Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the only release date mystery for me was, it being finished, why they ever originally planned to release after ashes 13 initial date - would have thought first mover advantage was a biggie.

Both those quibbles were answered really by a)necessity of day one patch and b)that aus is projected to be more profitable than UK which I would not have thought.

Once those issues were clear it's obvious that the Aus season will be the target. I guess they will want release before the Ashes starts, as Ross said potentially the series could be dead by Dec 17 and interest will inevitably wane by then. So they will target build up - I guess they will want Aus back from India and England arrived. 2 weeks before first test I guess so announcement before then.
So 2 weeks from Nov21 for release, 3 weeks before then announcement: next week then.

Jeez relax all i was doing was a discussion on release dates, no need to act like big ant's biggest ass kisser. Umm if i remember GTA 5 had announced its release date of September 17 around Jan-Feb?

lol - GTA V was delayed six months :)

Ok, so you're the never been wrong kid.... I get it.

Lol, ok so let me get this straight. All i do is just ask why you differ from alot of other devs in announcing a date for your games and i get biggs trying show off that he is some sort of marketing genius that knows your company in and out and twerpy comments from you. Cmon Ross, im a big fan dont be like that, dont treat me like some of other idiots that have joined up on this forum in the last few weeks/months. Ive been here since 05, ive got a big passion for Cricket games.

Last edited:
That's a good idea... Ross why not say release date is next week, then next week say its been delayed or better yet don't bother to say anything, leaving everyone confused, certainly dont release screenshots or videos, thats just ridiculous, that's not the way marketing should be done!!

All i do is just ask why you differ from alot of other devs in announcing a dates for your games
Big Ant's last two sports games:

Rugby League Live 2 - Announced 19th September for 11th October - 22 days
AFL Live - Announced 27th March for 21st April - 25 days
and when it doesn't work we will probably change things...

That's all the explanation I think that's needed - it works for them therefore it doesn't matter what other games do.

You don't remember when they announced the release date when you're in the shop buying the game.

That's all the explanation I think that's needed - it works for them therefore it doesn't matter what other games do.

You don't remember when they announced the release date when you're in the shop buying the game.

Yer i get it works for them but i just want to understand why. What advantages it has over announcing the release date when the game was first announced. Im just trying to have a discussion here and everyone turns on me like im balkeet or naveen or whatever those trolls names were.

Yer i get it works for them but i just want to understand why. What advantages it has over announcing the release date when the game was first announced. Im just trying to have a discussion here and everyone turns on me like im balkeet or naveen or whatever those trolls names were.

Because factors such as competitive change, development problems etc. mean they might not hit a date announce even 6 months ago, let alone 12,18 or more. No announced date means no official 'delay' or crying foul. They also don't have a license like ashes where they have an obvious window / it's a self funded title they can release without other pressures.

Some of the coyness around release is a little grating at times, but if you analyse it it's reasonable, logical and the issues around it are fully explained

What advantages it has over announcing the release date when the game was first announced.
  • Not giving the extra assistance to their competition?
  • Ross enjoying laughing at the reactions while polishing the discs in the stack of copies in his office?
  • Less pressure on development windows?
  • Wanting the flexibility to decide to go back and add more stuff into the game based on our feedback?
  • Being cautious about when to release a game that has been four years of work based entirely on your own funds?
  • Trying to pick the right shade of green for the box?

Because factors such as competitive change, development problems etc. mean they might not hit a date announce even 6 months ago, let alone 12,18 or more. No announced date means no official 'delay' or crying foul. They also don't have a license like ashes where they have an obvious window / it's a self funded title they can release without other pressures.

Some of the coyness around release is a little grating at times, but if you analyse it it's reasonable, logical and the issues around it are fully explained

i guess so, i dont know, to me personally it was just a bit weird how they said they had a finished game around July and not have a release date/window for it but i guess if Ross doesn't want to discuss it any further i wont keep trying to discuss it in a thread that is about discussing the release date.

I hope those metal box editions are well coated, don't want a rusty copy!!! Plenty of brasso to keep em pristine!!!!

i guess so, i dont know, to me personally it was just a bit weird how they said they had a finished game around July and not have a release date/window for it but i guess if Ross doesn't want to discuss it any further i wont keep trying to discuss it in a thread that is about discussing the release date.

He has a window. Q4 2013.

He has a window. Q4 2013.

Actually what i meant was which month at least.Whatever though i guess Ross cant/doesn't want discuss it, and everyone comes on here to defend Ross like i am trying to attack him when all im doing is just asking questions. Why is thread a Q & A? Should just be a sticky saying RELEASE DATE IS NOT ANNOUNCED, HERES WHY, then let Biggs go on with his crap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread