Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot sell a game in which the retailers aren't willing to stock. Also comparing this to FIFA vs PES is stupid in the nicest way possible.

You can't say stupid in a nice way.:mad
I am entitled to my opinion and I think it is valid.

Given the correct sort of marketing DB Cricket would have been very successful if it had been released after the Ashes. Big football titles don't wait for a World Cup to come along.

Last edited:
You cannot sell a game in which the retailers aren't willing to stock. Also comparing this to FIFA vs PES is stupid in the nicest way possible.

I think Zombie has a point, if DBC14 would have released say boxing day it could have been the shinning light for cricket gaming fans. Still we will never know, the news today has been mixed that's for sure.:yes

I think Zombie has a point, if DBC14 would have released say boxing day it could have been the shinning light for cricket gaming fans. Still we will never know, the news today has been mixed that's for sure.:yes

No he doesn't. Remember that the boxing day release was only applicable for Australia/New Zealand.

There were two football games released late last year, Fifa 14 and PES 14. The complete failure of one of those titles boosted the sale of the other.
I feel that this would have been the case with DB cricket and Ashes 13.

The key difference is that they are both established franchises. Everyone who is going to buy one knows about the other therefore when one does badly, they simply buy the other. (Not knowing which one failed makes that sentence a little confusing sorry!)

The problem here is that noone (outside of PC) has really heard of DBC14 but they have all heard of a failed cricket game from Melbourne. When they hear about a cricket game from Melbourne they immediately think about the game with the big franchise of the Ashes, how that failed and just presume its that. Its frustrating I know but unfortunately been proven several times in the last month (eg when someone called Ross to sympathise with him over his game's failure).

Had DBC14 been released before Ashes then there might be a different story but that is delving into the realms of "What If history"...an entirely different yet still entertaining discussion.

I'll be buying it on Xbox so I'm guessing it will be around the 27th March. I'm amazed that the people in the meeting thought this was a good idea though.

Can someone explain how games on Steam work? Do we need Steam only at the time of installation or every time we need to run the game?

Do we have to be online or is it some kind of an executor ?

Not sure about this, but I've heard something about offline mode in Steam. Don't exactly know how that works though.

Not sure about this, but I've heard something about offline mode in Steam. Don't exactly know how that works though.

my understanding is it's primarily used for DRM, and checks the activation each time the game is loaded. once that's done, you shouldn't need to be online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread