Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as of tomorrow we can officially say ''We will be playing Don Bradman Cricket 14 next month'' :yes

Well it was hard work wading through all those crap whiny sissy girl posts; especially with this hangover.

FFS people it's a computer game, get some perspective. A businessman did something in the best interests of his business and you didn't like it. Grow up!

@Biggs
A friend for you.

I could have always said March 31st and surprised everyone with an earlier delivery but I know that can't be the date. Treat March 31st as the exact date if you like.

As I said I didn't mind the late March / May part. It's just that it hurts to know I will have to wait a bit longer. Maybe down the line I'll look at this post and laugh, but at this very moment not having a very good feeling about it and I'm sure time will prove to be a great healer. So please excuse me for letting out my emotions here.

PS: Maybe I feel a lot better if I could at least pre-order.

Last edited:
@Biggs
A friend for you.

Maybe it's the searing pain in my frontal lobes caused by strong Belgian beer but it has really hacked me off seeing a bunch of grown men behaving like spoiled, entitled little brats.

There has been some healthy discussion since Ross announced the release around the whys and wherefores of the decision but the intermittent wailing and gnashing of teeth with phrases such as "stabbed in the back" being used is nigh on laughable.

Maybe it's the searing pain in my frontal lobes caused by strong Belgian beer but it has really hacked me off seeing a bunch of grown men behaving like spoiled, entitled little brats.

There has been some healthy discussion since Ross announced the release around the whys and wherefores of the decision but the intermittent wailing and gnashing of teeth with phrases such as "stabbed in the back" being used is nigh on laughable.

I do agree with you about some of the reaction being over the top. I just can't understand why the console release wasn't during or just post the Ashes.
The forum is going to be pretty quiet for 6 weeks.
P.S. I love Leffe too. ;-)

Thursday, although for AFL Live Ross was very happy/keen for us to break the release date. I was playing it Monday arvo.

I remember the huge effort on BigFooty to get the release date broken. Good times :D

I just can't understand why the console release wasn't during or just post the Ashes.

This has already been explained many, many times.

AC13 stunk the market and none of the retailers were willing to take stock of DBC14 plus there was confusion over both games being the same one due to both companies being based in Melbourne.

No one is denying the fact that the Ashes was the most profitable time to release the game but for the reasons above it just couldn't of happened and now that the Ashes has been and gone it makes perfectly good sense to release the game in line with the World T20 (albeit unofficially).

I do agree with you about some of the reaction being over the top. I just can't understand why the console release wasn't during or just post the Ashes.
The forum is going to be pretty quiet for 6 weeks.
P.S. I love Leffe too. ;-)

You could kind of reason that with the AC13 sh*tbomb and their tie to the Ashes BA might have wanted all trace of the series/game over and done with so as not to be associated with it. I would have thought the AUS/SA series from an Aussie standpoint would have been the best time to release but as we in the UK are their 2nd biggest market maybe not so for us after having been utterly gubbed in the ashes.

Instead we have the pleasure of waiting until we get utterly gubbed in the T20 WC instead. Totally agree its frustrating but we have to assume that these guys know how to market computer games better than joe public.

It was Leffe that got me into this mess :facepalm

Totally agree its frustrating but we have to assume that these guys know how to market computer games better than joe public.

Now that I'm coming back to my senses, I have to agree with you on this.

There were two football games released late last year, Fifa 14 and PES 14. The complete failure of one of those titles boosted the sale of the other.
I feel that this would have been the case with DB cricket and Ashes 13.

I feel for you PC guys but it's the start of (hopefully) a cracking franchise, cricket gaming can't afford this to flop as it's unlikely we'll be getting another one.

On another note there's never been a better time to get a PS3, they're dirt cheap now and the library of games is incredible with some unmissable exclusives (Last of Us, Uncharted, MGS4, Journey etc.) this also applies to Xbox too. You usually get some classic games towards the end of a cycle as devs stop trying to out-graphic each other and focus on the gameplay.

There were two football games released late last year, Fifa 14 and PES 14. The complete failure of one of those titles boosted the sale of the other.

You cannot sell a game in which the retailers aren't willing to stock. Also comparing this to FIFA vs PES is stupid in the nicest way possible.

Yeah still what's done is done, we have to live with the consoles getting the love. I'm ok with it as I am a console gamer.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread