Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When GTA V was announced they all put dates up immediately and took preorders, they had no idea how far out it would be.

Amongst other things, it is in their interest to have people trade games in, which they put on the shelf and sell, against future orders.

The game will unquestionably be the best in the market. Stating the obvious, the timing of the release will be at the best possible time for sales volume and least risk to the capital invested.

It looks like this game won't be released now until next year.
I received an email from Mighty Ape saying:

Just letting you know that our suppliers have advised us today that the estimated New Zealand release date for Don Bradman Cricket 14 ~ PS3 has changed from 29/11/2013 to 28/02/2014 today.

EB Games is showing a release date of TBC 2014. :noway

Oh no, a release date with 2014 at the end of it would be devastating!!

I am still going by Ross signature, no matter what it is on the pre-order sites. :)

The ONLY Cricket game worth buying this year!

Am even now thinking to pay the shipping cost from UK like I did for IC2010 to get it to US. I got it shipped within 2 weeks for IC2010.

'Best time for sales volumes'. Admittedly knowing as little about the industry as most (not all) people here, surely that would have to mean being available for Christmas sales.

'Best time for sales volumes'. Admittedly Knowing as little about the industry as most (not all) people here, surely that would have to mean being available for Christmas sales.

Yes... Not a retail expert but I did read the other day about the biggest day for online sales (in the UK at least) is the first Monday in December - they called it Mega Monday (also Cyber Monday, in the same article). They didn't really have much explanation of why, but there was some detail about amazon's sales last year, anyway. (TBH the whole article read a bit like an advert for amazon).

I would still say, not wishing to rehash that old arguments - if ashes managed to get their game out in the next 4 weeks (i.e. before DBC, I assume) i personally do not see any way that "best possible time for sales volume with least risk to the capital invested" could equate to 2013 release. That's hunch/intuition, obviously, not the product of exhaustive knowledge or research. But a week after a "large" competitor, even if you know your product to be superior, is hardly the best time.

----------

I'm now on to my third circket biography in a month... Have done Jack Hobbs and Kim Hughes now on to the Don, so if I tip over into full blooded impatient hysteria, that's why...

(Hobbs bio by Leo McKinstry, and Hughes one was called Golden Boy by Christian Ryan - recommend them both immensely)

When GTA V was announced they all put dates up immediately and took preorders, they had no idea how far out it would be.

Amongst other things, it is in their interest to have people trade games in, which they put on the shelf and sell, against future orders.

The game will unquestionably be the best in the market. Stating the obvious, the timing of the release will be at the best possible time for sales volume and least risk to the capital invested.

That indicates Christmas release to me.

Many invaded Russia only to find the crops burned.

There are so many considerations that they cannot possibly be articulated on a forum, apart from the commercial in confidence aspects alone, retail is an art and a science in itself.

Many invaded Russia only to find the crops burned.

There are so many considerations that they cannot possibly be articulated on a forum, apart from the commercial in confidence aspects alone, retail is an art and a science in itself.

Maybe we need Dr Pomers to give us a lesson on it!

^^^^

Thats not a good sign, god I wish we could find some solid eveidence that they canned mike fegans game so we can get a release

This is strategy of not releasing any release information from ashes cricket to screw over DBC14 release plans is the major reason why i will never buy Mike fegans game!!

I was chatting to a friend of mine, he's very "big" in retail. He told me something very interesting...

Apparently, products tend to sell better when released, than when still with the producer. Makes a lot of sense, if you think about it.

----------

Here all week.

and if you sell below cost then the more you sell the more you lose.

Makes so much sense that you don't even need to think about it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread