell well next May/June, but it just seems most logical to me that it will sell best in the main cricket nations while they are playing tests and ODIs and fans are watching a lot of cricket. Once there's no series on and there's other major sporting competitions, people have forgotten about cricket.

Last edited:
And its still like mid-day in Melbourne, so the 30th has not ended

There will be no release date announcement today. It's weekend and no announcements are made on a weekend.

I guess we should allow Ross to do his job, especially after he cared & bothered to say on the update that his team is trying to get the best possible strategy worked out for his company. No matter whether clock ticks to 12 or calendar ticks to 30/31, we would get the news whenever the market zone is safe & appropriate for BA to jump in! Am very sure that Ross isn't going to miss that small window.

To be remembered that, only when the sales figures are going to be on high side beyond the profit margin, we can even expect BA to be motivated for higher goals for DBC v2 overcoming the budget constraints! ;)

Starting to accept that DBC14 wont be released until the new year, shame because I was really looking forward to playing this over Christmas beating the poms up ruthlessly, I guess i'll just keep checking this page each day to see if anything changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread