Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
A-level physics is pretty easy. Maths isn't too bad. It's once you do A2 Futher Maths it gets hard :)

That's the thing I am doing FP2 which is the Further Pure math unit we have for Edexcel.
We are not doing Fp3 though. Have heard scary stories about the crazy integration we have to do in FP3 unit though. :eek:

What you do will be different from me because I did the CIE A-levels, not the regional ones. We had 2 papers we had to do and couldn't choose others.

Another unit signed off yesterday, probably another tomorrow. Almost finished, have another 2 bits of work to do, probably another 1,000 words or so, then I'm finished iirc.

Don't you just hate it when you have an exam tomorrow, you're flicking through the textbook, and you find out there's a whole section your tard teacher is yet to cover. :mad:

Just happened to me before, I find out we're yet to cover 1/4 of electromagnetism which my mate in another class says we need to know for the exam.

I am doing 'did the war turn boys into men' instead of 'did whoever have a good war'.

First paragraph for me is to be 'what is a boy?' any help?

Don't you just hate it when you have an exam tomorrow, you're flicking through the textbook, and you find out there's a whole section your tard teacher is yet to cover. :mad:

Just happened to me before, I find out we're yet to cover 1/4 of electromagnetism which my mate in another class says we need to know for the exam.

When that happens I just don't look at it. I take a chance in the hope that it doesn't show up on the exam.

shravi added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

I am doing 'did the war turn boys into men' instead of 'did whoever have a good war'.

What class is this? They ask you the weirdest questions... Sounds more like a philosophy class than a history class.

When that happens I just don't look at it. I take a chance in the hope that it doesn't show up on the exam.

What class is this? They ask you the weirdest questions... Sounds more like a philosophy class than a history class.

T.O.K!!! What a killer that is.

One word would be - carefree.

You can write along the lines of child(a boy) unaware of the complex world which lies ahead of him. But when he faces things like "death", it shakes him to the core. I still remember the void feeling I had when someone close in the family passed away. No matter how logical you think you are, understanding and coming to terms with that feeling of knowing that the person you knew and met everyday won't be around no matter what you do. It's just strange and too complex for a 'boy'. One needs to be mature and be a 'man' to accept the hard realities of life.

Don't know if it strictly sticks to your topic but you can use it I suppose as death is a major factor in wars. Infact, war is about death only, ultimately.

I choose my paragraph questions obviously.

A boy is someone who is not ready to be a man. The main majority of people in the 21st century matured slower than if they were in the 20th century. The reasons for this is that boys are having to work at young ages such as 12 and 13, a boy a hundred years ago would have learned much discipline. The majority of boys a hundred years ago were uneducated or very poorly educated. An average boy in the 20th century may have some areas more like a man, but in other areas not as much as a boy from the 21st century.

Next paragraph should be?

Cricketdude added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

History.

Thanks a lot MM, really helped me.

Last edited:
Really? TOK is fairly easy. Never got much homework from that class either.

I hate T.O.K. Don't particularly get it if I'm honest. Looks like I'm getting D's at the moment and really need to bump it up. Got my first attempt at the presentation in a fortnight from yesterday.

Three exams down in the first two days, now just two more to go in the next 13 days. :D

Done better than I thought I would in both Physics and Statistics, in both I answered every question except one.

Chemistry went alright I guess considering it is my worst subject, attempted most of the questions but some of them not very confidently.

Got my two easiest ones next week, Geography and Calculus. I got 1st in Geo two years ago, and last year I got 2nd, Calc is pretty easy as I done it a year ahead last year, so this year I'm just repeating it to get better marks.

Users who are viewing this thread