Don Bradman Cricket 17 Releases December 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am excited about DB17 release on Dec 22nd and I will buy a copy for sure but at the same time I am a bit skeptical about this game after watching some youtube videos of the DB17 world premier. As a huge fan of DB14 who spent countless hours playing the game, DB17 looks less appealing than DB14 for some reason, may be because of the commentator (the main guy) he has a horrible voice and out of sync with the game most of the time :) or because of graphics and sluggish game play, something is not quite right about DB17. All I am hoping the game releasing on Dec 22nd is different than what was demonstrated in the world premier.

Yes, the game released on the 22nd will be different than a compressed to hell recording of it.

I played DBC14 for the first time in a while earlier today, and the graphics seriously just don't hold a candle to what we've seen of 17. First time I've really played since the 17 demo and it for the first time looked it's age, solely because of 17.

You can't even compare DBC14 to its PS4 version, I have both games and stopped playing DBC14 because the PS4 graphics spoiled me so ;) If DBC17 can up it a notch, it will be amazing!

I remember getting DBC 14 at least three days before the official release date for PS 3. I wonder if game will be out early again. Hoping more than wondering.

^ Imagine what it be doing to Ross.

Too many people are judging this game before anyones even played it, It's starting to piss me off.
People have played it. Those of us who were at the world premiere. And without speaking for others who were there, most of the complaints are pretty laughable to me. Obviously genuine gripes will emerge after a period of time playing, but until the game is released people should stop making complaints based on unfounded assumptions.

But the whole point of trailers and world premieres are so you can judge a game before the release that's how you decide if you're buying the game. I'm sure every one of us has atleast once looked at a trailer or preview and decided on buying it based on that.

Not playing devils advocate but just looking at both sides. The complaints are ridiculous but those are the people who are buying the product...

But the whole point of trailers and world premieres are so you can judge a game before the release that's how you decide if you're buying the game. I'm sure every one of us has atleast once looked at a trailer or preview and decided on buying it based on that.

Not playing devils advocate but just looking at both sides. The complaints are ridiculous but those are the people who are buying the product...

Trailers generally do not show anything from the in-game camera, I don't use trailers to make my purchasing decisions. They are to let people know a game is coming, they are generally nothing but marketing spin (and a great waste of resource that could be better used making games!).

Trailers generally do not show anything from the in-game camera, I don't use trailers to make my purchasing decisions. They are to let people know a game is coming, they are generally nothing but marketing spin (and a great waste of resource that could be better used making games!).

I always wonder why someone would do a cinematic trailer. It surely would cost a lot and is not representative of the game experience.

Unfortunately, like a cover star on a box, they often do more for sales than the actual content
So it's a necessity, right? I understood your point of view regarding it being resource hungry, but if that results in sales then it would be time/money well spent, wouldn't it? Or am I completing missing the picture?

Last edited:
Great trailers don't make great products... cough*Aliens Colonial Marines*cough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread