Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

You're right that most revenue comes from console, but that's because of the volume of sales - the PC sales would probably be a tenth of console sales.

I actually remember reading somewhere, that india has only sold 10,000 ps4 consoles in total, compared to the 40 mil sold world wide. Im only hazarding a guess... but wouldn't that contradict trends set in other genre games.... with the exception being a cricket game? Basically its going to have a higher % than 1/10th of sales on pc world wide because of india making up a majority cricket fans, i'd figure...

I really wanted to go on October 26.
Unfortunately it's on Wednesday and I am working. Would be great if it's on weekend.
I am die hard fan and pre-ordering on Day 1
Thanks BIGAnt

I actually remember reading somewhere, that india has only sold 10,000 ps4 consoles in total, compared to the 40 mil sold world wide. Im only hazarding a guess... but wouldn't that contradict trends set in other genre games.... with the exception being a cricket game? Basically its going to have a higher % than 1/10th of sales on pc world wide because of india making up a majority cricket fans, i'd figure...

To be fair, that's probably out of date: PC sales *used* to be about a tenth - Steam/Digital has vastly increased PC sales in general since then. I reckon for a game like DBC you could expect more like 1 in 4 is PC?

The key thing in India has always been the lack of appropriate hardware - Although there are lots of fans there, only a small percentage have the hardware capable of running it. I've said for ages: someone would sell a lot more copies in India with something scaled back to suit lower-spec machines.

To be fair, that's probably out of date: PC sales *used* to be about a tenth - Steam/Digital has vastly increased PC sales in general since then. I reckon for a game like DBC you could expect more like 1 in 4 is PC?

The key thing in India has always been the lack of appropriate hardware - Although there are lots of fans there, only a small percentage have the hardware capable of running it. I've said for ages: someone would sell a lot more copies in India with something scaled back to suit lower-spec machines.

So let me get this straight, You put the lime, in the coconut?".. haha nah sooo, is why ba decided to release the pc version of dbc 14 later than the console version, because of piracy?(ultimately not letting piraters distribute copies and/or codes for potential 'buyers')

Im not very computer savvy at all.. but cant most games these days be scaled back or forth anyway? Or is that a dev choice?

Yeah that seems like a fair guestimation, 1 in 4. I also remember reading somewhere that India has something like 900,000 steam users... I also remember reading somewhere that aus has 1,000,000 active cricket players, out of a population of 20 mil, which is "1 in 20", and if you applied that to India's steam population of 900,000 that would be 45,000 people (*at least) that would be (*at least) interested in a cricket video game. Or maybe it is 1 in 10? Whoops soz I'm on a rant ATM, in the wrong thread I know.

I'll probably go.

Matt will you be in a position to live-stream or record the gameplay event on the system that's used for gameplay? This way you will be able to adhere to EB Games' privacy clause since no person would be captured in the video.

Matt will you be in a position to live-stream or record the gameplay event on the system that's used for gameplay? This way you will be able to adhere to EB Games' privacy clause since no person would be captured in the video.
Yeah maybe set a stand focusing the TV alone into the frame and record..

If I could delay yours alone then I would.

This is a poster for RETAIL, they are not selling the PC version as it is on Steam - it is not in their interests to promote a game they are not selling. FFS what is with the negative conclusions on any given issue?!?!?!?

[DOUBLEPOST=1476838804][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes.

it was just an enquiry, last time there was an delay so thought of enquiring whether there would be any delay.No one had any negative conclusions and please go ahead if you want to delay mine being an ardent supporter of the game that would be an great gift from your side

Gameplay was recorded during the last bigant game premiere

but not from the machine / dev kit.

my recollection - could be wrong - was there was a bit (from @MattW who was not then a BA employee) recorded via phone or basic camcorder. there might have been a couple of other similar ones from other people.

there was also a guy who had a bit more professional kit and a youtube channel. he got some footage and was then prevented from continuing filming by EB themselves, not BA. as a result of that, @Ross let him do some filming at the BA office and did an interview with him.

but not from the machine / dev kit.

my recollection - could be wrong - was there was a bit (from @MattW who was not then a BA employee) recorded via phone or basic camcorder. there might have been a couple of other similar ones from other people.

there was also a guy who had a bit more professional kit and a youtube channel. he got some footage and was then prevented from continuing filming by EB themselves, not BA. as a result of that, @Ross let him do some filming at the BA office and did an interview with him.
Yeah MattW was the first to provide us with the first exclusive videos when DBC 14 premiere happened..Not sure whether he is going there as a gamer or BA crew as there's Q&A with the BA crew at EB games and people can ask questions related to the game ...

Untitled.png

Users who are viewing this thread