Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread function is to contain this release date discussion and the forthcoming announcement. You read no good, Naveen.

no need to act like big ant's biggest ass kisser...

Citation required. Fact Check: You'll find I was their biggest critic to begin with.

I wasnt the one that brought up GTA 5, it was Biggs:p

Context required. Fact Check: It was in relation to your nonsense release date position that many games, if not the majority, are announced without release dates (and many miss them, much like films)

Ok, so you're the never been wrong kid.... I get it.

...annnnnnnd there it is. Good day, sir.

The thread function is to contain this release date discussion and the forthcoming announcement. You read no good, Naveen.

Citation required. Fact Check: You'll find I was their biggest critic to begin with.

Context required. Fact Check: It was in relation to your nonsense release date position that many games, if not the majority, are announced without release dates (and many miss them, much like films)

...annnnnnnd there it is. Good day, sir.

You do know that GTA V announced their date in January. Release Date discussion? Oh is that what is going on? I thought it was just me asking perfectly normal questions and getting answers from someone so far up his own his ass he thinks he works at Big Ant Studios.

I always know I'm in the wrong when the other guy starts up some lame-name-calling...

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR.

I always know I'm in the wrong when the other guy starts up some lame-name-calling...

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR.

Lame-name-calling? coming from the guy who called me naveen...:facepalm

----------

By the way found a good comparison. Heres a game which practically has little to no brand recognition, so it is less known than someone like Don Bradman.

The Guided Fate Paradox.

Never heard of this game, im sure alot of people have never heard of this game so it has even less brand recognition yet even it has a release date. That was announced, get it, in August.

The Guided Fate Paradox.

So you wanted some context, there it is.

the problem is, your questions have/had some legitimacy, but the majority if not all of them have been answered so it's now down to wilful obtuseness that you don't "get it"

big ant / tru blu have a history of short window between announcing release date and release
they don't have a big budget to sustain a campaign over months
they have "finished" the game but working on a patch as well as updating CA which is integral to the game.
they believe aus will be the most profitable market so build release strategy around the aus season
there is a competitor product with a lot of uncertainty around it and it has resulted in some changes to the window for this product

all of this information was out there on the forum before you posted anything today, you could have found it. even after posting stuff today you have had all of these things pointed out to you, but are still somehow unable to get your head around any of that.

if it ain't trolling, it's a darn good impression.

the problem is, your questions have/had some legitimacy, but the majority if not all of them have been answered so it's now down to wilful obtuseness that you don't "get it"

big ant / tru blu have a history of short window between announcing release date and release
they don't have a big budget to sustain a campaign over months
they have "finished" the game but working on a patch as well as updating CA which is integral to the game.
they believe aus will be the most profitable market so build release strategy around the aus season
there is a competitor product with a lot of uncertainty around it and it has resulted in some changes to the window for this product

all of this information was out there on the forum before you posted anything today, you could have found it. even after posting stuff today you have had all of these things pointed out to you, but are still somehow unable to get your head around any of that.

if it ain't trolling, it's a darn good impression.

Thats where alot of people dont get what im talking about. Im not going on about their campaign, and saying it should be going for months and should have started in August. Im talking about an announcement of a release date and asking simple questions as to why they believe announcing the release date 3 weeks before is a better strategy than announcing a release date 3 months before (like other devs usually do). Or even why it is even considered a strategy? I already know all the things you mentioned.

So asking questions which havent been answered is trolling?

Last edited:
The game will be here in 2013.

^ First post in the thread

We're arguing over a few weeks either way at this point. Everything points towards a late October/early November release not least the start of the second Ashes series. You've got everything you need to work out the release date without it actually being stated.

Thats where alot of people dont get what im talking about. Im not going on about their campaign, and saying it should be going for months and should have started in August. Im talking about an announcement of a release date and asking simple questions as to why they believe announcing the release date 3 weeks before is a better strategy than announcing a release date 3 months before (like other devs usually do). Or even why it is even considered a strategy? I already know all the things you mentioned.

So asking questions which havent been answered is trolling?

It's been answered - the actual date can shift, as it did with GTA V, and by not announcing a date until they are absolutely ready they avoid the clusterf### that AC13 became.
They've done this in the past with other games, it worked so they don't need to change. If it stops working, they will change.

All this is clearly explained, repeatedly. What bit of it do you not understand?

That's why people shout troll, cuz it's politer than saying you must be as thick as pig s##t if you can't read what's been said pretty clearly or can be understood with the minimum if comprehension of what's between the lines.

I don't think you have asked a single question that hasn't been answered many many times already (apart from what is the release date and that has been asked extra to make up for it).

I never once asked what the release date is, go look. All i asked is about their strategy of announcing release dates 2-3 weeks before release and just trying to figure out (from Ross) why he thinks thats a great strategy.

----------

It's been answered - the actual date can shift, as it did with GTA V, and by not announcing a date until they are absolutely ready they avoid the clusterf### that AC13 became.
They've done this in the past with other games, it worked so they don't need to change. If it stops working, they will change.

All this is clearly explained, repeatedly. What bit of it do you not understand?

That's why people shout troll, cuz it's politer than saying you must be as thick as pig s##t if you can't read what's been said pretty clearly or can be understood with the minimum if comprehension of what's between the lines.

More pathetic name calling. What has this forum become:facepalm. Yer dates shift when devs enter problems during the dev process not when a game is supposedly finished, like this one has been since july.

I never once asked what the release date is, go look. All i asked is about their strategy of announcing release dates 2-3 weeks before release and just trying to figure out (from Ross) why he thinks thats a great strategy.

If you didn't consider that answered already do you consider it answered now?

Regarding the release date, I also have a couple of questions. I understand Ross might not be able to answer them at this stage but I would like it very much to have the answers at some point, even if it is after the release.

1. As Ross believe (and many PC members as well, including me) that for DBC'14, Australia is the biggest market to target. The previous 'before October' release, though, was targeting the Ashes campaign in England. Would it be a mistake?

2. If Ashes 2013 would have been released as it was expected to be in July, then DBC would be the one coming after that. Did BA think it was okay if the released the game after the other game? Do they still believe that it doesn't make any difference who releases the game first?

3. The before October release (if it would have been achieved, assuming the 'other factors' never interrupted) wouldn't the announcement of the release data /game release would clash with the AFL/Footy seasons? (I don't know anything about the other sports that you guys have been talking about the forums, so my apologies here) But I do know that they have recently concluded I guess and now the focus is shifting back to the Aus domestic season. What would've been the case if it was the before-october release date?

Note: No, I'm not repeating that before October fiasco. I know we've discussed it and I truly support what BA is doing right now, i.e. not releasing the game. If anyone has misunderstood my questions, I ask them to read them again. These are purely for informative purposes.

----------

More pathetic name calling. What has this forum become:facepalm. Yer dates shift when devs enter problems during the dev process not when a game is supposedly finished, like this one has been since july.

Day one patch; CA Issues; uncertainty regarding competitor... History of short window and it works for them...

ALL those reason which you continually to wilfully ignore? And expect the forum to treat you with respect?

I call a spade a spade. If you can't understand all the explanation of the window - history, budget, competitor, game being finished/locked not meaning development is finished - you are, unequivocally, a troll or as thick as pig ----. I am a polite guy so you can choose which cap you prefer to wear.

Day one patch; CA Issues; uncertainty regarding competitor... History of short window and it works for them...

ALL those reason which you continually to wilfully ignore? And expect the forum to treat you with respect?

I call a spade a spade. If you can't understand all the explanation of the window - history, budget, competitor, game being finished/locked not meaning development is finished - you are, unequivocally, a troll or as thick as pig ----. I am a polite guy so you can choose which cap you prefer to wear.

Mate im not really asking you to be honest, i was actually asking Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread