Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, if BigAnt/TruBlu decide to not support the Indian market, the game would still be available on Steam right?

@PatWhat they are doing us making sure it's available there in limited numbers for consoles

Actually, no. @Ross just mentioned they have shipped more disks to India than the total sales of FIFA 14 (which was 10,000 copies as per @Ross himself)

More importantly, as @Ross said back in 02 when he was posting frequently, they cannot sell cheaply in India and have the cheap imports flood markets that can support the higher price, this means a relatively high price in India, but that is obviously the correct decision. Selling only 10k units in India instead of 15k but selling 75k units in UK at full price instead of 50k full price and 25k cheap imports is a no brainer

Yes, I don't expect them to sell it in India so cheap that people from other countries can import it for less. However, pricing it at par with other countries (I have heard 45 pounds in UK and I saw an Australian retailer selling it for AUD 75) is not the right approach IMO. This whole point will be moot if the game does indeed sell at the street price of 3499 which, I think, provides a fair balance for BigAnt (since it would make imports useless) and still does not alienate the casual gamers in India.

Is this going to be available via Amazon in the UK? I've never known any game get this close to release and not have details on Amazon.

Clay, read the press release. TBA.

Actually, no. @Ross just mentioned they have shipped more disks to India than the total sales of FIFA 14 (which was 10,000 copies as per @Ross himself)

You get that's not many, right? That's his point.

You get that's not many, right? That's his point.

Agreed. But I would much rather they sell 15,000 (or whatever number that may be) copies than just 5,000.

I think we would see the game being discounted pretty early in India, which would boost its sales. It might just be us initial buyers that would need to cough up the whole amount.

TruBlu/HES games are not ever discounted at RRP. If they're discounted, it's the retailers taking a hit on their stock, doesn't affect the price paid for the product because... oh, f#%k it. I give up... I'm joining Snowy on his home planet. I see a buddy-comedy sitcom type thing. I'll bring a camera...

Well it's not exactly a totally invalid point made by Pat. A game's success is always based on the number of units sold instead of the sales value. It's just that, cricket being a niche market anyways and a lot of investment going into this first game in this series, BigAnt thought it would be more viable from a long term perspective that they do not sell a single copy at a loss. I think it's a good decision for this game in particular.

you're saying the price is too high but it's close to the UK price 4299Rs = ?42.25. Might be a tad off using a random currency converter online but your moaning about nothing. what so everyone else should pay more to let India be even cheaper? NO

The price is more than fair IMO. Back the dev's, Back The Cricket game !

TruBlu/HES games are not ever discounted at RRP. If they're discounted, it's the retailers taking a hit on their stock, doesn't affect the price paid for the product because... oh, f#%k it. I give up... I'm joining Snowy on his home planet. I see a buddy-comedy sitcom type thing. I'll bring a camera...

Any discount mentioned in my posts was meant from the retailer's side only....not the publisher.

...that's what I said.

A game's success is always based on the number of units sold instead of the sales value.

Hahaha... what? Just when I'm out, you pull me back in.

Not on a launch title where you've invested a few million on an untested franchise-builder. They're not going to be setting any records with a minimal licensed cricket product. The games success will be defined by whether or not @Ross makes his money back. His best case scenario which he's spoken about multiple times is breaking even with positive reviews. Profit would be a spectacular result and almost assure a sequel of some sort...

You don't get profit by bargain-basementing the price in India and see all those units shipping off-shore to the UK and Australia to under-cut local sales arrangements there.

you're saying the price is too high but it's close to the UK price 4299Rs = ?42.25. Might be a tad off using a random currency converter online but your moaning about nothing. what so everyone else should pay more to let India be even cheaper? NO

The price is more than fair IMO. Back the dev's, Back The Cricket game !

When comparing prices you always take a reference point. Pat's reference point is all the other games sold on the platform in the Indian market. So from your perspective it might not be as high when comparing with the UK market, but from the perspective of the Indian market, it's pretty damn high......there is no denying that fact. If you are saying that a current gen game selling for 4300 bucks in an Indian market is not high.....then you either have no Idea about th market or you don't have much idea in general.

If you ask Ross.....even he will tell you the pricing is high as per the Indian market. Whether the pricing is fair or not is another question. I feel it's fair....other may feel it's unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread