Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm curious since I am not tech savvy. Would Big Ant be better off releasing DBC as a downloadable game through a few trusted online distribution centers rather on disc (since there are no region restrictions anymore - especially for the Xbox 1)? I think the cost of the game would be reasonable priced and more accessible to all who wants to purchase the game. Possibility of even selling more games since its now more global with more markets. I'm in the USA and a downloadable version I think would be good for Canada, USA or even a few fans in the Caribbean. Any thoughts?

But... it IS a downloadable game on all platforms...

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have gone with Amazon.

This is not Big Ant's fault but it does look like a bit of a botched launch in the UK. The distributor should be cashing in on the start of the world cup, there will be interest from sports gamers in the UK if the game is marketed properly. At the very least there should be some point of sale publicity material at the GAME etc. Instead there is nothing, independent retailers aren't being supplied with the game. I went to my local Game store and they had to stop taking pre-orders after they reached 10 (5 for PS4 and 5 for Xbox One) as that is the stock that they have been promised. Even worse at my local Asda which one of the big superstores, they are not taking any pre-orders and according to their list for next week they are not getting the game in.

We all know that DBC is a fantastic game it is just a huge shame that the distributors are letting it down.

Me to.

Ive mailed them around price & delivery as mines saying 14.02 not 13.02 i ordered my PS4 copy mid Jan with 1st class post

We'll see what happens i guess. At least we only have 5 days till release:clap:cheers:yes

Ashnal

School Cricketer
But... it IS a downloadable game on all platforms...

Thanks Chief. I did not know it was a downloadable version. This is good news for me, since once purchase - I don't have to wait for shipping time.

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well the question is what do you prefer to play games on? PC or console?

Personally I prefer console because it's easier to pick up and play and of course nothing beats playing games sitting on your sofa in front of the big screen! :)
We can play in front of big screen while playing on PC too :)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
We can play in front of big screen while playing on PC too :)
But it's not the same! That involves connecting your laptop/PC to your TV via HDMi doesn't it? Which is extra effort :p

feddy

School Cricketer
Still no sign of pre order on australian ps store?

BGLMedia

Club Captain
The EB Games website has DBC listed for 10th FEB (tomorrow). I originally thought this is the placeholder date as the game is meant to be out on the 12th. However, EB Games Geelong say that they are releasing it tomorrow? I really want to know if the date has been brought forward or not?

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The EB Games website has DBC listed for 10th FEB (tomorrow). I originally thought this is the placeholder date as the game is meant to be out on the 12th. However, EB Games Geelong say that they are releasing it tomorrow? I really want to know if the date has been brought forward or not?

EB Games confirmed to me on Twitter that the game will be available for purchase from tomorrow (Feb 10).

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
I'm surprised no one from the UAE has made a post saying they've already got their copy.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
So they only had 45 copies to sell.

Don Bradman Cricket PS4 - PlayStation Game PRE-ORDER BRAND NEW SEALED FREE POST | eBay

wCjrE5x.png

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
So they only had 45 copies to sell.
I'm sure it's just a tactic on ebay - when stock numbers are low they start flashing up on watch lists and the like trying to push you to order it quickly.

That said, might be too much stock if that's the same number for the Xbox One version.

Users who are viewing this thread