Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

Trailer will be of original quality with full detail :)

Um no? it'll be a minute long with some B level backing track over a few stilted highlights that show nothing about the game.

Um no? it'll be a minute long with some B level backing track over a few stilted highlights that show nothing about the game.

Well, you try NOT to make one of those - Instead you have a highlights reel of all the key features and reasons people would buy the game and show it off at its very best.
But yeah - Sadly, all too often, you're right.

Well, you try NOT to make one of those - Instead you have a highlights reel of all the key features and reasons people would buy the game and show it off at its very best.
true chief..

------------------------------------------------------------

i see more people here jumping on others than keeping word in more polite manner

I hope while talking about game color people also take into account the gameplay footage is probably at a time were sun is beating down. and given that sharpness is lost in gameplay videos on youtube as evident from Mattw's screenshot, i dont think there is need to change the color much.

I think BA have the colors more or less close to reality.

Most of the edited screenshots posted here look more like a different part of the day like evening rather than better looking.

I wouldnt mind @BigAntStudios throwing in a couple of color filters more, like they did with 14 for more lush looking setups but generally speaking the color tone of the game looks realistic. It is just we havnt seen various lightning of the day wrt to time and weather depending on region i guess.

I wouldnt mind @BigAntStudios throwing in a couple of color filters more, like they did with 14 for more lush looking setups but generally speaking the color tone of the game looks realistic. It is just we havnt seen various lightning of the day wrt to time and weather depending on region i guess.

I still feel like I would want to see a bit more color depth and I think it would be best if an option of Vibrance is added along with the existing Gamma option so we can change it to our personal preference. I know we can force it from the graphics card panel on a PC but not sure about PS4? So it would be nice to see that added.

Filters though would be greatly welcome. The one improvement that can be done is probably a slider to determine how much of the filter is applied. In addition some simple filters like a blue aka cool tone or a brown aka warm tone filters would be great too.

One little feature i would like added is bit of a niche thing. Really like the fact that the length circle appears as the bowler bowls.

But as some one who finds no circle better for picking line as the ball comes to bat, is it possible to make the length circle just blink for a second at the start and then vanish as an option, i can live with the current setup but having that option would be cool to have.

The twats on all the new youtube video's comment sections all seemed to have got the idea in their idiot brains that the graphics have gone downhill. From all the day cricket gameplay we've seen BA have seemed to nail the lighting and the feeling of daytime cricket.

"If it smells like shit everywhere you go, check your shoes".

The graphics have improved (the textures, especially) no doubt. But there's no denying shading and lighting is quite flat. There's no self shadowing, no reflections and no bump/normals. Aliasing is pretty noticeable on the stadium geometry too, time will tell what AA options are.

It's not something I'm fussed about, but lets be real here this isn't a 'graphics' game.

It's not something I'm fussed about, but lets be real here this isn't a 'graphics' game.
Nicely put mate! We should be happy about the features of the game , may be graphics isn't one of them! But i like what i am seeing graphics wise! It could have been better surely!

Reactions: DAP
I just edited the picture which mattw posted...if the grass looks like this the overall feel of the game will be super. :)

Edited one

comp copy.jpg

Original

comp.png

Aliasing is pretty noticeable on the stadium geometry too, time will tell what AA options are.

This is the biggest gripe I have with the visuals, and was in DBC14 too. Just 4x MSAA would drastically improve the look of the game (particularly stadium geometry as you say) at 1080p but it's not an option.

The only thing you could do in 14 to fix it, was to render the game at a higher resolution and downsample it to your monitor resolution - I did 3000x1688 down to 1920x1080, here are a couple of examples of the difference it made;

Fgxn0zS.png

wXwsHSc.png

This is an inefficient way of doing it though compared to MSAA, and only really playable for people who have quite a high-end GPU - I still got 60fps at that res in 14 but likely won't with the other visual enhancements in 17.

I'm confident that the colours will be fine in the game, the textures seem excellent and I won't judge other visual effects/lighting until I have it running on my own PC rather than watching video... I thought DBC14 was a nice looking game downsampled, on par with most other AAA sports titles.

Users who are viewing this thread