Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters
EB games in AUS have DBC for $99. I would happily pay this as that is what I pay for every other game I buy from there

I'm sure they'll price match the cheapest price wherever that is, they always do for me.

"and 6p" is incredibly unusual: suspect they are converting this from another currency maybe? It's also missing artwork: maybe both of these things indicating that, with only three weeks till launch, they just thought it was better to have something up there rather than nothing: it will probably change.

Yeah, thats exactly what I thought. Most PS4 games seem to get a placeholder of over £50 on Amazon before a significantly lower price closer to release.

This might be an authorised distributor? If so I figure they're guessing the price.
Yes they are ispoke to the UK distributor over Xmas & they said that Amazon & ASDA were confirmed as selling it & probably Game as well bring on 13th Feb!!!!

On a slightly diff subject. Where can i get the Academy editor as i cant find it?

Has anyone found this available for pre order on uk website? I have checked Amazon, Game and Shopto and it is not listed.

Not that I can see... But I wouldn't read too much into that: the original release was somewhat stealthy. Could be a similar thing to that where all the publicity etc is focused on the release window. Traditionally cricket games have done very little in the way of pre-orders, so I don't think it will be a big loss.
I'm guessing everything will be pointed at the point of release: some screens, trailers and an announcement of launch for retailers to go live with it maybe? The World Cup starting might hopefully give some of the media a good reason to mention it.

I agree but that price will put many off from pre ordering. Thats the most expensive game ive seen on amazon for pre order(apart from special editions)
May be some but most people who know about the game & the way amazon work will wait or pre-order. Hoping Game get sorted out soon though

A game like this needs to priced around £30. It is a great game but has a distinctly budget feel. it is not a premium product. And if the series wants to flourish then it has to do more than simply preach to the converted. there isnt any guarantee how low the price will drop on amazon. I have been buying and selling on amazon for many years and the price for this game is outrageous and it unlikely to drop by £16. This level of price for a non premium product is unprecedented and commercial suicide. The ps3 version was wildly overpriced and sold in few numbers. By all accounts some of the graphics in the ps4 version are pretty awful and the game will get quite rightly crucified in the reviews. This is partly because of the high price. A lower price will get more sympathy with the reviewers. Lets be naive. reviews count.I cant see this game dropping below £48 and that is way too high a price. This game needs sales. people will ask what they are paying for. Theres no licensing so its an entirely reasonable question. i really love this game but i really will have to think hard before paying out around £50. So if a fan of the game has to think seriously about paying such a price, how do the game devs expect to convince those who aren't too sure about the game?
All of this smacks of a lack of ambition and faith in their with the devs. If they truly believed in this game they would be much more creative with their pricing points. This game will be costing more than blockbusters like witcher 3 and the order. And i find that to be a best, short sighted and at worst its commercial suicide.

Just because it is not from a Super-Rich developers studio, it is a less premium product, i do not agree on that. EA etc tried with all their resources (Human/Finance) and look what they did.
In fact it is the only Cricket game in the Market for all the available consoles, previous & Current generation. You have no choice. But fact of the matter is , the choice is the best choice out there on all platforms including PC Gaming. Considering all these factors if you are saying the game is not premium, doesn't make any sense.
It is what it is in the market right now. And it is the Best one out there. (Including PC Gaming)

A game like this needs to priced around £30. It is a great game but has a distinctly budget feel. it is not a premium product. And if the series wants to flourish then it has to do more than simply preach to the converted. there isnt any guarantee how low the price will drop on amazon. I have been buying and selling on amazon for many years and the price for this game is outrageous and it unlikely to drop by £16. This level of price for a non premium product is unprecedented and commercial suicide. The ps3 version was wildly overpriced and sold in few numbers. By all accounts some of the graphics in the ps4 version are pretty awful and the game will get quite rightly crucified in the reviews. This is partly because of the high price. A lower price will get more sympathy with the reviewers. Lets be naive. reviews count.I cant see this game dropping below £48 and that is way too high a price. This game needs sales. people will ask what they are paying for. Theres no licensing so its an entirely reasonable question. i really love this game but i really will have to think hard before paying out around £50. So if a fan of the game has to think seriously about paying such a price, how do the game devs expect to convince those who aren't too sure about the game?
All of this smacks of a lack of ambition and faith in their with the devs. If they truly believed in this game they would be much more creative with their pricing points. This game will be costing more than blockbusters like witcher 3 and the order. And i find that to be a best, short sighted and at worst its commercial suicide.
I remember buying it on launch day for 360 and it was priced higher than other recent sports games like nba2k for xbox one. I too thought it was priced too high.

Users who are viewing this thread