Don Bradman Cricket in the Press

Thanks guys, much appreciated, need some scores to balamce out the "Fonz's" and Chunnsters of the world.

Any chance this might lead to getting a licensed Irish team? https://twitter.com/BigAntStudios/status/455869335043465216

You never know.

I would love to support as many nations as possible.

By signing up with us the smaller nations can offer their sponsors more exposure which should give them extra revenue. Plus, it is a kick to see your name up in lights, not many get to do so, not everyone can be on the PC team :)

Just added my 5 star review to Amazon UK. Hopefully a few more people from this site will give their opinions on there at some point. :)

Thank-you Ross for creating this game it is truly a gem. Just FYI i never maintained metacrictic account and especially for your efforts i created an account and just reviewed the Don and gave it a solid 9. Just doing my bit and made by friends purchase the Don on the xbox here in India:D:D as i have a ps3 so could not have given them even for the short amount of time.The repeat value of this game is unbelievable .Having my final b-tech exams from the 21 of this month but still i am hopelessly hooked on to the game.:facepalm

Review on Meta Critic

Hi Ross,

I thank for you delivering such a wonderful game post BLC 99. I love the game for the amount of effort the team has put. Even though it has bit of quirks which you are trying to fix through patches.

I appreciate your effort as well as the @BigAntStudios in satisfying the customers by supporting and resolving the some of the issues with the game with a prompt response (patch.). In short I would rate this product as a world class for the Cricket fraternity.

I have give you 9 rating on the metacritic user review. This is one way of me displaying a small token of appreciation for your product.

I hope we get to see new release of this game every year.

Regards

Santosh

Last edited:
Hoping to see some really good official site reviews go up on metacritic, so the game at least gets a proper score up there.

Also, there seem to be an invisible negative and 2 invisible neutral reviews influencing the scores on metacritic for ps3. I try and read them, but they don't appear to be there.

Hoping to see some really good official site reviews go up on metacritic, so the game at least gets a proper score up there.

Also, there seem to be an invisible negative and 2 invisible neutral reviews influencing the scores on metacritic for ps3. I try and read them, but they don't appear to be there.

Let me guess... chunnster and fonz :rolleyes

Weirdly they have split the platforms: there ARE 4 official reviews, which should be enough for a score, but NZgamer is only showing up as 360 and 2 others only as PS3. Odd. But then Metacritic is a very odd thing.

Weirdly they have split the platforms: there ARE 4 official reviews, which should be enough for a score, but NZgamer is only showing up as 360 and 2 others only as PS3. Odd. But then Metacritic is a very odd thing.

Unfortunately, you're right. It'd make sense to have them put all reviews up for both, but yes, it's not the first odd metacritic approach to doing things I've seen either.

I've corresponded with Metacritic, reallt fast responses btw, and they said IGN have said they reviewed both, I believe they only looked at PS3.

I've corresponded with Metacritic, reallt fast responses btw, and they said IGN have said they reviewed both, I believe they only looked at PS3.

Aren't reviews from sites like Planetcricket or IVG considered by metacritic?

----------

For your pleasure, here's the review by Chunnster at metacritic for PS3 version... Other than his customary rant, he did give the game a 10. Must say that caught me offguard.

Chunnster
Apr 16, 2014
Unfortunately the PlanetCricket forum (ignore any retorts otherwise - as will just be forum members / trolls) voted each others' teams top of the rankings and so you can end up with awful teams if do not have your wits about you. The 'best' teams are amateurish...tragically. BUT good ones are there!! Search the 'lowest-rated teams' or teams by "chunnster_lives_" and you will see they are the best (likenesses, stats, linked to real-life stats and in-game players, gear edited, everything done) - but they all have half a star out of five (!!!???)...
Checking the forum, this is due to them voting his teams down to him being a kiwi (the forum is australian) and not being part of the forum which thought only they were doing their (crappy) teams. His teams are BEAST though and this proud kiwi loves using them (his australian, england, india, IPL, are also all the best too and I had the beta for weeks to check and nothing has changed post-release)!!
I have all 26 teams he (her? whoever) uploaded, and playing in the Black Caps (with that team) is a pleasure... Thank God for he kept his teams up even though he got trolled (ratings -wise)... guess he puts the community first, thank goodness.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 is a magnificent game IF you love, play and/or watch cricket. It is very nuanced.... so much so that (as is evident in the IGN review), some will misunderstand the game as they do the sport. It has innumerable touches and options... maybe two bugs in total (player stats recording in current career mode and the non-striker grounding bat went sent back) to detract from a thousand golden strokes of genius... and they will probably patch that (they are good with post-game support)
I have had it for days and only bothered with career mode (after a day one slog out on amateur level world cup and so forth... also great fun) as it is so awesomely fun. The game is deep, engrossing and yet, once controls are understood and many games have been played, enormously simple and fun. See ball... hit ball!! FYI - if you are a fan of international cricket or IPL or NZ / NZ domestic.... ensure you search and download the 'chunnster_lives_' teams... or at least check them out.... using them I am so 'in the game'... I am not sure a licensed kiwi team could look better than his...SO loving it! 8-)

The best cricket title ever? EASY!! Not even a talking point... I actually think (and yes I do like cricket, but also rugby and soccer et cetera) that is one of my top 3 favourite sports titles of all-time. It is a thumping title. The way it reflects the risk / reward and situational drama of the sport is second-to-none. Highly recommended... and stick with it.... its complex and endless control system is the key to its class. NO simple button press will save your soul here!! And you will premeditate at your peril. Wish I had 'chunnster_lives_' mad skills.. I see he is also top of the career standings! Crumbs.... good creator and player! I just want to become the second part... and slowly am... slowly! ** chastising myself for hundredth sweep across the line **

I guess he's a tad schizophrenic as well :lol

Last edited:
He found us all out, school of Aussie racist fish.

Users who are viewing this thread