Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters
An honest opinion on first thoughts a bit shocked, it just looks like the PS3 version. Is this really the PS4?
I suggest watching the stream by BGLMedia - shows off the more dynamic lighting a lot better than a day game does, it's where it makes a big jump in appearance over the old consoles.

A compressed video is always going to be worse at showing the increased detail of the game, so the more dramatic examples convey it better.

hey I am going by the video here, not making that statement at all.

I think the words "honest" and "shocked" were the key words - your statement infers the PS3 = PC version as the PS4/XB1 versions are like running on a very good PC.

@MattW 's advice is good, "honestly" check for a quality source or you'll often be "shocked".

An honest opinion on first thoughts a bit shocked, it just looks like the PS3 version. Is this really the PS4?
Once you've uploaded a video, Youtube re-encodes it and that results in a loss of quality. In my completely unbiased opinion, the PS4 version looks much better than the PS3 one. I reckon MattW has also pointed it out in his review, too.

If what you were saying was true then the PS3 version = PC version also....

That's not so much an honest opinion as an incorrect one from someone that must not have seen them side by side.

Cue everyone who has both posting side by side screenshots ad infinitum. :)

Thankyou for your response @MattW and @fiction. I watched the review suggested, there is a certain difference in quality I do agree.

I suggest watching the stream by BGLMedia - shows off the more dynamic lighting a lot better than a day game does, it's where it makes a big jump in appearance over the old consoles.

A compressed video is always going to be worse at showing the increased detail of the game, so the more dramatic examples convey it better.

Yeah cheers Matt, that shows the quality really well....the lighting is really, really well done. I posted the other one not really for the quality but the statements they were making about the game....

Is it me or has the crowd been enhanced in this version?? Looks much better than on my comp..

Its absolutely correct to complain about the price. What are supposed to do just accept it. maybe you had too many clips around your ears and its made you acquiescent. If people want thisgame to succeed in the long term then things like costing and distribution have to be sorted out. I have spoken to a variety of games retailers and not one has a good thing to say about distribution and costs. Game have found it virtually impossible to get any stocks. Lets face it they won't sell any instore at £55+ when premium games like the Order sell for much less. So costs are important if the game is to be successful in the long term. It needs to reach a wider market than those who obsess about the game on this forum. The game needs good reviews and and reviewer will factor in the price of the game when assessing it.
Do other people on here thing that £55+ is a fair price for this game? It is not an unreasonable question.

Looks good Bigant so yeah I will pick it up when the wife goes on holiday and sell the PS3 version. I do love the PC version but the screen is to small for long gaming. PS I hope Patch 3 shows up in soon but the light is a lot better. PS Been playing a lot of Dying Light of late, top game.

Its absolutely correct to complain about the price. What are supposed to do just accept it. maybe you had too many clips around your ears and its made you acquiescent. If people want thisgame to succeed in the long term then things like costing and distribution have to be sorted out. I have spoken to a variety of games retailers and not one has a good thing to say about distribution and costs. Game have found it virtually impossible to get any stocks. Lets face it they won't sell any instore at £55+ when premium games like the Order sell for much less. So costs are important if the game is to be successful in the long term. It needs to reach a wider market than those who obsess about the game on this forum. The game needs good reviews and and reviewer will factor in the price of the game when assessing it.

Just get over it mate, Bigant don't do budget games as simple as that. I do wish they got the ICC world cup licence not Disney India.

Do other people on here thing that £55+ is a fair price for this game? It is not an unreasonable question.

It is like players complaining to referees after a free kick has been awarded.....it is going to happen, get over it. As the age old soundbite says: no-one is telling you to buy the game.....me? I bought it and am still enjoying it and consider it the best game I have....worth it. Which means that at least one person is not complaining about the price which means your opinion is valid for you but doesnt mean that you are right, nor does it mean I am right. It just means we have different views....we have the right to express those views, not the right to force others to accept them.

It is like players complaining to referees after a free kick has been awarded.....it is going to happen, get over it. As the age old soundbite says: no-one is telling you to buy the game.....me? I bought it and am still enjoying it and consider it the best game I have....worth it. Which means that at least one person is not complaining about the price which means your opinion is valid for you but doesnt mean that you are right, nor does it mean I am right. It just means we have different views....we have the right to express those views, not the right to force others to accept them.
I'm not sure of the logic in that. It definitely is a reasonable discussion to have. £55 is really at the top end of the gaming market. As much as I like this game and want it to succeed, it's not really the 'premium' quality and authenticity you expect when you pay £55. I just can't see it having much of a future unless the price drops.

Good job Bigant, after watching about 25 min of PS4 gameplay it does look the best version, Can't wait for the next game guys as I would skip the PS3/Xbox360 version if it's like 2 years away. PS I would love to know how many improvements there is in the PS4 version with the light being the most easy to spot.

You're quoting the highest price, you don't have to get it from game... there's other retailers who are selling it cheaper.. Not forcing you to buy it from game. Why do you keep comparing other games to this ? This game is unique on the market at the moment. already has good reviews so you're kind of repeating the same rubbish of the last release...

I'm not sure of the logic in that. It definitely is a reasonable discussion to have. £55 is really at the top end of the gaming market. As much as I like this game and want it to succeed, it's not really the 'premium' quality and authenticity you expect when you pay £55. I just can't see it having much of a future unless the price drops.

Maybe they could do a limited offer for the world cup or something like that. PS I don't mind paying full price but I do understand some people don't want to pay $100 for a game or can't for money reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread