Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Cover Revealed!

smasta

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Highlighted part certainly need some work. On bigger picture we can see some shoddy Photoshop work.
139115-6b4c1eb23cc6aff5ff47d35d5e782839.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.gif
    Untitled.gif
    91.4 KB · Views: 217

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Highlighted part certainly need some work. On bigger picture we can see some shoddy Photoshop work

Ever heard the term "constructive criticism" before?

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
I seriously don't know why that even matters?!
Someone who has never heard of DBC, and sees this cover for the first time, will not be turned off due to some 'shoddy photoshopping'. They will never notice anything on a store shelf. I for one still can't see anything that bad with It.

Those of us on here will be playing the game and not looking at the cover.. so what is the purpose of the constant nitpicking about a cover! For gods sake, lets just accept it for what it is.. a cover! Its not gameplay, its not a feature.

The fact that we are all talking about it, means it's drawing our attention. Which I imagine is exactly the point.

smasta

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I did not want to write an essay on the cover. That's why my comment was brief and to the point. First of all to clear any doubt, I am huge fan of BA and DBC since its inception time during previous version. Second I never said I do not like the design or idea of the cover but when go out to gaming world at the highest level, everything comes under scrutiny as well. SO That was just my point of view. And I will not further divulge myself in the cover discussion.

I am back after a really long time and want to enjoy being on PC. Would rather prefer to read some funny entertaining and sarcastic comments from my earlier friends like Ross, snowy, blocker, funnyadit, sibi and biggs and may be some more insider informations from Mattw. :)

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Who really cares of the box when you have a high speed connection and already a good ammount in the steam wallet :D.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Who really cares of the box when you have a high speed connection and already a good ammount in the steam wallet :D.

The 80-90% of sales that will be console games at retail care...

D

Deleted member 9102

That figure is, like, soooo 2007. :)

We're trending towards just 40% at retail by the end of 2016 (although obviously this varies from game to game depending on the audience).
Games on discs/in boxes at all is rather 2007, I guess it's still necessary in some parts of the world where internet is too slow for digital download to be feasible, but I'm happy to consign games in boxes to the past. I find it inconvenient just having to open an extra client like Uplay/Origin to play a game on there and that's only a couple more clicks and a few seconds wait, there's no way I could go back to having to open cases and switch discs to play different games.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Games on discs/in boxes at all is rather 2007, I guess it's still necessary in some parts of the world where internet is too slow for digital download to be feasible, but I'm happy to consign games in boxes to the past. I find it inconvenient just having to open an extra client like Uplay/Origin to play a game on there and that's only a couple more clicks and a few seconds wait, there's no way I could go back to having to open cases and switch discs to play different games.

Not according to sales data

For EA games on PS4/XBox One digital sales are only 24%.

Digital games will amount to 30% of all sales on PS4 & Xbox One by end of 2016, says EA | VG247

And you have also just provided the most first world of problems...

D

Deleted member 9102

Not according to sales data

For EA games on PS4/XBox One digital sales are only 24%.

Digital games will amount to 30% of all sales on PS4 & Xbox One by end of 2016, says EA | VG247

And you have also just provided the most first world of problems...
Of course that's going to be the case for consoles, don't most of them only have 500GB hard drives? Install 15-20 AAA games on them and you'd be stuffed... People still need to use discs for console as the hardware provided was barely sufficient for digital distribution this generation. It's a dated ("rather 2007") and less convenient way of doing things which PC gaming left behind long ago.

And yeah that is a first world problem, but gaming is a first world activity... It's something slightly irritating that once you no longer have to deal with, it's very noticeable when you do. Imagine not having a TV remote, that would also be a similar "first world problem", doesn't stop it being a real annoyance and something you don't want.

grkrama

National Board President
I find it inconvenient just having to open an extra client like Uplay/Origin to play a game

Uplay really sucks, have it for the crew game and half the time it cant recognise the dlcs.

That said better than popping discs.

Users who are viewing this thread