Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Science, top of the year I think. I think I have a 7 in English but I''m not sure. I'm in a low set for RE,everyone else got level 4s and 3s and I got a borderline 6/7 lol. Same with French and probably Music.

Science, top of the year I think. I think I have a 7 in English but I''m not sure. I'm in a low set for RE,everyone else got level 4s and 3s and I got a borderline 6/7 lol. Same with French and probably Music.

Nice, sounds like you're doing alright then. I'm a 7c in I.C.T, Science, Maths(borderline b), Geography, History and R.E I think. Then I am a 5b in Art and around the same for Music. :D

Doing GCSE fastrack P.E though.

I really hate RE. It's not that I'm narrow minded or anything. It's because our teacher is so crap and boring and that I don't want to do RE. If I know I'm not going to get a job with anything to do with that subject, and I know the main things about different views etc.

On my Cycle One review I'm predicted A's for every subject. It's kind of weird because I think I'll get a C or a B if I'm lucky in French. At least all my teachers said I was capable of reaching an A lol. My only bad thing was that my attitude to studies in German was satisfactory lol.

I really hate RE. It's not that I'm narrow minded or anything. It's because our teacher is so crap and boring and that I don't want to do RE. If I know I'm not going to get a job with anything to do with that subject, and I know the main things about different views etc.

On my Cycle One review I'm predicted A's for every subject. It's kind of weird because I think I'll get a C or a B if I'm lucky in French. At least all my teachers said I was capable of reaching an A lol. My only bad thing was that my attitude to studies in German was satisfactory lol.

Haha I had to do German at my old school for about half a year. I found it rather strange with words like calculator being tasheranrechnan or something. Looking back at it, my seplling looks atroscious. :D

I actually enjoy R.E quite a bit, strangely enough. My R.E teacher is very good and keeps us all entertained and all of us seem to be doing well. This year we have to do a short course GCSE though which means by the end of the year I should have a GCSE(or half?) in R.E. Which is going to be incredible for my future career isn't it? :p

A for everything? Bloody hell, good luck achieving that.

I've been off a lot recently so I don't know most of my grades until we get out report cards/

I like RE, well this term we were doing "Ultimate Questions", kinda philosophical and that's something I'm good at. I can't really be bothered with actually studying the religions themselves though.

I'm looking for all As at GCSE. Looking to do buisness through the rest of education, and I'll start by doing buisness studies next year.

I've been off a lot recently so I don't know most of my grades until we get out report cards/

I like RE, well this term we were doing "Ultimate Questions", kinda philosophical and that's something I'm good at. I can't really be bothered with actually studying the religions themselves though.

I'm looking for all As at GCSE. Looking to do buisness through the rest of education, and I'll start by doing buisness studies next year.

You sound a bit like me(on the second bit). I don't really find the religions themselves that interesting, maybe finding out the origins and how they came about, but not that interested really. Philosophy though is just something which is just incredibly interesting. Saying that, I'm starting to sound like a nerd...

I'm looking for mainly As too. Wanna have a competition? :p

Haha I had to do German at my old school for about half a year. I found it rather strange with words like calculator being tasheranrechnan or something. Looking back at it, my seplling looks atroscious. :D

I actually enjoy R.E quite a bit, strangely enough. My R.E teacher is very good and keeps us all entertained and all of us seem to be doing well. This year we have to do a short course GCSE though which means by the end of the year I should have a GCSE(or half?) in R.E. Which is going to be incredible for my future career isn't it? :p
That made me lol.
Yeah last year we had an awesome teacher and he made it really interesting for us. This year we have a really crap one.
A for everything? Bloody hell, good luck achieving that.

Yeah so do I but to be honest, I'd rather have an extra lesson of Maths or something.

Meh, when people who slag you off are working in Maccy Ds and you've got a nice house and car, you'll be proud to be a nerd :p.

Seriously though, it's not hard to be "popular" and be smart too. Maybe I'm just too nice and forgiving lol.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience of GCSE Drama?, cos it's something I'm probably gonna take next year.

This is just my opinion but I don't think that Art, Music and Drama can really be graded on. Any form of it is Art. If I do some scribbles, it is a form of Art. Do I get an A for that? :p

Art is pretty hard, my brother did it and he got reams of coursework. Same with graphics and music.

Meh, when people who slag you off are working in Maccy Ds and you've got a nice house and car, you'll be proud to be a nerd :p.

Seriously though, it's not hard to be "popular" and be smart too. Maybe I'm just too nice and forgiving lol.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience of GCSE Drama?, cos it's something I'm probably gonna take next year.

GCSE Drama is apparently the hardest. I'm pretty sure Rhys(w3lshrugby) got a A* in it or an A, getting 98% or something but he said it was incredibly difficult and very time consuming. You'd have to ask him that though.

Oh and I'm not saying you can't be "popular" and smart as being good at sport and being in the football/cricket/rugby team whilst doing athletics does help me not being accused of being a nerd. In a way it averts them from insinuating me being a nerd. ;)

Oh and well done finding my 'pun', Mani. ;)

You're a nerd James!

I don't really care what people think of me. Yeah some people do make fun of me but once they'll be a greasy Maccy D cleaner, and I'll have a good job, we'll see who has the last laugh :).

Well really up north the preffered term is Geek :cool:.

Yeah, being sporty sure helps your social life (Not that I have much of one at the moment.).

You're a nerd James!

I don't really care what people think of me. Yeah some people do make fun of me but once they'll be a greasy Maccy D cleaner, and I'll have a good job, we'll see who has the last laugh :).

Yeah, my life aspirations > theirs. I care too much of what people think most of the time. Not that they notice to be honest, as I'm apparently really cocky. :p

Well really up north the preffered term is Geek :cool:.

Yeah, being sporty sure helps your social life (Not that I have much of one at the moment.).

Yeah mines not buzzing at the moment as everyday i'm doing sport at school/football club at weekend and then when I get home I do my homework and then I don't really have much spare time apart from that. Saturdays are a god send.

Homework!? Lol. I'm a Year ahead of you and other than coursework, I do my homework in registration lol.

Users who are viewing this thread