Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

what i want in dbc 17 from blic 05 is pace in bowling
ball must go fast...

The wicketkeeper jumping about and not anticipating the line of throws doesn't look great (wasn't this the same in the unpatched DBC14?) but when the ball hits the bat this game is beauuuutiful.

People who can't see that this is a vast improvement on DBC14 even with 2 human players playing a pretty average match need their eyes polished!

Okay, I have no problem with the game's grass, and this is something which is very easily adjustable

But, am I the only one who feels the animations, especially that of the batsman feels a bit heavy. Great improvement from DBC14, yet I still feels like it looks a bit heavy and slow.

On the top down view when the ball is heading to the boundary, what's the big red ball on the boundary symbolizing? That it's going for six?

On the top down view when the ball is heading to the boundary, what's the big red ball on the boundary symbolizing? That it's going for six?
From my understanding it's the place where the ball can be caught...In the latest video you can see a shot went in the air and you can see the big red ball thing there but the fielder takes it on the bounce..

From all the videos that I have seen of dbc17 the gameplay looks awesome
hands down the straight drives are the best of them
the only nitpicks I found was the animation of wicketkeeper
too much diving and really would like to know that whether in this dbc version wicketkeeper flicks the bails off in a flash or like the dbc14 one would take time?
also I would like BA to please look into the animation of backfoot shots
whenever a backfoot straight drive is played the player has to first get his body behind the line of the ball and then hit the ball but in the gameplay videos it looks as if the batsman shifts to his right and the bat is hanging out from the body when playing the ball
technically it would definitely result in edges or chopped ons
also for the users complaining about the dull graphics and for those trying different screenshots for changing the graphics the only solution that BA should come up with is to give liberty to the users to change the contrast , brightness , sharpness etc in the settings menu in the game
in this way everyone can adjust graphics accordingly
but I still think that the current graphics are best suited to play ODI and T20 cricket because if we change the settings related to brightness , sharpness etc it would become difficult to spot the white ball when playing on dry pitches that are of pristine nature
in a few screenshots that i saw if we played on them it would be difficult to spot the white ball as the colour of the pitch would merge with the colour of the ball.

Did any body notice in the latest 5 over Game play video, that the Length indicator shows up slightly later than earlier Game play videos? Is that due to a different difficulty, or batsman/bowler rating?

Last edited:
They might look the same to some twats on here and in social media land where people have to complain about something all the time. But if you zoom in you'll find that they are much different.

BEFORE THIS ****STORM STARTED I COMMENTED ON HOW GOOD THE GRASS LOOKED, especially on that pro dev kit. I was at the premiere for those who will no doubt be confused at my claims.

And way to go posting the first image you found on google of BLIC07, you'll find that is one of those fake screenshots developers did back in the day, that game did not look like that.

WE STILL HAVEN'T SEEN NIGHT CRICKET FOR FEGANS SAKE, why is this even a thing right now, twats.

No need to get too religious. Whose fault was it to release a poor quality footage as a first look. Anyone into marketing would know that they need to showcase their best capabilities to the world. Why don't they(BA) release videos of D/N games.
Anyways I not commenting on this anymore. Fanboys are going to jump on me anyways if I don't agree with them.
I'll wait for the game to be released. Also I'm sure modders would release mods which adjust the colors and lighting and stuff.

Did any body notice in the latest 5 over Game play video, that the Length indicator shows up slightly later than earlier Game play videos? Is that due to a different difficulty, or batsman/bowler rating?

mattw already confirmed the length indicator will be delayed based on the difficulty level

mattw already confirmed the length indicator will be delayed based on the difficulty level

I think this is the way to go - BLIC 2005 difficulty worked exactly this way. The harder the level, the less clues you got in the visual aids.

Users who are viewing this thread