Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Pro Cam "Sneak Peek"

After watching the vdo again and again the bowling action is just right for that kind of pace , hes hardly using his non bowling arm and there is no way one can generate 150k+ delivery without using it. I.still hope that.some tweaks to.the bowling animations can still be made , Cruz the game sounds terrific and it will be great if the gameplay backed by aesthetic beauty.

Looks absolutely fine to me. The effort in the runup, the effort during the delivery stride and finally the follow through.....you can surely bowl a 150 kmph delivery using all that effort! The animation looked quite natural to me!!!!

Well i am about to ask one of those dumb unnecessary questions now...but i can't help it.

In the pro cam view, can we hear the batsman breathe when he is exhausted or when he is in a tense situation like facing the last ball or being at 99? :p

Looks absolutely fine to me. The effort in the runup, the effort during the delivery stride and finally the follow through.....you can surely bowl a 150 kmph delivery using all that effort! The animation looked quite natural to me!!!!

It does look better compare to the bars video but still the action (talking strictly about follow through) doesn't reminiscent a 155kph bowler , its more suited to 127-133k bowler . However the runup and delivery stride all look pretty realistic though.

Well i am about to ask one of those dumb unnecessary questions now...but i can't help it.

In the pro cam view, can we hear the batsman breathe when he is exhausted or when he is in a tense situation like facing the last ball or being at 99? :p

haha .. nice one mate.. :thumbs .. I too want to know what they have to say about this ... :p

In the pro cam view, can we hear the batsman breathe when he is exhausted or when he is in a tense situation like facing the last ball or being at 99?

I thought this was used quite effectively in Fight Night; just when you are about to get knocked down all you can hear is your heartbeat and heavy breathing. I thought that was very effective in building pressure and adding to the tension.

Is there a way of knowing where your off stump is in this view, enabling you to confidently leave balls?

The stumps at the opposite end can be a good indicator of where your off stump is. Rest, with practice you would get even better with it.

The stumps at the opposite end can be a good indicator of where your off stump is. Rest, with practice you would get even better with it.

With the 360 head movement you can probably look down and see where your feet are positioned.

lol somehow I KNEW we were getting something from BA even though they were pretending nothing was happening (c'mon...it was the Don's birthday and this game is named after him).

Love the camera angle...thats exactly what you see IRL and I'm glad they're implementing it. The grills on the helmet could be a bit better though (black or steel grey or something).

I just hope that the camera follows the ball on to the bat. I know it does for a bit (and this is fast bowling) but this is more important for say spin bowling, etc.

Love your work guys. :thumbs

Man this looks difficult, I am going to make some low scores at the start no doubt

But it looks amazing!!

Having watched video again a couple times this morning, the stands on the sides of the grounds remind me of the SCG or rather Sydney Cricket Stadium ;)

Also after watching this video, I do agree that the comet trail would be necessary, and to be honest you don't really notice it. It is much less "in your face" on this camera angle.

Ross/MikeM,
You mentioned earlier there will be other visual cues to pick up the line & length of the ball but I couldn't see anything other than the trail. Is it because you took out the other visual indicators in this video or is the comet trail thingy is the only way to pick up line and length? Coz if it's the only indicator, I am afraid batting would lead to pre-mediated shots.

Ross/MikeM,
You mentioned earlier there will be other visual cues to pick up the line & length of the ball but I couldn't see anything other than the trail. Is it because you took out the other visual indicators in this video or is the comet trail thingy is the only way to pick up line and length? Coz if it's the only indicator, I am afraid batting would lead to pre-mediated shots.

There are other non-ground indicators that can be turned off in-game, this is just how people here play it, they do not have to play pre-meditated shots, you will get used to the timing and picking up the line/length.

There are other non-ground indicators that can be turned off in-game, this is just how people here play it, they do not have to play pre-meditated shots, you will get used to the timing and picking up the line/length.

Good stuff! :yes

Users who are viewing this thread