Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

There is some real talent on this forum: Franco en Sibi are just freakin epic!

Agreed, very clever!
I could honestly play dbc 14 for the rest of my life with Francos patch and be very very satisfied.....

I stared to type this the other day and didn't finish.

I was going to say something along the lines of if 14 was the last crickey game to be made, with the academy ect and ability to update kits and with the hack I don't think it would ever grow old! There isn't really anything game breaking for me!!

Ps: Iv just read you can play career mode as a whole team now? Bit like FIFA career?

In my opinion the grass texture looks a little dull which might be effecting the overall visual experience. This is what happened to PES. The players look amazing close up but it doesn't translate while playing the game from a different angle.

The features in the career mode are excellent. The player animations look much smoother than DBC14 and that straight hit looked gorgeous. Is there any chance BA is considering to grant bonus SP while starting the career for the guys who pre order the game?

Last edited:
here,
broadcast cam needed more close if possible...
View attachment 174791
like this 50% zoom broadcast camera.....
View attachment 174786

this one nice camera angle....
View attachment 174792

but here need some change...
View attachment 174793

also when long time spend with play only broadcast camera mostly commonly used i feel that, but it very far from players not cover its graphic details...bowling camera has minus point that focus pitch center very late so its little difficult to pickup line-length as in DBC14

This was one of the bowling cameras, not broadcast.

Ps: Iv just read you can play career mode as a whole team now? Bit like FIFA career?

That is what it looks like. I think he said we'll be granted SP according to the performance of the team. Still not clear though. I wish he had explained this further.

Are you sure? Ross already confirmed that it wasn't going to be AT PAX?

THat was the caseI'm speaking at PAX but BA aren't showing anything, however, a few days ago "Twistie" was granted a streaming pod at PAX for an hour (I think) and I've agreed to bring a dev kit with DBC17 down there for him.

(It's happened recently enough that staff at BA have probably found out about this via these posts :) )

Such a wonderful video, I enjoyed every minute of it.
Me too...sterling work there, @SibiNaayagam. It looked so good I had to stop myself recklessly trying to buy it again. I still play DBC14 every week (some weeks, every day) and have done since release. The videos are a great showcase for how good DBC14 really is (with Franco's tweak helping more than a little)...can't wait for DBC17.

Agreed. Also, it seems that the stats of the batsman/bowler don't appear when the name bar pops up on screen. Would this be added, as this has already been a part of DBC14?
That's just when there's no stats to display - for example these are mostly the first matches played for all the players in Five5 format, where on disk players won't have stats yet. When there's stats to show, they'll show.

1. What was the difficulty level of the gameplay used at World Premiere event? Was it 'PRO' or 'AMATEUR'?
It's up to whatever the users chose - I saw people changing those options before they played.

2. The length indicator which pops up earlier in DBC 17 (thanks a ton @BigAntStudios !) is shown at the same time across all difficulty levels or does it vary? E.g., will the length indicator show up earlier on 'PRO' difficulty level and later on 'LEGEND' difficulty level?
It varies depending on your batting difficulty.

----

I'm probably posting too much just by posting this - so don't ask me for any more screenshots, but just to try and rest people's fears about colour tones - here's a split screen of a screenshot from one of Twistie's videos and a shot directly taken in game.

comp.png

Yeah so I took a mental health day on account of getting too rowdy yesterday. If you guys want to release on steam in the next 4-6 hours that would be excellent. Cheers.

The twats on all the new youtube video's comment sections all seemed to have got the idea in their idiot brains that the graphics have gone downhill. From all the day cricket gameplay we've seen BA have seemed to nail the lighting and the feeling of daytime cricket.

Do these twats even realise that we haven't even seen night cricket yet? Probably where the game will truly shine, no pun intended.

Twats...

Last edited:
Last question, is the option to add Logos on grass definately out?

If I remember correctly, Ross did mention of that being considered for the next iteration, but not this one.

Users who are viewing this thread