Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true Bigss/MattW, the little kids love these kind of things these days and some big kids to, if ross does not want to do it maybe make Mike M do it Ross. Hoping this helps sales when released late march.:cheers

The best publicity for the game would be to have ads or maybe even an article published on cricinfo. Most cricket fans visit cricinfo and are more likely to find out about a cricket game and purchase the same.

We have had to commit a lot of money just to release the CA and keep it supported and up to date, and that's just for the PC platform, demos cost way more to make and get through submissions and I would also have to pay for each download.

That's ridiculous, no sense in making a demo then. It just puts another burden on developers, the one who does hopes that demo might be liked by more customers and cover that cost, which is not always successful. Instead that money can certainly go in better resources needed to make actual game. Good thing BigAnt didn't go for a demo.

Except for the Academy downloaded players and any patches/DLC that might become available a Disk would have 100% of the content. I do not have distribution details on the PC disk, they are yet to be pressed.

Thats enough for me, plus the hopeful fact that it releases simultaneously with the Steam version.

So true Bigss/MattW, the little kids love these kind of things these days and some big kids to, if ross does not want to do it maybe make Mike M do it Ross. Hoping this helps sales when released late march.
I'm certain you would be great at Twitter.

Also the Bigant site needs to be updated atleast with the basic info, still saying 2013 in DBC page, could do well to add a few screenshots and the trailers.
A lot of people would like a well informed page especially of the developer.
something like this atleast, instead of searching for info through a new forum.
The top 3 sources of info when i search Don bradman Cricket14
10zr52v.png

Last edited:
We mere members of Planet Cricket know that this place is so lucrative that the Staff Members and Admins sleep on beds of money and take baths of Champagne - how stupid do you think we are, you can't fool us!

I have been close to getting EA across the line on Cricket but not close enough, it turns out the only publisher interested in Cricket was 505 and the CEO there was an English guy who was a real Cricket fan, because of Ashes 2013 my understanding is that they are not in the market for sports games any longer.

Making a cricket game is too risky for any publisher to fund, DBC14 would not have been made if we did not fund it ourselves.

Except for the Academy downloaded players and any patches/DLC that might become available a Disk would have 100% of the content. I do not have distribution details on the PC disk, they are yet to be pressed.

Agreed. Twitter and FB have been largely ignored and we need to do much better.

It might be Autumn (not winter) in Melbourne in March but it's actually Spring/Summer elsewhere in the world, remember the Ashes was in July last year, the Melbourne winter and amazingly enough there was a lot of interest in it even though it was footy season :)

----------

So you want me to delay the Console versions until the PC version comes out, ok, I'll think about that* :)

*no I won't...

no i want to say PC version also release at march with console version. all cricket fans wait for this long time. console user play this game before pc users. its not fair. but you can.

:facepalm

You're both either naive or easily impressionable, or both.

Most people don't live in Lee's (allegedly) financially priveleged world. They can't throw 100 bucks around here and there. Try to put yourself in other people's shoes - it's not all about you.

Lee's not saying it how it is. Not by a long shot. In fact, to quote Biggs, he doesn't get it at all - and doesn't care to, either.

OZ

I am not a rich man not by a long shot, never claimed to be.

I run my own construction company and at 32 I am mortage free, now that is not to gloat or brag that is just how my life is, I've been successful (and lucky).

My point was not to "large it", in fact 79cricket summed it perfectly, we have know for a long time this game will be out, and let's face it some of you on here are almost obsessed with this game even before you have played it, so why not put some money away every week or month?

Within 5/6 months you have the money ready to go.

Yes I can appreciate some people don't have the money to buy one copy or in my case 2, but hey that's not my problem nor do I actually care if someone can't afford it, I will never feel guilty for having a bit of money behind me. (It didn't just fall into my lap, it's called working hard)

Ross once the game is released ,how do you plan to offer support ?
will it be through the planet cricket forums or through mail or do you plan to have official forums on your site?
what are your usual modes of support for previous titles.

----------

Also with regards to going viral on twitter you can do stuff like
'DON's SHOTS' series if the license allows it. Tweeting each shot (straight drive,cover drive, glance etc Played by the Don ingame) regularly. Thats bound to catch some attention for the game.
Spectacular catches and Dives series for fielding.
'Stumps Knocked ' for bowling etc
just adding my 2cents:cheers

OZ

I am not a rich man not by a long shot, never claimed to be.

I run my own construction company and at 32 I am mortage free, now that is not to gloat or brag that is just how my life is, I've been successful (and lucky).

My point was not to "large it", in fact 79cricket summed it perfectly, we have know for a long time this game will be out, and let's face it some of you on here are almost obsessed with this game even before you have played it, so why not put some money away every week or month?

Within 5/6 months you have the money ready to go.

Yes I can appreciate some people don't have the money to buy one copy or in my case 2, but hey that's not my problem nor do I actually care if someone can't afford it, I will never feel guilty for having a bit of money behind me. (It didn't just fall into my lap, it's called working hard)

Lee I must say you are on a roll(Three legend posts in a row), please have a go at someone or we will all think you have changed into someone else.:p

PS I don't have my own business but I have worked very hard in the field I picked, long late nights where I finish like 6am.

So if I want to buy like 2 or 3 copies then fine, I don't drink/ no drugs and I eat right most of the time. Life is good but I am not Bragging ok.;)

I wish they release it before Watchdogs which is also scheduled to be released in the march. Because being a student whose savings gonna take a beating in coming weeks for the obvious reasons :p, i may not be able to buy both Watchdogs and this together. I'm psyched about both games equally. So whichever comes first, i have to get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread