Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you can get a good couple of paragraphs or so done with full concentration the rest may just come.

Good luck haha.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Well, its 3:07AM and i've got about 2 paragraphs to go. Hopefully I can finish before I usually wake up :p.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Writing a resume for Social Studies. The first one I've done. Can't figure out the ideal layout. Any thoughts?

Sureshot

Executive member
You're not really going to have anything to put in to a resume, being 14.

I go:

Personal information (Name, address, e-mail, etc)
Qualifications
Education history
Working History (Your roles and responsibilities and where you did it, etc)
Personal biography (just a little bit about yourself)

I'd do a little heading for each. Try to bullet point if you can, CV's/Resume's should catch the eye of the reader, so don't babble, but make it readable. No fancy font's or dodgy colours. It should be a presentation of yourself.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
This is what's on my resume:
Name, grade, address, email, phone

Small biography.

GPA (Grade Point Average), ACT Scores, SAT Scores, AP test scores (main standardized tests, you probably haven't taken yours yet), class rank

Extra Curricular activities
Volunteer Experience (location + number of hours)
Work Experience
Sports
Leadership positions
And any other clubs/organizations you are a part of.

And of course a few recommendation letters will be attached with the CV.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Managed to mention cricket, Sachin Tendulkar and Ian Botham in my English GCSE Mock today. I feel so creative. :banana2

Highlander999

ICC President
Wow, I failed my first uni assignment today :( Technically, it was because I forgot to staple my bibliography to my essay and that if I had it there I would have got 85% but still......:(

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
AS Accountancy in the first couple of months has been a blast! Got 20/27 in the first assessment point (1 mark off a B) and despite it being challenging at times, I am fully understanding the work being set.

SCORE! :banana2

Sureshot

Executive member
I got another unit signed off for distinction last week. My first year will end up something like 4 distinctions, 3 merits, 3 pass. Which works out at 126 UCAS points, which means excluding my 2nd year units, I've already got a PPP in the qualification.

Indeed, so I need to get something like 6 merits and 2 distinctions this year to get MMM, which is what I want.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Second exam of uni tomorrow, only worth 5% of the module though so it's not exactly massive.

I need to write up two labs for 12 tomorrow, too. And I was in work till 3 last night/this morning. Busy stuff.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Physics exam tomorrow. I am quaking in my metaphorical boots.

I absolutely beasted this exam. Got a 121%, 364.5/300 or something like that. I brought my class grade from a pretty bad 81 (B-) to a solid, convincing A at 96%. :)

I fear losing it tomorrow though. Have another test and I am not prepared at all. I studied for like 9 hours straight the day before for the last one.

Sureshot

Executive member
Makes perfect sense, it's a grade buffer. Allows those who didn't do well in earlier exams to boost up their final grade so that the college/school/university don't look like having crap results.

Most you can get in any exam is 100%. Period.

We got the day off college today due to a power failure. We went shopping and had several pints at a pub with lunch.

It's research don'tcha know!

Spinksy

School Cricketer
I have a Maths Yearly on Friday. Although I basically know all I've been taught throughout the year and remember it, I'm packing it. Being nervous ftl.

Users who are viewing this thread