Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Oooh! Oooh! MACBETH! That was fun.

Or Taming of the Shrew. Or Midsummer's Night Dream. Both funny.

What's with this talk about the School Certificate in Australia to be scrapped from next year on? Is it true or not because I'm Google'ing but I'm not finding anything.

King Lear is very hard. He'd become a much better playwright when he wrote King Lear. Macbeth or Merchant of Venice is your best bet.

Do Dr Faustus.

If told that's not a shakespeare play go off on one about conspiracy theories about playwright's off the era being thieves etc.

Today was the first day of IGCSE's.
My Chem practicals went quite good.I got the correct salt.
My Language surprisingly went quite good and the writers effect was comparitivley easy.
Got Maths 2 tomorrow.....

What's with this talk about the School Certificate in Australia to be scrapped from next year on? Is it true or not because I'm Google'ing but I'm not finding anything.

Yep I heard about it too.

According to my teachers, the reason they want to scrap School Certificate is that students are staying no longer in school and seeing the value of needing to complete Year 12.

Last edited:
Just finished the first draft of my extended essay! Yes!!!!

Had my English GCSE Paper 1 today. I thought I did quite well but the questions were rubbish. The one about facts and opinions was really hard because there weren't any facts in the text! I reckon I did really well on Section B though. I chose persuade even though the question was rubbish. It's the only one the teacher has gone over properly. Persaude the school governers to leave the school open in the evenings...

Just getting around to tidying up a couple of units from last year, looks like my 1st year results will be: 4 Distinction, 3 Merit, 3 Pass.

Going for all Merits/Distinctions this year, then I need to sort out a management training scheme position.:banana2

It's currently 1:20AM and i'm about 35% done with my English paper which is worth about 40% of my grade, which is due in about 6 hours.

It's about what structure can we rely on to prevent the destruction of mankind by mankind itself. I'm doing science.

I just can't get to writing this stupid paper. I'd rather watch Sehwag tear up Sri Lanka. :D

Users who are viewing this thread