Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're talking facts.

So if you read all of the posts you would understand that the Cricket Academy is a branch (subset) if the full game and we cherry pick across what we think is vital. Sometimes not enough is carried across, sometimes too much (features present that should not be).

I take note of issues found and try to get them fixed in the CA whenever possible. It's had more patches and support than any cricket game you've paid for for sure.

All games have bugs, ours will too, my saying that does not equate to me saying that you have to accept them or that we won't fix them. We have a long history of supporting our products. Fact.

Saying "I'm a businessman" has no weight unless you are in this business :p I would not claim to understand every other business just because I am a "businessman".

In terms of the article, no one is more disappointed than I that the game didn't ship last year, I hardly think it ranks equally with Ashes though as the #1 disappointment in games globally. The author of the article has respected this and has been reasonable in acknowledging that he did not know of the demo (CA).

God Ross up so early, does the article hurt you guys Ross. If the answer is a yes maybe contact them.

When you consider ashes 13 had little to no communication with the consumer, and the little was lies, then put up a handful of bad screenshots then a discrace of a game I can't see how you can put them in the same category! We've had countless patches/update to the CA and basically a demo in the nets its a bit of a pisstake for the author to say stuff like that, I hope he has the decency to publish an apology if sirts( this kinda thing is the last thing anyone who wants DB14 out now wants) it could again cause distributers to hold back, causing possible delay for us and loss of earning for big ant!

Last edited:
It underlines what I am saying about what we face in our industry. Equating Ashes 2013 with our product is far too common, both from Melbourne, both making sports games, both making cricket, in the end it will work out, of that I am sure.

So if you read all of the posts you would understand that the Cricket Academy is a branch (subset) if the full game and we cherry pick across what we think is vital. Sometimes not enough is carried across, sometimes too much (features present that should not be).

I take note of issues found and try to get them fixed in the CA whenever possible. It's had more patches and support than any cricket game you've paid for for sure.

All games have bugs, ours will too, my saying that does not equate to me saying that you have to accept them or that we won't fix them. We have a long history of supporting our products. Fact.

Saying "I'm a businessman" has no weight unless you are in this business :p I would not claim to understand every other business just because I am a "businessman".

In terms of the article, no one is more disappointed than I that the game didn't ship last year, I hardly think it ranks equally with Ashes though as the #1 disappointment in games globally. The author of the article has respected this and has been reasonable in acknowledging that he did not know of the demo (CA).

So to sum it up, it's releasing on 14th february?

----------

It underlines what I am saying about what we face in our industry. Equating Ashes 2013 with our product is far too common, both from Melbourne, both making sports games, both making cricket, in the end it will work out, of that I am sure.

Oh great. 14th february then.

Even though it is just batting in the nets and the Cricket Academy I have spent more time playing this free demo than most full priced games I have bought.
You can't say more about the game then that. I am excited about the release of the game as much as anyone else but I'm prepared to wait.

If I'm working on the 14th February then I'm in more trouble than I was in last night for posting during the tennis.

There is no doubt among the people that have played the nets, seen the gameplay that this game will be far better than anything that's gone before, also as we've seen throughout the updates to CA that any problems reported get attended to, its a world away from the other Melbourne developer, I can begin to understand more, the reason for the delay, at first I was disappointed DB14 wasn't out before, but people like that author pretty much back up the decision, its still happening after the ashes was pulled. Hopefully a great marketing campaign can create awareness to the masses.

----------

You know Ross you could always release before the 14th feb, then give yourself a day off counting money with the Missis!!! My Missis seems to love me a lot more when I'm on price work and the money's rolling in!!!

If I'm working on the 14th February then I'm in more trouble than I was in last night for posting during the tennis.

It's ok just buy the lovely lady something real nice and then say you need to take a huge dump, knowing you will post on PC. Release date 16th Feb, why because I can make up dates too.:clap

Kindly note dear Sir your retort is fallacious in nature. I never implied knowing anything about "your business" or the industry that you are in, and if you can recall whenever you are kind enough to respond to one of my posts, I have always respectfully deferred to your expertise in the industry, (if Biggs were here I am pretty sure he would look it up). I merely said me being a businessman has programmed me to think logically; which leads me to ask a lot more questions that the average person would.

Last edited:
Kindly note dear Sir your retort is fallacious in nature. I never implied knowing anything about "your business" or the industry that you are in, and if you can recall whenever you are kind enough to respond to one of my posts, I have always respectfully deferred to your expertise in the industry, (if Biggs were here I am pretty sure he would look it up). I merely said me being a businessman has programmed me to think logically; which leads me to ask a lot more questions that the average person would.

Yeah, take that Ross!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread