Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That demographic is changing, my wife's 12 year old neice wanted a EB games voucher for Christmas.. and my 18 month old is a little tech head already.

Yeah, it is slowly changing and women are becoming more and more interested in video games. With so many women playing netball in Australia and New Zealand, I'd imagine it'd take some kind of marketing like an email to every netball club in Australia, asking them to print off an attached flyer and put it on their wall or distribute to their girls. It'd just be telling them it'd be the world's first ever netball game and would they like the opportunity to elbow the boys off the console for a while with a couple of screenshots alongside.

That along with a very easy first difficulty level and the opportunity for 3pt shots in another mode would make it more approachable. Guys would want to play it if you had to help the players get clean and changed after the game. :p

Come to think of it, has Big Ant or Tru Blu thought of drumming up awareness for Don Bradman's Cricket, by emailing cricket clubs throughout Australia or even New Zealand? Might suddenly have those Facebook likes up around 30,000.

I think Ross should release the game on Good Friday when every shop is closed just to REALLY rub it in! I could imagine a few break and enters into EB Games over that long weekend....:yes

Its crap. I haven't been this eager for a game in a looooooooooong time. Its all I can think about. Just to put it into perspective...cricket is the ONLY game I will listen to on the radio (ABC radio - 612 mhz with Kerry O'keefe...or used to be). Thats how much I love cricket. So when a game is due to come out which teases me with batting in the first person view (which brings back memories of opening the batting many years ago...scared $hitless), the anticipation just builds and builds and builds. *sigh*

Yeah, it is slowly changing and women are becoming more and more interested in video games. With so many women playing netball in Australia and New Zealand, I'd imagine it'd take some kind of marketing like an email to every netball club in Australia, asking them to print off an attached flyer and put it on their wall or distribute to their girls. It'd just be telling them it'd be the world's first ever netball game and would they like the opportunity to elbow the boys off the console for a while with a couple of screenshots alongside.

Women are already interested in video games though. 47% of people who play games in Australia, for instance, are female (http://www.igea.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Digital-Australia-2014-Key-Findings.pdf).

Women are already interested in video games though. 47% of people who play games in Australia, for instance, are female (http://www.igea.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Digital-Australia-2014-Key-Findings.pdf).

It goes against my case, but that survey does not differ between amount of time females spend on 'gaming' compared to males, or the amount they spend (or force to be spent). Females are still a large minority in 'hard core' gaming, or, indeed, what we'd consider general gaming. That survey also probably considered phone apps as 'gaming', which could play a large part of that number.

That said though, get my wife interested in a game (she's quite partial to RPG's), and she can totally ignore the screaming kid trying to get into her lap for an hour (it was actually quite worrying, had to put my foot down to get her out of it at the time).

Been away for a little while - seems Big Ant are taking this "By the end of January" promise down to the wire :p.

Enjoying the latest nets still though, won't be too long before we know the release date now :).

Been away for a little while - seems Big Ant are taking this "By the end of January" promise down to the wire :p.

Enjoying the latest nets still though, won't be too long before we know the release date now :).

Considering January 31st is a Friday and Big Ant tend to release CA updates then, it'd not surprise me in the slightest to see it go all the way to the wire.

One thing I'm fairly confident on, (though obviously am just guessing again) is that information will probably not release until the Wednesday 29th. I base that on my recollection of other times Tru Blu have released information on other games. So far, this week and weekend seem ruled out, and I don't remember Monday or Tuesday being days that they've released info for anything else.

seems Big Ant are taking this "By the end of January" promise down to the wire :p.

Yeah.. kinda wish I didn't take the hint that it would likely be before (well before?) the end of the month that we'd hear anything to far.. got excited for a bit of nothing really, but nothing new there.

Let's hope Ross and TruBlu have worked through all the issues with distributors.

Very clever use of words but I think it was "by February latest". Very vague, but Im sure many of us assumed "by....." meant a bit longer than a day before. Disappointment number..... ? (lost count). The word 'calamitous' was also used in the same sentence- the closer we get, the more concerned I get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread