Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, totally agree. It's way better to be the guy that rags on him for doing it. Cheers for your valuable insight... Definitely the higher ground, you muppet.

Oooh be quite you, you're boring this thread was clearly made to keep all the stupid moronic people asking about release dates away from your bad jokes right? so it just amuses me that you and your friends are the most active in this thread so yes I was indeed correct in saying that I wouldn't really call it patience. but I understand you have to stick up for your buddy, you jackass

here's some photoshop too, so awesome! :lol all in good fun of course :)

o9radNu.png

anyway on topic, so the chances of this game coming out this year how now narrowed out?

Last edited:
We've known the game is coming out in 2013 for months now...

We've known the game is coming out in 2013 for months now...

But from what some of you guys have been posting it seems that if the playsession is 7th nov then surely that doesn't leave much time to release/advertise the game to get ahead of ashes? assuming ashes releases in november, what if they start their advertising early then won't that put DBC at a big disadvantage?

I haven't read through all the pages yet so maybe I missed something

EDIT: Didn't ross say we'll see the whole game this month?

You only have to read this post and page 114 to know what is going on

Last edited:
That just tells us when the playsession is, ross said we will see the full game in Oct which could mean videos/screens what have you from them, neither the 1st post or page 114 clear that up?

Ross said we will have a few minutes of videos (all together) soon.

That just tells us when the playsession is, ross said we will see the full game in Oct which could mean videos/screens what have you from them, neither the 1st post or page 114 clear that up?

Extremely selective memory right there....he said we would see the full game via the play sessions

@israr I think there is already minutes of videos already, and more will come from the playsession for sure.

----------

Please stop flogging dead horses, it's akin to disregarding Ubisoft's delay announcements today, waiting until the delayed Ubisoft games were *meant* to be out and then asking where are they?

if AC13 releases, surely it has to release on or before 21st Nov, the date of the first test. any later and it will just be ridiculous.

but DBC won;t be released at least until the 8th Nov, if the play session on 7th is the "premiere". more likely it would be 14th to fit in with Aus release. so at the absolute best, it gets 1 week of sales. (If AC13 releases after 21st, but still in Nov, they have 2 weeks. If it doesn't release in Nov I assume it won't release.)

i cannot for the life of me understand that... first mover advantage is huge, especially if you expect your competitor to low ball you on price, you HAVE to get out before them and establish yourself as the quality product (this is not video game specific, it's basic commerce).

to me, DBC should be releasing end of Oct/early Nov. The cricket season is in Aus, the Eng team si in Aus and playing tour matches, the buzz is starting. When the buzz reaches it's max in the lead up to the 1st test, your product is on the shelf and established.

Also, Aus is considered the most profitable market... I imagine the buzz will be big there leading up... but what if they get spanked in the first test, buzz declines, interest in a cricket game declines and you got what - 1 or 2 weeks of peak interest in your most profitable market?

just seems strange to me. I know I am not party to all information, but I get the impression it's almost been "over thought".

You made some very good points here and I fully agree, would be cool to get insight on this

well, i make no secret of the fact of being very impatient to play, but i also want this to succeed, i am keen to understand as much of the strategy as Ross is able/willing to reveal (i am always keen to learn anything, literally anything), and finally, realise goodwill is finite and don't want it squandered

----------

first test started on 23rd that year...

That's really funny as someone a few days back was also keen to understand the release strategy but got ripped on by you and a few others if I remember correctly :thumbs

Extremely selective memory right there....he said we would see the full game via the play sessions

Woah sorry I don't remember what he exactly said just remember him mentioning October but okay that clears it up

@israr I think there is already minutes of videos already, and more will come from the playsession for sure.

----------

Please stop flogging dead horses, it's akin to disregarding Ubisoft's delay announcements today, waiting until the delayed Ubisoft games were *meant* to be out and then asking where are they?

I haven't visited the forum for a few days and it didn't say anywhere what the change of plans were + i didn't know you meant playsession when you first said october I thought you meant general videos and such being shown.....

That's really funny as someone a few days back was also keen to understand the release strategy but got ripped on by you and a few others if I remember correctly :thumbs

Conveniently, you didn't bold the key difference between what that other member was asking for, and what blockerdave was asking for

i am keen to understand as much of the strategy as Ross is able/willing to reveal

There is a difference between 'tell me everything' and 'tell me everything you're allowed to tell me'

Not at this time, no.

Conveniently, you didn't bold the key difference between what that other member was asking for, and what blockerdave was asking for

There is a difference between 'tell me everything' and 'tell me everything you're allowed to tell me'

Not really, I don't understand what it is do questions have to be asked in such a manner or if not they are deemed rude/offensive? I don't think so, we are the customer we're obviously going to ask questions it's like asking ross anything in your eyes should be done with a royal greeting (no offence to ross), that member clearly didn't have the best english and he clearly stated he wasn't asking for the release date he just wanted to know what the thinking behind the marketing was...he never said tell me everything or demanded in a rude way imo

it's like the pot calling the kettle black around here

I would have loved to see the play session in US, but these people here don't even know the game. :(

One shocking fact is - Huge set of people in IT sector of Walmart( which is headquartered in my place ) actually know cricket because of the different vendors from India. I was surprised when one of the folks asked me on the progress during India-Zimbabwe series. :D

I suppose a positive of this is that recording devices are welcome. It shows a certain confidence in the game as we are likely to see a tonne of vids posted on youtube hopefully showing the bits people are asking for such as scorecards and actual gameplay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread