Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think given we were told "by 1st feb" it is a bit much for people to start getting antsy now, a week before...

that being said, i am surprised that there isn't an exact date yet, in terms of big ant/tru blu and the other stakeholders knowing the day. (I know ross said that will be decided next week, i would have just thought with logistics at the distribution/retail end these things would be locked down quite early - however that is based on precisely 0 experience of retail - hence my surprise.)

7 days or less from know we should have the info we want, and we all hope it will be not too long after that we have the game we want in our hands.

i think given we were told "by 1st feb" it is a bit much for people to start getting antsy now, a week before...

that being said, i am surprised that there isn't an exact date yet, in terms of big ant/tru blu and the other stakeholders knowing the day. (I know ross said that will be decided next week, i would have just thought with logistics at the distribution/retail end these things would be locked down quite early - however that is based on precisely 0 experience of retail - hence my surprise.)

7 days or less from know we should have the info we want, and we all hope it will be not too long after that we have the game we want in our hands.

I imagine that if the release date is decided, it still won't be for another 3 or 4 weeks. So during that time they will get the game out and about worldwide. But that's on precisely 0 experience of retail :thumbs

My guess (based on as much experience of retail as you) is that if they have nailed down a small window from which they just have to pick a date then as long as they can get the stock to the shelves before the start of that window then the actual release date is independent of the retailers. If that make any sense.

I imagine that if the release date is decided, it still won't be for another 3 or 4 weeks. So during that time they will get the game out and about worldwide. But that's on precisely 0 experience of retail :thumbs

Yep, given the fact that Ross said that the general public have very short attention span and BA believes in releasing games within 3-4 weeks of announcing a date, it should definitely be here in Q1. Feb likely, March more probable.

I have partners involved in this release, they have an equal say in when it gets released.

I know what my vote is, simple as that. To the twats above that say I said it would release in jan or feb - show me the post - put up or shut up..., or even perhaps try something you haven't done before - apologise.

----------

I guess you missed my post where I said the builds had passed console approval?

----------

If I knew the date back then I would have said it. FFS.

----------

Hounded for a best guess and then hung drawn and quartered prior to the 1st feb, get a grip.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...dated-2014-release-85683-510.html#post2654796

"Ok. Lets be really clear.

It could release anytime from 1st January onwards

You will know the exact release date no later than February 1st..."

Release of the game or release of the release date?! Assuming the former as you have mentioned the release of the release date in the sentence below it...?!

Last edited:
Ross on behalf of those who can wait, I apologize for those who can't , those whose inpatients has become a frustration for you.

Then for those who can't wait here is a small bit of friendly advise grab your old bat , a dust bin , a tennis ball and mostly some friends and go play some backyard cricket till next week. :D

Ross on behalf of those who can wait, I apologize for those who can't , those whose inpatients has become a frustration for you.

Then for those who can't wait here is a small bit of friendly advise grab your old bat , a dust bin , a tennis ball and mostly some friends and go play some backyard cricket till next week. :D

Nice idea but it's currently -1c here. Bit frosty for cricket.

Not sure beating my friend's to death with a cricket bat and hiding their bodies in a dust bin is much of a solution, but thanks.

Not sure beating my friend's to death with a cricket bat and hiding their bodies in a dust bin is much of a solution, but thanks.

Now we have two ideas of how to use the time. I suggest cricket and you suggest an elaborate plot which involves murder mystery and most likely jail time. Tough choice

Try it working for me since 2013 just getting short of friends but you can always make new.

Wow I went to bed last night joking about toblerone and come back from work to read all this shite!!! This forum is up and down like the Assyrian empire!!
From what I know, next Friday at the latest we will know release. Bigant release games within a month of announcement.
It's not totally up to bigant this time as other people are involved in the decision.
It could be more than a month away from release.
Why get all menstrual over the release of the release date, we will still have to wait a while after that.
When Ross announces release date, in the weeks up to actual release are you guys gonna start hounding Ross to release it early, questioning whether its really ready and demanding bowling in the nets!!
This is worse than an addict clucking for his dealer to come back from picking up!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread