Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Tom there must have been NC Levels when you were at school - what about the SATs, etc. everything up to y10? When teachers gave you a level 5, 6, 7 etc. - those are NC levels.

I don't think we have them in Scotland (or at least I didn't) Just Standard Grades (GCSEs) then Highers (AS) and then Advanced Highers (A Level)

WOOO...got gold in senior maths challenge...only 1 of 4 people in the whole college who got gold :)

I did that, don't know my mark yet but I know one of my mates circled the boxes in stead of drawing a line through them so he failed, well actually he got 25 because he didn't lose any marks for getting them wrong. :D

yh...lol...you got 25 just for puttin your name on or somethin didn't you...lol

They are? Never heard of the phrase NC level. It was just a predicted grade. Which was never numerical either, always alphabetised.

I'm only 20, Tom. :(

Scotland does have a different system but I am surprised that Nigel doesn't know about NC levels either.

They are? Never heard of the phrase NC level. It was just a predicted grade. Which was never numerical either, always alphabetised.

I'm only 20, Tom. :(
Key Stage 3? Year 8 and 9 of high school? NC levels?

GCSE was the first time my grades were letters.

I much prefer the GCSE grading system, it gets annoying with all the 5as, 6cs and whatnot. It's a lot easier have a simple C,B,A etc. Plus a A* looks better than a 8c :p.

Users who are viewing this thread