Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yes you would. In fact it should be more than enough.

I`m from South Africa , and would just like to know if anyone has an idea if we also slot in with everyone else on the same "end of March" release window for PS3 ?

Please advise so that I can plan ahead .

I`m from South Africa , and would just like to know if anyone has an idea if we also slot in with everyone else on the same "end of March" release window for PS3 ?

Please advise so that I can plan ahead .

I believe that there is a simultaneous release across the world. Although, I was given a release date of 28th March (Friday) by the company whom I ordered with.

SA being a major cricketing country, I'd guess so.

Bingo!

You just summed up one of the problems nicely since the drive is one of the hardest shots in the game!

A fundamental flaw.

Really? I always thought that the drive was one of the more basic shots, especially compared to pulling, hooking, sweeping, cutting etc etc.

----------

Not really true. Pitchers have so many variations in their pitches. There's fastball, curveball, sliders, slow ones and at least a dozen more variations.
Don't think baseball is easy.

None of the above take into account the pitch - the ball never hits the ground unlike cricket.

----------

The shots were identical up and up - the timing was ideal yet the ball was flying off in random ways. you have no idea where the ball will end up - there are too many shots linked to the same inputs. small variations are natural but this game has some very strange automatic shot selection and strange physics.

scripted randomness i guess to fool people to believing it is realistic.

Scripted randomness? Do you think these words through before you type them?

I used to think of The Fonz as the cool guy from Happy Days:

00815998_fonzholdin_220473c.jpg

Now I just think of him as someone who likes to post drivel...

I believe that there is a simultaneous release across the world. Although, I was given a release date of 28th March (Friday) by the company whom I ordered with.

where did you ordered ???

Bingo!

You just summed up one of the problems nicely since the drive is one of the hardest shots in the game!

A fundamental flaw.

Bingo, i am saying driving in the nets is not to hard on most difficulty, well Legand it's hard.

PS I played cricket from the age of 15 to 20 odd dude, driving is how you make easy runs as most good bowlers try to bowl outside off and make it to full so driving is not hard to do in the nets but as in real cricket it is a easy way to get out ok.:thumbs

This game has nailed that part for me, if Ross ups the bounce and makes the full toss added in the game then that's the next step.

PS For members who thing we/Ross is just having a go at him, it's not just that ok.:p

He makes stuff up, does not back real cricket with this, go play in the nets and take some video. You will find some difference but god in my opinion this is near close and can only get better.

PS FONZ get over Ross and just find someone else to love ok or try to please use your words right.

PS What sounds better, this game is broken and is what i thought it would be or Ross can you tweak this and that as i feel it's not perfect.

PS Fonz if you want to know how to ask for improvements if the nets needs it please read ZOMBIE posts about the older 99.94b i think. Peace.:wave

if Ross ups the bounce and makes the full toss added in the game then that's the next step.

He did confirm full toss/beamers as available in the full game.

OT: you do love saying PS, don't you ;)?

Masterbaster 76 you hit the nail on the head mate, driving is easier than the other shots. If the nets have a weak area i would say facing spin is a little to hard on legend in the nets, that's why i am hoping for the advancing defence shots and ground shots to play like KP:lol or Clarke:clap more.

Because at the moment i feel more like the old english teams vs Shane warne.:facepalm
PS Still unlike Mr Fonz maybe it's just me as i am not good against spin.:(

----------

He did confirm full toss/beamers as available in the full game.

OT: you do love saying PS, don't you ;)?

Sorry about that, my PS is going overboard when the Fonz is here. I will try not to use it so much.:facepalm

Yes i know the game has them but i am hoping Ross puts in the odd Fonz beamer to the head.:clap

Its easy if you perfect sweeps and advance shots. One approach is that you read the flight of the ball early and advance. You have to do minor adjustments when to leave according to the ball but you will get it with some practice. Second option is that you just play sweeps. Sweep anything on middle or leg to the leg side using normal sweep and use reverse sweep for anything on offstump or outside offstump. :thumbs

Its easy if you perfect sweeps and advance shots. One approach is that you read the flight of the ball early and advance. You have to do minor adjustments when to leave according to the ball but you will get it with some practice. Second option is that you just play sweeps. Sweep anything on middle or leg to the leg side using normal sweep and use reverse sweep for anything on offstump or outside offstump. :thumbs

Thanks i do need to practice more against medium and spin on legend, pace i am good but i love to come down the pitch to defend, if you defend in the crease all the time in real life or in the nets vs good spin you are asking to get out slowly and painfully.

PS:p I do feel Fonz is just saying the game is crap as he is just not good at it, like i said before training wheels Mr Fonz.:rolleyes

----------

Game Exchange in the U.K.

I have it preordered from EB games can't wait for next month.:thumbs

Thanks i do need to practice more against medium and spin on legend, pace i am good but i love to come down the pitch to defend, if you defend in the crease all the time in real life or in the nets vs good spin you are asking to get out slowly and painfully.

PS:p I do feel Fonz is just saying the game is crap as he is just not good at it, like i said before training wheels Mr Fonz.:rolleyes

----------

I have it preordered from EB games can't wait for next month.:thumbs

No, thefonz is saying it's crap because the man is a vindictive, twisted, attention seeking fool.

I played cricket for 30 years, man and boy, and this is one of only a few games that I have played that gives a certain advantage to someone who has actually played the real game of cricket before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread