Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Pro Cam "Sneak Peek"

Well, to those guys who are complaining about the 1st person view - please compare the goodies you get with respect to the last cricket pc game you got. With only one cam view whatsoever, and just a three match limited over tournament to play with (other than the Ashes series complete with 5 tests and custom tests); you should be more than happy with what you have now. Just my opinion, I'd say let them fix the issues that pop up in the second edition of the game rather than criticizing like this.

Last edited:
The grill looks like it's drawn in MS Paint. It looks atrocious and blocky. The crowd looks bad too. When the hands came out for the shot, it felt very fidgety. The motion wasn't smooth. I really hope the gameplay will make up for these flaws or that there's better graphics settings.

I know I sound cynical, and I understand I should be happy that there's a cricket game coming out because there's never any cricket games, but I have certain quality standards now. Technology and gaming have come a long way. These graphics are subpar for 2013, possibly even sub-par for standards set 5 years ago. The implementation is horrible because grills aren't that visible when you're looking through a first person view. They don't take up half of your vision. Neither does the cap part of the grill. I'm not impressed at all. :(

I hope they work on this view. It can be really cool if it's implemented correctly. This would be an awesome 'clutch' view. Like if the game goes into this view if you are in a clutch situation - 3 runs needed off 1 ball or 4 needed off the last ball or 1 run needed for a century for the batsman or something. This view would come on and you'd hear a heartbeat in the background going 'lub dub lub dub' and the crowd being completely silent during the delivery. And the delivery being in slow motion so normal muscle memory for timing the shot right are thrown out of the equation. It would certainly make me nervous when playing the possibly winning shot.
Truly awful idea. I'd be pretty po'd if the camera changes to an angle I wasn't used to when it mattered the most. The fail of this idea invalidates your opinion on the earlier issues.

I hope they work on this view. It can be really cool if it's implemented correctly. This would be an awesome 'clutch' view. Like if the game goes into this view if you are in a clutch situation - 3 runs needed off 1 ball or 4 needed off the last ball or 1 run needed for a century for the batsman or something. This view would come on and you'd hear a heartbeat in the background going 'lub dub lub dub' and the crowd being completely silent during the delivery. And the delivery being in slow motion so normal muscle memory for timing the shot right are thrown out of the equation. It would certainly make me nervous when playing the possibly winning shot.
What is this?a sports game or some kind of fantasy rpg :rolleyes

Yet he has not made a 50 yet, I do wonder what difficulty this is on.

my top score is 165, scored off 278 balls in 1st person, I got cocky, did a pull shot that didn't quite connect and was caught at deep square leg. I missed that they had put a fielder there.

I think the 50 comment was more about what hbk had seen me doing that afternoon.

Mike/hbk, have you ever played a complete test match in this game. Does it goes on to Day 4 or 5? In previous games, game would be over by Day 2.

my top score is 165, scored off 278 balls in 1st person, I got cocky, did a pull shot that didn't quite connect and was caught at deep square leg. I missed that they had put a fielder there.

I think the 50 comment was more about what hbk had seen me doing that afternoon.
That's a pretty awesome top score, how long did it take you to rack up that in real-time? What is the speed of the game like btw? Can we play at proper real-time and literally take all day? I have been watching the threads and not noticed anything about that as I know you can skip passed it but in all cricket games so far there was always minutes trimmed off the time here and there.

It's a game so there has to be short cuts here and there, people will get bored with bowler/batsman have a 2 minute chat every couple of overs.:D

----------

Sounds great Mike, what difficulty level was this on the hardest as you must be that good by now. Thanks.

It's a game so there has to be short cuts here and there, people will get bored with bowler/batsman have a 2 minute chat every couple of overs.:D
Yeah that is pretty obvious, though I do wonder how it works thats all :)

Wow...that's a great top score. Looks like you had to earn every run as well, seeing the number of balls faced.

Just wondering, what would be your fastest 100 or even 50?

Also if you could share your best bowling figures :yes

That is something I had waited for, you telling us your high score. Sounds damn realistic. :)

A suggestion (if it's not too late else for future reference) in first person camera view make the grill blurry like depth of field effect ... :cheers

You cannot do first person bowling - it's not a technical issue - it's an issue with throwing up do to the camera movement!

Ha ha...:lol

But still I would absolutely love it to feel the rhythm and watch the ball go zing from the first person view while bowling in the next iteration....The camera doesn't have to be necessarily shaky...just what a bowler sees through his eyes..

It would give almost the same pleasure as it gives to Steyn when he beats someone with his pace and swing...

But this is also a fact that if anyone can do it then it's only your team...

PS:Ross, you seem to not response for the questions regarding first person view while wicketkeeping...I wonder why :spy

I haven't played much with a helmet on but if my memory serves, the upper part(brim) of the helmet I think is maybe blocking(the view) a little more than what it should...

Not much, but the black portion should be a little less..I have marked how little in the image below..The black portion shouldn't be below the red line, the shape however is perfect...

Or maybe the grill but the view from that cam can be better...:yes

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2013-08-29-11h30m21s13.jpg
    vlcsnap-2013-08-29-11h30m21s13.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread