Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Big Ant grow, resource wise to a point where they don't have to worry about budget constraints in putting a game like this out. But what they have achieved judging by the threads and videos seems good. You can't put a price on a company that has a vision and drive to produce a great game.

I'll take a developer who wants my money AND makes changes and implements features based on community feedback than one who just wants my money.

Ross has been completely up front and honest about the game since day one. If he says the wrong build was brought to the play session by mistake, why would you assume he wasn't telling the truth. People AT the play session have corroborated this statement.

I'm going to believe Matt every time over you, because he was there and you were not.

Why is this even a thing now?

I understand we're all a bit gunshy and burnt but I honestly can't see some of you guys as genuine gaming fans when you're out to burn this game before you've actually played it. Why not take the glass half full approach?

Of course I wasn't there but just because he said it was a mistake means it's a mistake? For the most important showing of the game they just randomly pick up some wrong builds, then on top of that the countless number of other reasons as to why it's not released.

I dunno man just a weird way for a game which is ready and waiting to go to be panning out. Also using Ashes as a smoke screen for a long time and not a better time to pull that one out as ashes is a confirmed flop.

But anyway as you said we shouldn't go back into this whole argument now as the forum has moved on, I want to see BA succeed, I have the patience to wait as I'm not really that bothered to play it but the whole fiasco regarding these two games interests me. :thumbs

The "fiasco" only relates to Ashes. I don't see anything of the sorts with this project, it's gone from strength to strength without ever staring down the barrel of deadline pressure. We've seen just about everything on offer in the game, we're not being fooled into being fans by some wizard. I think you need to approach these things with some sense of wonder, awe or enthusiasm otherwise it's a pretty lonely existence wanting things your a fan of, to fail right out the gate because you're sceptical. I was that guy and I was wrong, I'm glad I got on board when I saw the evidence, of which there is plenty.

God I missed a lot of crap last night, release dates and making shit up. pages of it, I bet Ross can't wait to come on here and read all of this.:D

----------

I will be short and sweet and not waste time talking about maybe this or maybe that.

I hope the game will release this month(it's December:yes) if not early next year. That's about it, if they use the time to add more fixers into a day one patch. Great.

PS For people being sad about no release date yesterday, it's a weekend and ross releasers nothing on a weekend. Monday to Friday guys.:clap

To be fair I think we have the right to be annoyed if it does not release in 2013.

Ross has consistently stated that it would be released this year. They could have released it earlier, but they were messing around waiting for Ashes 13 to release, and now look what has happened. They were slating Mike for constantly pushing Ashes 13 back, which he deserved, however Bigant are just doing the same.

Also, before others attack me for saying this, I just think that it is important that we can criticise Big ant and not just praise them (biggs).

I really think they have made a great game, but through playing around with the release date they have truly shot themselves in the foot.

I don't think soo he will come here he mess it up . He will lost now

What the hell are you on about mate ?

If I was ross I would skip a few posts over the last few pages, sure there is some good ones(Barmy,Biggs, not mine:p) but most are just guessing or as Ross likes to say make shit up.

PS We can all do it, look I will show you.

PS Ross will till us the release date early next week, maybe it's 2013 or 2014. The market is fine as people forget very quick these days so ross should release on Monday with no marketing or just release in 6 months as we all know the game is not ready and needs many bugs to be fixed.

PS There I made that up, I have been there guys. I have gave my two cents in for ross to see/read in all it's glory but in the end the game will release when ross and true blu say so, I just hope it's soon as I want to play the hell out of this game like yesterday.:yes

I thought that my post was good :(

e: honestly; its a win-win for us: in releases in December; then we get it for Christmas. We get it next year: then (hopefully) less bugs.

Last edited:
So I wake up and go to the last page of each thread in a new browser to see "what's up", then I normally read every post going backward from the most recent. This is what I have done for years with forums that I am active on.

Well for the first time ever I just could not be bothered. I've read this last two pages and that was enough.

All I asked was to not make shit up, seriously.

Here are the facts, I know that some of you don't like facts but here they are anyway, sorry if they get in the way of your "stories".

The playsession had two builds that were current (but without a zero day patch). We could not get these onto the PlayStation Network to use the Academy so I rang the office for them to send me another machine with a build that would.

There were only ever meant to be two machines. It took two hours for the third machine to arrive, the two other machines were in operation for two hours prior.

As I wanted MattW to browse the Academy of course I had him use the third machine as soon as it got there. It was fine in the Academy so I left MattW and MikeM to play it while I went and talked to other people.

When I went back to the machine that MattW was on I noticed an overthrow that I know could have only happened with an old build. I was incensed that an old build was supplied and asked that MattW not record that machine, just the other ones. Unfortunately some of the footage of the bad build survived and is on here.

All of this is verifiable by those that were there.

Speculate all you want, that's expected, all I asked is people "don't make shit up". You are the reason why newspapers will have the train wreck of Ashes on the front page of a paper yet no matter how good our game is it won't rate a mention anywhere within it.

The sales to the audience here is miniscule, I am here to have fun on the journey that is this game, I seriously don't care if you are bored, over it, etc. Don't come to these threads if it causes you so much distress, seriously, it's not worth it. Do what you do for every other game where there's no interaction from the developers, just sit back and wait to be fed, like you did with Ashes.

PS: Sorry if there are some gems in there, just not going to read them.

----------

Ross can accuse people ofmaking shit up all he wants - but when you have been waiting for a game for so long - something he promised would be released in 2013 and has as of yet no confirmed release date he leaves it totally open for people to speculate.

Am sure even his loyal defenders here would ask themselves and wonder why there is no release date. He did say 2013

Relative to the years in development YOU have not been waiting for very long at all. I should not have shared with YOU any information and then YOU wouldn't even know. We normally announce a game just a few weeks before it goes live because of people like YOU because YOU have no patience. I think this journey has shown me that there are too many of YOU out there and I need to go back to restricting the knowledge of any development until the last five weeks like we have done before.

Yeah. Rockstar promised me GTA V the biggest budget game of all time in March......

Last edited:
Relative to the years in development YOU have not been waiting for very long at all. I should not have shared with YOU any information and then you wouldn't even know. We normally announce a game just a few weeks before it goes live because of people like YOU because YOU have no patience. I think this journey has shown me that there are too many of YOU out there and I need to go back to restricting the knowledge of any development until the last five weeks like we have done before.

Yeah. Rockstar promised me GTA V the biggest budget game of all time in March......

Bitchslapped...

I should add "and YOU would be playing Ashes 2013 right now."

I did warn you Ross, don't read the last 4 pages or so.

PS All I ask is if the game will not release this year then please tell us asap as you have in the past and I am fine with it. I hate waiting for this game like everyone else, it's been a strange year as I have said on number of times.

PS In the end Ross you take the good with the bad with forums of any kind. This will ever end as people get hurt very easily and always make shit up.

I do wish you a great future with DBC14 and your other games but if I was you after the game is released have a good holiday with no planetcricket ross. Let Mike M sort out us cricket nuts.:thumbs

haters gonna hate, waiters gonna wait.

I am also anxious to play this game. We have waited for so long and why not wait for a little bit? I have lost so many people just because this passion of mine.

To be honest I am mad too for not knowing the release date but hey we better off waiting a little more and playing a better game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread