Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he would tell the release date 2 days before the release.
Someone should try to make ROSS annoyed so much that he would rather tell us the release date instead of getting annoyed anymore

Many a troll has been defeated on this journey, that, and I'm just too comfortable and chilled with our game.

pffft who cares, Cairns is further away than New Zealand :p

What I like is the rivalry between NZ and Aus...but that stops as soon as you offer one of us a job in the mine for a big paycheck and you'll have us singing waltzing matilda naked and the aussie flag tattooed on our gentleman sausage ;)

Many a troll has been defeated on this journey, that, and I'm just too comfortable and chilled with our game.

Also the absence of red meat from the diet helps with calm nerves..

At least that's the excuse I use for being such a patient bastard.. :P

----------

What I like is the rivalry between NZ and Aus...but that stops as soon as you offer one of us a job in the mine for a big paycheck and you'll have us singing waltzing matilda naked and the aussie flag tattooed on our gentleman sausage ;)

Don't worry.. we'll still complain about you stealing our jobs and shagging our sheep.. :lol

With days passing by and no indication of any announcement by Ross, I think we will have to digest the fact that the game is coming next year..
Ross please do announce the release date at least 10- 15 before unlike AC13 making just 2 days prior announcement before releasing on steam. Remember, even AC13 announced the first release date of June 21, 2013 on 23rd Feb 2013 i.e 4 months back..

In my own, completly useless, opinion, based on what Ross has indicated earlier today, I think we're looking at about a 50/50 chance of a release this year. The plain and simple fact of everything is that I am sure Ross knows that every day he fails to advise a release date is poisining any any momentum he is generating by having the marketing campaign start. I'm sure he would have announced already if the release date has been set and it does not fall within 2013, as there is no reason to hold the answer back.

I also guess it is not his call to make (at least entirely on his own). The release structure is either decided, or at least heavily made in discussion, by the publisher (as that's what they're their for).

As said, the marketing campaign has just started on Friday.. Tru Blu and Big Ant have a history of short marketing campaigns and short period from announce date to release date. Things are still looking positive.. just don't over-hype yourself outta it.. the day will come.

Take it easy folks. We will own Fridays pretty soon.

50/50 chance of a release this year

I would say its 45/55 at the moment in favour of a release next year. We are already in the last month of this year, and logistically speaking, as the days go by it would get more and more difficult to have a world-wide release this year.

Whatever happens, I am pretty confident that by the end of this week, we would know for sure when the game would be released :cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostyvegi
50/50 chance of a release this year
I would say its 45/55 at the moment in favour of a release next year.

A delay can make people doubt that this game may be improved AC13 under a different title to attract people..

Games in Uk generally release on a Fridays , so only 3 Fridays
Left to release, so not sure you can go on 20th just be lost
In the Christmas rush , Friday 13th is a best for this month,
To catch the Christmas sales .
First two weeks in January are very quiet for game releases,
Which can be a good time to release as people bored of the Christmas
Games and start trading in or spending gift vouchers , DMC,
Bayonetta,darksiders did very well in January's .
Ross can't wait for this game kept my ps3 for this and good luck
When releasing dbc14 I think it could be a surprise hit like blc05 was .
Come on England !

If we are able to do pre-orders near to Christmas worldwide we can bank our money on DBC14.....as Christmas time is the time where we spend our money more .....Than early 2014....Not asking for release date though....

Sorry to quote my post, but I thought it is more relevant on this thread than the one in which I originally posted.

So basically,

There are some Pros and Cons for releasing the game this year, like:

+ Cricket season in most countries, specially Australia
+ Holiday season, during which it seems maximum sales are made
+ Close proximity to Ashes getting cancelled and getting so much coverage, hence currently a Cricket Game is the hottest topic in the media, more than ever it has been before. Can be utilized
+ With PS4 and Xbone still not released in a few countries, people are still looking for a PS3/Xbox360 game
+ A release would ensure that many people would play the game and would post reviews and videos on the net, thereby creating more awareness and a good base for the next-gen versions which are rumoured to release next year. Will help BigAnt establish themselves as a brand for good cricket games.
+ Ross is able to stick to his earlier prediction and trolls find a new topic to tickle his nuts
- Negative media on cricket games can still backfire for DBC14, specially if the same media channels fail to write on DBC14, as then the public remains knowledgeable only about one cricket game which was rubbish and rightly cancelled

And, there are some Pros and Cons for releasing the game Next year, like:

+ People might have forgotten about the Ashes game being cancelled
+ Have a wider release window, and thus can choose another time when cricket is on a high and no other AAA game is being released
- People might still think its the same game as before (i.e Ashes) which has been renamed since the Ashes is over and released again in the market.
- A lot of people might have moved on to the next gen consoles and thus a good amount of them might have sold/traded their ps3s by now. These next gen consoles would surely be available in many more countries by next year.
- There might be a long time till we can find a window during which cricket is the talk of the town and people are in a mood to buy stuff
- With the next gen available to a wider section of the public, old gen games would not get the same amount of interest and coverage.
- Trolls continue to scratch Ross' nuts on how he didnt release the game in 2013

These are some of the points that came to my 'non-expert' mind. Personally, I am glad I am not in Ross' shoes, as the decision he is about to make is very complex & critical and frankly, it could go either way for any decision that he takes. I believe and hope that he would eventually go with what his guts tell him to do, and then back that decision irrespective of the results it delivers. Personally I am scared to even suggest to him what he should do, as if it goes wrong, I would feel very guilty myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread