Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've said for YEARS: "Why wouldn't you"? Cut out the middle man. Sure people will be snobbish about it looking a bit tin pot, but that's a very old fashioned view in the digital age.
No wonder the game is barely anywhere to be seen online apart from Amazon and a few other sites. Old FunBox have done the dirty on the retailers! Haha!

Don't you think it's odd that Amazon are still listing the game despite FunBox themselves having the game listed £14 cheaper?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
No wonder the game is barely anywhere to be seen online apart from Amazon and a few other sites. Old FunBox have done the dirty on the retailers! Haha!

Don't you think it's odd that Amazon are still listing the game despite FunBox themselves having the game listed £14 cheaper?

No. Plenty of people would rather buy from Amazon because it's easy clickings and people probably already have accounts, rather than fiddle around with Ebay.
Most people won't know that it's there (the hardcore will, which is the primary audience for niche games). For those that do Funbox would take all the retailer margin back for themselves. Makes a lot of sense.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
No. Plenty of people would rather buy from Amazon because it's easy clickings and people probably already have accounts, rather than fiddle around with Ebay.
They're exactly the same...

£14 is a lot of money to some people, we're not talking a couple of quid difference in price here.

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
They're exactly the same...

£14 is a lot of money to some people, we're not talking a couple of quid difference in price here.

Yeah, £14 is a big difference. I'll definately be ordering from funbox on ebay as soon as I get confirmation my previous order has been cancelled.[DOUBLEPOST=1423061148][/DOUBLEPOST]
The delivery date for the game is listed as Feb 5! I thought the game was to be released on Feb 12th or thereabouts.

Ebay's not really geared up for pre-orders so based on the delivery method that the seller uses they are estimating a delivery date of tomorrow (assuming it would be dispatched today). It clearly says in the item description however that it will be dispatched next Tuesday (10th) which could still mean delivery as early as Wednesday 11th.

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
The delivery date for the game is listed as Feb 5! I thought the game was to be released on Feb 12th or thereabouts.
The 13th is the UK release date.

Says it at the top of the page:
***PRE-ORDER ITEM*** Current Release Date: 13/02/2015

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Ebay's not really geared up for pre-orders so based on the delivery method they are estimating a delivery date of tomorrow (assuming it would be dispatched today). It clearly says in the item description however that it will be dispatched next Tuesday (10th) which could still mean delivery as early as Wednesday 11th.

The 13th is the UK release date.

Says it at the top of the page:
***PRE-ORDER ITEM*** Current Release Date: 13/02/2015

Ok. I didn't scroll right to the bottom and was taken aback by the "Delivery" section on the page where they have listed delivery date "By Thu. 05 Feb. to the UK" along with "Dispatches today if paid within 11 mins".

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok. I didn't scroll right to the bottom and was taken aback by the "Delivery" section on the page where they have listed delivery date "By Thu. 05 Feb. to the UK" along with "Dispatches today if paid within 11 mins".

Yeah, as I said, that's just ebay. There's no way of listing something on there as a pre-order so it assumes you could dispatch it straight away and gives an estimated delivery date based on that. It's a limitation of their system that I hope ebay will rectify as it is both annoying for sellers and confusing for buyers.

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've mailed Amazon.co.uk regarding my order for PS4 stating about price & delivery date.

They just sent me the standard response about price promise etc.....

I suppose i'll ave to wait till next Thurs see if it's despatched in time for Fri13 delivery & final price

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I will apparently have information later today about retailers that will have stock - it is meant to be coming to a wide variety of stores, apparently ASDA have ordered quite a few.

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I will apparently have information later today about retailers that will have stock - it is meant to be coming to a wide variety of stores, apparently ASDA have ordered quite a few.
Thanks Ross.

I know the buyer so will ave a word see i can get it cheaper than Amazon;)

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors

Ross, any idea about when it would appear on PSN? Still no sign of it in digital world. This is one game i dont wanna sell off so I'm getting it digital and moreover, i can play right from the midnight of the release. ;)

dontboycottme

School Cricketer
"I think you're barking up the wrong tree a bit: it's a very tough job for a distributor to sell this game into stores.
The issue is that retailers don't want to stock niche games on the high street: they'd rather carry larger amounts of the AAA games and dedicate a lot of space to trade-ins. This is where their biggest margins are. If they don't think they can sell a game in good volume, then they don't want to stock it: a bigger company might prefer to stock it online-only and not on the shelves.

Picking a few key retailers and offering them exclusives and/or incentives is pretty much the only way to do it, but the key thing it comes down to is numbers: last year it was a new property which struggled to make an impact: this time will be better, next time will be better still, as reputation and sales grow."

In Sheffield the only store selling the game was an independent retailer. GAME toldme that they would not be stocking it. The price they sell at reflects the trade price they buy at. Clearly this game was unduly expensive at trade price. The reason so many stores would not stock this game was the price. It is a budget game at a premium price. Not even GAME would take a chance. The distributors set the price. I have owned my own cd business so I do know about trade prices etc. The reasons the game struggled to make an impact were the high price, the bugs, the reviews. The game was released unfinished and until the game was patched it was virtually unplayable. the run out bug was lamentable. I think this is a great game but the whole set of of release, price ans distribution is unprofessional and amateurish in the extreme. They got it very wrong first time around and i looks like they are making the same mistakes again. Yes it takes time to get used to things but they have had over a year to get this right and seem unable to do it. The price point is bizarre given the nature of the game. This year PES15 was released at a budget price in ps4 and xb1 because the public perceive it as a budget game. Consequently the game sold well. Have the devs of db14 ever heard the term, "speculate to accumulate"
And as stated previously Grainger Games are selling the ps4 version at £39.99.

Users who are viewing this thread