Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Yeah it's not called NC levels for us either. Just different areas have different sayings I suppose. It depends what year you are in for it to be alphabeticed/numerical.

There's no Key Stage in Scotland; instead we have something called the 5-14 curriculum with levels from A to F. There is a process of continuous formative assessment throughout the first 9 years of school before pupils start to work on their standard grades (akin to GCSE) in S3.

barmyarmy added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Your old what?
It amazes me how often that contraction gets mis-used.
It's like "They're going to ride their bikes over there."

(sorry but it is the education thread :p)

Colin, in class are you actually angry or do you do it because you want discipline?(what am I talking about, Colin and discipline.:p) if you know what I mean.

That's impossible isn't it? I thought the highest you could get for English in Year 9 was 7. You could only get 8 in Maths.

Anyway for my Science SAT's paper, I got moved up a grade to a 7. It was a borderline 6 and was sent for remarking :happy.

So for my SAT's:

English-7
Maths-8
Science-7

:D

Nice one, Mani. You did incredibly well in Maths and in them all. :)

Nope apparently anyway. You can get an 8 in every subject now I think, or at least in English and Maths(plus humanities I think). I'm currently a 7b/c at the moment in Maths as well so hopefully I don't mess up too bad. I think I'm setting myself up for failure. :p

My highest level is only 7c :(.

And I've got like a level 5a in maths......I get As and A8s when I do GCSE stuff, this is kinda perverse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread