Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

Benefit of the doubt as well as any modicum of respect he still had is well and truly gone.

Surely has to be a troll... And his Steam profile is set to private which wouldn't surprise me if it's because he didn't even buy DBC14. What a pathetic excuse of a human being... That avatar and profile picture alone should be a bannable offence, not to mention the utter **** he's been posting...

Surely has to be a troll... And his Steam profile is set to private which wouldn't surprise me if it's because he didn't even buy DBC14. What a pathetic excuse of a human being... That avatar and profile picture alone should be a bannable offence, not to mention the utter **** he's been posting...

Profile says he joined in 2008, that's quite a long game. Sleeper cell perhaps? Maybe he's from EA and they've just activated him with a new cricket game on the horizon?

DBC 14 is my biggest stress buster and so enjoyable! Never in my life would I have enjoyed a long 50 over game, if DBC 14 wasn't to be! I remember crying when DBC 14 was delayed due to AC13! I feel those who do have suggestions for making the DBC 17 better, should use a better tone to address it rather than be aggresive as if you are the boss of BA! We are lucky that BA truly cares for their fans unlike some other game devs! Sometimes it's unbelievable to see Ross, HBK and Matt being so down to earth despite the huge success for the game! Sorry for the long post, I am not trying to draw attention, but please give a BA a break! Think twice (thrice for a few ppl) before thinking about posting your 'constructive' viewpoints :)

DBC 14 is my biggest stress buster and so enjoyable! Never in my life would I have enjoyed a long 50 over game, if DBC 14 wasn't to be! I remember crying when DBC 14 was delayed due to AC13! I feel those who do have suggestions for making the DBC 17 better, should use a better tone to address it rather than be aggresive as if you are the boss of BA! We are lucky that BA truly cares for their fans unlike some other game devs! Sometimes it's unbelievable to see Ross, HBK and Matt being so down to earth despite the huge success for the game! Sorry for the long post, I am not trying to draw attention, but please give a BA a break! Think twice (thrice for a few ppl) before thinking about posting your 'constructive' viewpoints :)

Yeah. Often I see people post nonsense without any humility and then complain Ross is not acting like a CEO...blah blah. They should perhaps try talking to the CEO of EA. Well, but surely the idea of give respect and take respect has been lost on them.

Spot on,

I'd still question why your crying over a delayed game though !! ;)

I felt something unfortunate will happen and we'll never get the game *I am a pessimistic guy :(*! (interestingly, this was my most expensive and first steam game, second being GTA V on Steam)

Although I am a bit disappointed with lack of bowling animations, the gameplay looks solid. Good job BA!

I was looking at the following video:

Here are some of the things I found that I think can be improved:
  1. The wicket keeper is always slow to respond to the ball that is bowled.
    • The wicketkeeper should follow the ball the moment it leaves the bowler's hand. See video starting from 0:30 for couple of seconds. The wicket keeper does not even move until the ball hits the batsman's pad. In reality, the wicketkeeper follows the ball shortly after it leaves the ball and sort of assumes that the ball will carry to him. You can really notice this at 1:38 where the ball is going for a wide and the keeper suddenly dives sideways which sort of makes it look like as if he had lagged and suddenly came into action. You can also notice this on 4:12 where the wicket keeper looked as if he was frozen but suddenly got up to celebrate the wicket.
  2. Fielders reacting too late after a catch, example 3:34 in the video.
    • This might not be a game breaker but it is one of those pet peeves for me in a cricket game which is why I wanted to mention it. The fielder should react quickly after taking a catch and start celebrating. Maybe assume the catch will be taken and start the celebration right away?
    • Catch at 7:15 seemed like a good fielding to me but was eventually a catch.
  3. The sudden camera change at 3:44 seemed odd.
  4. Lack of movements in the fielders or the keeper, see 6:19
    • I think it would make the fielders much more smoother if they start to move around and about their ways after fielding rather than just standing still at their spot
  5. Eyeball movements (this is not necessary but I still brought it up)
    • One thing that can make the facial expressions a bit more realistic is adding eyeball movements. Right now the players just stare at one point in space so it makes them look more like statues. Maybe randomly moving their eyeballs would help but their position should not vary drastically and should not change too quickly.
(I know I kept referring to the wicketkeeper for every example but those were the best examples I could find)

The wicketkeeper is very important to get right.
It is very satisfying to get a wicket after getting the batsman out stumped which is why in my first post here at PC, I mentioned that the keeper needs to react very quickly when the batsman steps our of that crease. DBC14 was too slow in this and I barely got stumpings.

One last thing I want to mention is that when the ball carries through to the keeper, the force of the ball should push his hands back a bit after getting into the gloves. Right now it seems as if the ball had no speed to it. I know this is a very minor thing but would add those little details some of us are looking for.

I know I picked on little things here and there that not a lot of us might care about but, hey! I am an engineer and love every little detail! :lol

Hi guys I was wondering if any of the developers could explain how this Test Rankings system works exactly, I am unfamiliar with it?
It's a simple points system.

Based on the length of a test series, each match is assigned a certain number of points for a win or draw, which go towards the side's overall rating. The fixture has every team playing home and away over a cycle, so it didn't need to be any more complex than that.

It's a simple points system.

Based on the length of a test series, each match is assigned a certain number of points for a win or draw, which go towards the side's overall rating. The fixture has every team playing home and away over a cycle, so it didn't need to be any more complex than that.

Oh cool. Does the current standings affect the points allotted?

Users who are viewing this thread