Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
79C if I knew a date you would to. It's actually really simple.

The worst thing I could do right now is say a date in 2013 and then change it - now that would be suicide.

I am still here because I respect people here, there is no way that all of the revenue combined from all sales here would pay for the time I spend here.

@Ross Who is your inspiration in life?Who advised you on Don Bradman & Could You change it to Sir DOn Bradman

79C if I knew a date you would to. It's actually really simple.

The worst thing I could do right now is say a date in 2013 and then change it - now that would be suicide.

I am still here because I respect people here, there is no way that all of the revenue combined from all sales here would pay for the time I spend here.

I know ross, all I was meaning is when you know please let us know. Most of us normal folk trust you ross and you know that. You have earned that from almost a year ago, I was just making sure. Sorry about that.

PS Sure I do wander if it's this year or next as well there is 24 days now before xmas but I know you know what you are doing so all cool.

It will not stop me looking on here every hour from Monday just in case you have some special news for us here.:clap

@Ross Who is your inspiration in life?Who advised you on Don Bradman & Could You change it to Sir DOn Bradman

The reason it isn't "sir" is that the foundation told big ant that he wouldn't want to be called sir? Or something like that, Ross said it once back when it was first announced, can't exactly remember why

Honestly Ross after all the crap that is thrown at you, I am amazed that you continue to interact with the community, it is to your credit that you do.

I have only ever seen this level of interaction with one other company (SI Games), they also share information with the community about Football Manager, take loads of abuse for doing so or when things are delayed but they still keep interacting because like you they say that the good people within the community make up for the idiots who send them abuse etc.

So I wake up and go to the last page of each thread in a new browser to see "what's up", then I normally read every post going backward from the most recent. This is what I have done for years with forums that I am active on.

Well for the first time ever I just could not be bothered. I've read this last two pages and that was enough.

All I asked was to not make shit up, seriously.

Here are the facts, I know that some of you don't like facts but here they are anyway, sorry if they get in the way of your "stories".

The playsession had two builds that were current (but without a zero day patch). We could not get these onto the PlayStation Network to use the Academy so I rang the office for them to send me another machine with a build that would.

There were only ever meant to be two machines. It took two hours for the third machine to arrive, the two other machines were in operation for two hours prior.

As I wanted MattW to browse the Academy of course I had him use the third machine as soon as it got there. It was fine in the Academy so I left MattW and MikeM to play it while I went and talked to other people.

When I went back to the machine that MattW was on I noticed an overthrow that I know could have only happened with an old build. I was incensed that an old build was supplied and asked that MattW not record that machine, just the other ones. Unfortunately some of the footage of the bad build survived and is on here.

All of this is verifiable by those that were there.

Speculate all you want, that's expected, all I asked is people "don't make shit up". You are the reason why newspapers will have the train wreck of Ashes on the front page of a paper yet no matter how good our game is it won't rate a mention anywhere within it.

The sales to the audience here is miniscule, I am here to have fun on the journey that is this game, I seriously don't care if you are bored, over it, etc. Don't come to these threads if it causes you so much distress, seriously, it's not worth it. Do what you do for every other game where there's no interaction from the developers, just sit back and wait to be fed, like you did with Ashes.

PS: Sorry if there are some gems in there, just not going to read them.

----------

Relative to the years in development YOU have not been waiting for very long at all. I should not have shared with YOU any information and then YOU wouldn't even know. We normally announce a game just a few weeks before it goes live because of people like YOU because YOU have no patience. I think this journey has shown me that there are too many of YOU out there and I need to go back to restricting the knowledge of any development until the last five weeks like we have done before.

Yeah. Rockstar promised me GTA V the biggest budget game of all time in March......

Personally i think it may have been better if YOU did not share any information back then. I think YOU did make a mistake there. Im not game developer or marketing guru just have my own opinion, right or wrong but had you mentioned back in June the game was not going to be released anytime soon back then you would not have so many people getting frustrated with you.

Had you made it clear the game would not release in the summer of 2013 then you would not have to put up with all this *crap*. A lot of as are genuinely excited about this game which is why we are so frustrated there is no release date even as we come into December.

As for your comment regarding the audience on this forum being miniscule and you not caring about them, is that how you are with all your customers? If you do not care about us should we not care about your game? I want to support this game by buying it on all formats. I know ?100-?150 is nothing in your sales figures but if thats how you feel towards us then i will not be spending my money on this game. I along with a lot of others want to support you but you obviously do not care

Honestly Ross after all the crap that is thrown at you, I am amazed that you continue to interact with the community, it is to your credit that you do.

I have only ever seen this level of interaction with one other company (SI Games), they also share information with the community about Football Manager, take loads of abuse for doing so or when things are delayed but they still keep interacting because like you they say that the good people within the community make up for the idiots who send them abuse etc.

If I'm Ross, or any other game developer, I would be happy that folks care enough about the game that they can't wait for the game to be released. Now if the folks were totally indifferent to the game it would be a different matter altogether.

Personally i think it may have been better if YOU did not share any information back then. I think YOU did make a mistake there. Im not game developer or marketing guru just have my own opinion, right or wrong but had you mentioned back in June the game was not going to be released anytime soon back then you would not have so many people getting frustrated with you.

Had you made it clear the game would not release in the summer of 2013 then you would not have to put up with all this *crap*. A lot of as are genuinely excited about this game which is why we are so frustrated there is no release date even as we come into December.

As for your comment regarding the audience on this forum being miniscule and you not caring about them, is that how you are with all your customers? If you do not care about us should we not care about your game? I want to support this game by buying it on all formats. I know ?100-?150 is nothing in your sales figures but if thats how you feel towards us then i will not be spending my money on this game. I along with a lot of others want to support you but you obviously do not care

You totally disregard that I am actually answering posts, if I didn't care I wouldn't. Those who don't care are gone and don't.

You still need to learn about the real world and patience. I think the post yesterday regarding the bed is apt.

IMO one of the reasons people are a bit more jumpy than usual is the history they've had with cricket games. When folks see the game may be pushed out a bit, you can't blame them for being sceptical with their "here we go again..." reaction. To me such a reaction is understandable and to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread