Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Life is getting better! All this tough Applied ICT work is finally finished, just need to tidy up the ebook. There's no big assignments until Christmas!

Although the only days that count at my college over Christmas are the 24th, 25th, 26th December and 1st and 2nd of January... so there will be work for everything in between.

There's no point doing AS Level and not doing A Level. AS Levels hardly get you further in any kind of job situation than GCSE's will. Besides, it'll always be percieved that you only did the one year because you couldn't handle it and weren't good enough.

I've already got my work shadowing sorted out so I am doing A2, it was never an option. I was just saying it is early to think about uni.

I thought I should let all you kids (:p) here know, AS levels are far tougher than GCSE. A lot more work than normal.

Also, all As in GCSE isn't very difficult to achieve. *cough* 8 A*s *cough*.

Pardon me, I've got a bad cough ;)

I'm still kinda worried about doing badly on my GCSEs, but my friends insist that I shouldn't worry. I'm just really competitive.

I thought I should let all you kids (:p) here know, AS levels are far tougher than GCSE. A lot more work than normal.

I disagree. They are harder but not much. It varies with the subjects I suppose.

Chemistry is a lot harder. Biology isn't a larger step up at all. Neither is English Lit.

Then again I actually paid attention/stayed awake in class a lot more for As.

You shouldn't worry about As being harder than GCSE.

Umm... ok AS levels step up much more from GCSE's where a basic understanding is enough to get you A*.

I agree though that it depends on the courses, but if your taking the classic subjects like Maths,Chem,Bio etc then

Maths and Chem are seriously on a different level compared to GCSE
Biology is in more detail too but not as hard as compared to the above

Also, all As in GCSE isn't very difficult to achieve. *cough* 8 A*s *cough*.

Pardon me, I've got a bad cough ;)

Rubbish. AS is pretty easy, it is A2 which is the killer. Bad cough you have there btw.

I'm still kinda worried about doing badly on my GCSEs, but my friends insist that I shouldn't worry. I'm just really competitive.

GCSEs are a walk in the park. Really not worth getting worked up about

Umm... ok AS levels step up much more from GCSE's where a basic understanding is enough to get you A*.

I agree though that it depends on the courses, but if your taking the classic subjects like Maths,Chem,Bio etc then

Maths and Chem are seriously on a different level compared to GCSE
Biology is in more detail too but not as hard as compared to the above

Well I did Highers up here (more difficult then AS) Chem and Bio were way more harder then they were at GCSE, and from what I heard they are a right pain in the backside for A2. Yet, ironically I know about 7 people doing science based subjects at uni and they are all saying how the first year of uni is easier then A2 :p

A combination of anger and acting ;)

So your teaching is on par with how you moderate? ;)

A suprisingly large amount of singing in fact. Not sure it would work in High School...

"I believe I can fly....." *Bottle of Bucky wizzes past Colin's head* ;)

Well, I'm doing Edexcel AS for Physics and Chem after doing Camebridge IGCSE for them, so it is a fair step up.

Maths though, much, much tougher than IGCSE. I like it, but you do need to revise and practice a lot to keep up as we are learning a lot more in a shorter frame of time. Not impossible, just more work.

Problems arise when you shout at them and they don't go quiet...
One we all try to avoid.
I must admit I've shouted at people to get them to be quiet before - and I'm not even a teacher.

I just wish they got better when they got up to year 10 really.

Users who are viewing this thread