Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wish that we see something like the moto g incident on flip kart where it got sold off within the first 2 hours. That would be epic.

Not happening. I know we have discussed this many times here, but Rs. 4299 is a massive fail pricing. I hope to be proven wrong, but I doubt we will be seeing sales even close to BigAntStudio's expectation.

I still hope this is MRP and retailers will sell it for ~ Rs. 3500.

but Rs. 4299 is a massive fail pricing.

Gaming is not an entitlement, you're not OWED anything. You pay what a developer wants you to pay based on the cost of the producing the product in the first place. If you think a "Fail Price" is one that is consistent with the rest of the known planet then GTFO because it's a more than a fair price to support a developer producing a damn good cricket title and for the first time in about a decade, taking the sport and the gaming community seriously. Can't afford, do what the rest of us do and save your money for it, EARN your money or whatever. It's as affordable for you as the effort you want to put in to get it. Simple.

This shit costs money and as Ross said a page or so ago, he's paying Western salaries, Western taxes, rent and petrol. His business isn't run in some bamboo mud brick house in an ungoverned region of Nepal. He's not Ubisoft with 5 studios across the world. He's one studio. We know the people involved in the game, Mikey, HBK, Ross... these are real people, not a faceless giant corporation. The least you can do is not bitch at the price they need to justify all their time and efforts spent on the product.

Honestly.

Gaming is not an entitlement, you're not OWED anything. You pay what a developer wants you to pay based on the cost of the producing the product in the first place. If you think a "Fail Price" is one that is consistent with the rest of the known planet then GTFO because it's a more than a fair price to support a developer producing a damn good cricket title and for the first time in about a decade, taking the sport and the gaming community seriously. Can't afford, do what the rest of us do and save your money for it, EARN your money or whatever. It's as affordable for you as the effort you want to put in to get it. Simple.

This shit costs money and as Ross said a page or so ago, he's paying Western salaries, Western taxes, rent and petrol. His business isn't run in some bamboo mud brick house in an ungoverned region of Nepal. He's not Ubisoft with 5 studios across the world. He's one studio. We know the people involved in the game, Mikey, HBK, Ross... these are real people, not a faceless giant corporation. The least you can do is not bitch at the price they need to justify all their time and efforts spent on the product.

Honestly.

I am not contesting the fact that Ross pays western salaries, taxes etc. That does not change the fact that the pricing is a massive fail in India. You are an outsider and don't understand how it works in India so would suggest you rather GTFO than advice me on how I should feel about the pricing. If I feel the price is too high, I have the right to put my point across (isn't that what forums are all about?) You won't get it but even some PS4 titles are cheaper than that in India. All I am saying is only the hardcore fans (people who are here) will buy the game, but the casual gamers would think twice before investing that kind of money. If you don't believe me, look at the reactions on IVG forum.

Honestly

I am not contesting the fact that Ross pays western salaries, taxes etc. That does not change the fact that the pricing is a massive fail in India. You are an outsider and don't understand how it works in India so would suggest you rather GTFO than advice me on how I should feel about the pricing. If I feel the price is too high, I have the right to put my point across (isn't that what forums are all about?) You won't get it but even some PS4 titles are cheaper than that in India. All I am saying is only the hardcore fans (people who are here) will buy the game, but the casual gamers would think twice before investing that kind of money. If you don't believe me, look at the reactions on IVG forum.
Would you rather it be released in India at a high price or not be released at all? Rs 4299 is probably the best price Big Ant and TruBlu can offer to actually have the game sold in India.

You are an outsider and don't understand how it works in India so would suggest you rather GTFO than advice me on how I should feel about the pricing

So what? I've been to India twice. You're opinion is no less valid than anyone else. The difference is you're wrong. I know exactly how it works. I've walked past rows and rows of illegal games sellers shoving the latest movies and games at me for US$1 and been absolutely disgusted by it. I know how it works. The price is absolutely irrelevant. BigAnt aren't going to pay for an entire staff trip to Vegas on sales in India because newsflash; Games don't sell well in India. It's not a major market. He's distributing the game there because cricket is popular, not because he's going to become a millionaire over night. He knows his game is going to get pirated and it's probably going to be incredibly popular in India with those illegal sellers, especially once it hits PC.

The game will be priced so the real fans, the people that are genuine cricket game fans and the legit folk that are plentiful on this forum, btw, they will support the game, pay the money and therefore, there's more chance we'll see updates, patches and maybe even a sequel.

You're not looking at the big picture. You're wrong.

Honestly

first chill out...

second just save up so what if you and others in india don't get it day one... they aren't forcing you to buy it day one.

I am not talking about myself. I will buy the game at that price. All I want is for BigAnt to be successful in India so we have a better chance at having the next iteration of the game. My opinion is on the casual gamers who will be put off by this pricing. However, I hear that we *might* see a decent retailer discount at launch.

The game will not be a financial success in India, regardless of how it is priced. It's not a major market. I'm not sure what you don't get about that. The game will be defined by sales in the UK, Australia and maybe South Africa. FYI; New Zealand sales are about relevant as sales in Darwin.

Would you rather it be released in India at a high price or not be released at all? Rs 4299 is probably the best price Big Ant and TruBlu can offer to actually have the game sold in India.

But then they would be in the wrong that way too... can't win it seems. Ross & co have gone to great lengths to get it to india, be appreciative that it's there at all.

The game will be priced so the real fans, the people that are genuine cricket game fans and the legit folk that are plentiful on this forum, btw, they will support the game, pay the money and therefore, there's more chance we'll see updates, patches and maybe even a sequel.

Plenty? You mean like 30-40?

Citation required.

@Pat I think tbh @Ross doesn't have huge expectations in terms of Indian market sales in respect of units sold. What they are doing us making sure it's available there in limited numbers for consoles, and hoping Steam for PC a)limits cost of physical disk production and shipping and b)limits piracy.

What they want is maximum sales at a reasonable price, not maximum sales at any price.

More importantly, as @Ross said back in 02 when he was posting frequently, they cannot sell cheaply in India and have the cheap imports flood markets that can support the higher price, this means a relatively high price in India, but that is obviously the correct decision. Selling only 10k units in India instead of 15k but selling 75k units in UK at full price instead of 50k full price and 25k cheap imports is a no brainer

Exactly. Price it at an exclusive price-point and you get the right people paying the right price. Since it's already known the games don't drop drastically in price across their lifetime, then you can be reasonably assured that you'll always have access to the product for a world-standard price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread